Patrick O'Bryant for No One (Deal Fell Through)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AriesMar27

wow, petrie was active.... didnt accomplish anything worth mentioning but he was active.

L

Lafayette

I think it was part of the Sam Cassell deal, I read somewhere that another player was to be involved.

Whats with the Kings getting all these lottery picks from the crappy draft year? First Shelden, then Simmons, and now O'Bryant?

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Simmons makes sense. We get one Simmons in an effort to entice another one. Just like offering a college scholarship to a 5 star recruit's girlfriend.
O'Bryant is Irish, and from the Celtics to boot, so I guess he'll bring some good luck.

...In all seriousness, I got nuthin.

Nice. A real sleeper here, and he started to grow on me with his potential (skillset+physical tools), and he fits our rebuilding process. I actually thought that the Celts were trying to groom him (they are sorely lacking in height, and Kendrick Perkins, while young, is pretty much what he is right now--just a defensive stalwart) but whatever works for them. The problem here is that we have way too many bigs even after we jettisoned Shelden out of here, and I assume the minutes will be occupied by Hawes+Thompson+Moore+Diogu, with some spot minutes for Nocioni and Greene here and there, and assuming that Gooden is injured. He's certainly a better candidate than Cedric Simmons to get minutes, but I wonder if he will even get any.

Chris Sheridan: Minor deal alert -- The Boston Celtics have agreed to trade Patrick O'Bryant to Toronto for backup point guard Will Solomon. There were reports that O'Bryant was headed to Sacramento, but this deal fills Boston's need for another option at point guard behind Rajon Rondo, Eddie House and Gabe Pruitt, and it gives the Raptors another big body to bring off the bench.

Anyone who watched Andrea Bargnani and Jake Voskuhl try to stop Zydrunas Ilgauskas last night can see why the Raptors would be looking for some more size.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=TradeTalkRoundup-090218

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm shocked the Raptors were able to best our offer of "no one" for O'Bryant

Too bad we did not keep Douby around for this.

Come to think of it, wasn't Cassel supposed to be headed back to the Cs? And weren;t we supposed to be doing them a favor? Thanks a lot Danny.

Come to think of it, wasn't Cassel supposed to be headed back to the Cs? And weren;t we supposed to be doing them a favor? Thanks a lot Danny.
I was under the impression the "return favor" was taking Nocioni's contract and giving us a treasure trove of expirings for 2010.

Solomon >>>> Douby

Solomon is actually a true PG, did a pretty solid job filling in for Calderon when he was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.