peja = yao

Yao was so soft when he started in this leauge, and after three years in these playoffs hes finally playing like a man.

Anyways, peja is a foreigner like yao and he has the same problem of being soft as hell. Hes grew up with a team game and not creating for himself.

So I guess what im saying is. Lets get patrick ewing to coach peja.

Thank you.

Yao certainly has a soft issue (mostly with rebounding), but that's where the similarities end.

Yao can create his own shot, even when he first entered the league. You throw it to him and if he doesn't get doubled immediately, good things will happen. He just has to cut down on his turnovers when the help does come, and learn to handle the ball under 2-man pressure.

Yao shows up in the 4th. In fact, during the regular season, his shooting percentage goes up to 60% in the 4th. His playoff performance this year shows something sick like a 70+% shot for the game but that's not statistically significant. He'll need a few more series under his belt.

Yao tries too hard to defend guards and gets into foul trouble because he doesn't have the lateral quickness. He really needs to adopt the Shaq mindset sometimes (especially at the end of the game) and let some people have their drives. Get the points back at the other end. A guy shoots 70+% in the playoffs... think that's a reasonable decision.

I agree. Yao's main problem is that he tried to take the charge too much. He should just go for the block instead. But he's shooting a really high percentage this series (only his second one). Even last year in his first series, Yao did fairly well. I know both of them are foreigner, but you can't compare the two. Peja has been in the league like 7 or 8 years with that much of PO experience. He has no excuse for being soft.

The similarities I see is they both lack that killer instinct of a Jordan, Kobe, Bird... I don't think it's something that can be taught or learned.