Paul Westphal's Experiments

They really have to end.

Seriously, is it so hard to stick with a consistent rotation? You have two PGs (Head and Beno), two SGs (Reke and Garcia), two SFs (Casspi and Greene), two PFs (Thompson and Landry), and two Cs (Dalembert and Cousins).

Not only has the offense been godawful but the defense has suffered too. When players play together, they learn each others' tendencies, both offensively and defensively. Right now so many different players are playing with eachother nobody has any idea what to do. The fourth quarter was literally the only time during the whole game I felt there was a reasonable rotation. Yes they lost but its maddening to see such a quick trigger from PW on guys who are clearly just now learning to play together, forcing them to start from scratch over and over again.

They really have to end.

Seriously, is it so hard to stick with a consistent rotation? You have two PGs (Head and Beno), two SGs (Reke and Garcia), two SFs (Casspi and Greene), two PFs (Thompson and Landry), and two Cs (Dalembert and Cousins).

Not only has the offense been godawful but the defense has suffered too. When players play together, they learn each others' tendencies, both offensively and defensively. Right now so many different players are playing with eachother nobody has any idea what to do. The fourth quarter was literally the only time during the whole game I felt there was a reasonable rotation. Yes they lost but its maddening to see such a quick trigger from PW on guys who are clearly just now learning to play together, forcing them to start from scratch over and over again.
I feel sorry for the fans that paid money to watch the game today...

In my opinion, the rotations should be pretty clear based on the players we have. Start tyreke, cisco, omri, landry, daly...bring beno in for reke, head in for cisco, greene in for omri, jt for landry and cousins in for daly. Seems pretty straight forward to me. There is NO reason why head should start over cisco/beno or JT gets minutes at the 3.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I agree.

JT has played his best minutes at the 4. Why? Because he is a 4. But Westphal has him coming in at the 3 ahead of both Omri and Greene. Meanwhile Jackson subs in at PF for Landry.

Our best lineup tonight was Beno/Reke/Greene/Landry/Cuz. Why? Because all those guys are at their natural positions. Seems simple, but Westphal only went with it for like, 8 minutes in the fourth. He spent more time with Beno/Cisco/Landry/Jackson/Greene. WTF?

However; besides the rotations, team defense, team offense, and player development the coaching is great!

Not only that, but just so many lineups. Just off the top of my head, I remember seeing:

Head/Reke/Thompson/Landry/Dalembert
Beno/Reke/Casspi/Thompson/Cousins
Beno/Reke/Cisco/Landry/Dalembert
Head/Reke/Wright/Jackson/Cousins
Beno/Reke/Greene/Landry/Cousins (4th quarter lineup)

Just so many lineups played for 4-5 min spurts, thats not going to develop any chemistry at all. This isn't musical chairs. Stick with a rotation, if its struggling call a timeout and direct them, don't shuffle them around like a deck of cards.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I think I mgiht actually cal for 1 more to start next game: Head/Reke/Greene/Landry/Dalembert w. an option on Cousins if he can sustain.

I think that Green might be abel to add just enoguh extra balhandling and shooting, not ot mention at hsi position defense, to make that work. But who knows that Westphal is going to try\.

The Kings are the dumbest team in the league. They are just way too low on the basketball IQ scale to win.

So if we're doing expirements, we need to be doing Dr Frankenstein expirements and transplants some brains here or there.

JT? Dumb.
Head? Dumb.
Tyreke? Did you see those fourth quarter choices?
Westphal? I direct you to his postgame quotes.

And this ultimately falls on management for not getting a "heady" PG in the off-season.

I think I mgiht actually cal for 1 more to start next game: Head/Reke/Greene/Landry/Dalembert w. an option on Cousins if he can sustain.

I think that Green might be abel to add just enoguh extra balhandling and shooting, not ot mention at hsi position defense, to make that work. But who knows that Westphal is going to try\.
I just want PW to go with one thing and stick with it. Enough experimenting lineups for 4-5 minute spurts, its time to build some chemistry. Put a lineup you think works on the floor and live with the results, even if early returns aren't promising, because there is only one way to go and thats up.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I agree, they are getting out of hand and quick! I want to see Cousins moved back to the starting line up so he can learn better and get more burn that way, if he goes foul crazy, so be it. He has to learn one way or another of what he can/can't do anyways. I couldn't believe he actually started JT at the three. That is just ridiculous, I hope we do not see that anymore. How is a coach this clueless of his personnel?

This is really hurting our team. Its not allowing our teammates to develop chemistry at all. Westphal bases his rotations on whoever "Earns it" in practice.. So we could be seeing a different rotation every night. As nice as that sounds - allowing players to play based on merit - it does nothing to help out the development of our team. If our players are playing without the same lineup that they are used to playing with, itll keep them second guessing each other and encourages the blame game, all of which is detrimental to our development as a team..

why do you guys think I started a fire PW thread? this guy is killing our team and ruining precious time to develop the young (potential) talent we have