Peja injury

I saw the title for this thread and i was afraid to open it and read it. I just thought to myself "Oh, NOOOOOO..... not him now"....

Well, I couldn't be more happy that THIS is the kind of injury he had.......

# "It was good to see Bobby Jackson back on the court and looking fit. Jackson has been working out almost non-stop since the season ended to rehab his strained groin muscle and looks like the energizer bunny. His sprained hand hasn’t slowed him down at all.

# Chris Webber appears to be moving around more fluidly and looser. The semi-gait with which he ran last year is pretty much gone, and he just looks good. The biggest factor in him looking better? Time and human nature. No matter how hard you rehab an injury like the one Webb had, the only thing that is going to make the biggest difference is the body getting time to heal.

# Brad Miller looks like he is going to be a more vocal leader this season—at one point on Saturday yelling at his teammates to play better defense after the second-team started regularly scoring on the first-team."

Good to hear this.

TheSerbianQueen said:
I saw the title for this thread and i was afraid to open it and read it. I just thought to myself "Oh, NOOOOOO..... not him now"....

Well, I couldn't be more happy that THIS is the kind of injury he had.......
Me too! My heart jumping like crazy!
Greet from Belgrade!

HndsmCelt said:
Im glad tosee that some of the guys are practicing hard enough to CAUSE a split lip or two.
Good point. Now let's hope he uses that elbow against someone from another team next time! At least Peja's tongue wasn't between his teeth. That HURTS!!! Battle wounds already mounting. Hopefully they stay relatively minor this season. ::wishful thinking::

I just saw a training camp video on NBA T.V. the other day. Man! I couldn't believe how hard those guys have to work. It is definately no picnic for anyone, and it's a wonder that everybody involved isn't hurt in some way or another. They are, after all fighting for their economic lives. IMHO, training camp is much harder than regular season play. Well..... If you ever get a chance to watch a training camp session, do it. You won't believe what these guys go through.
KD///

HndsmCelt said:
Im glad tosee that some of the guys are practicing hard enough to CAUSE a split lip or two.
i hope their starting pick up & pack in that much-needed "attitude". Swagger baby! :D

KingKong said:
# Chris Webber appears to be moving around more fluidly and looser. The semi-gait with which he ran last year is pretty much gone, and he just looks good. The biggest factor in him looking better? Time and human nature. No matter how hard you rehab an injury like the one Webb had, the only thing that is going to make the biggest difference is the body getting time to heal.
True.

-slower JSin than before his broken leg even with hours of intense rehab work

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gargamel said:
The part they don't tell you...it was Chris Webber's elbow that caused the split lip.
Gargamel - You're being a very bad Gargy!

For newer members:

Gargamel is a Laker fan. We love him in spite of it but please do not take everything he says, especially when it's something like this, as the gospel truth. Gargamel occasionally... how should I say this?...colors the truth to see if he can stir things up.

Ain't even cool, Mad D!! LOL Besides, a cut on a lip is not considered an injury. :p I had an injury not so long ago when I slipped in the bathtub. That’s an injury!! Peja was trying to be aggressive and accidentally cut himself. :p

PejaFanatic said:
Ain't even cool, Mad D!! LOL Besides, a cut on a lip is not considered an injury. :p I had an injury not so long ago when I slipped in the bathtub. That’s an injury!! :p
be careful girl!

Last edited:
Ya got me there, I was about to add an update on my Peja site ;) But I guess not yet ... lol I bet Brad and Greg were out fishing and thats how Greg Broke his hand!!!

The Freak said:
Ya got me there, I was about to add an update on my Peja site ;) But I guess not yet ... lol I bet Brad and Greg were out fishing and thats how Greg Broke his hand!!!
i can only see that happening to them in camo pants, combat boots, and white tanktops with their knees deep in river water fishing barehanded.