Out with the old

These ideas have been expressed here and on different sites. Other than putting them together,.......

Sacramento and Miami:
Outgoing Kings, Bjelica who fits nicely in Miami's TPE

Outgoing Kings, Joseph
Incoming Kings, Leonard who won't play again this year and can be waived. Silva, PF, who plays less than/around 10 minutes a game. He will be a RFA. 1.5 million now.

If Silva not included, then Miami's 2024 2nd round pick if it falls 31-50 and Miami's 2027 2nd round pick. These pick/s could be included with Silva depending on how bad Miami wants Bjelica or how badly they don't want him going to their competition.

Sacramento and Boston:
Outgoing Kings, Barnes who fits nicely in Boston's TPE
Outgoing Kings, Robinson who also fits into a Boston TPE if necessary.
Incoming Kings, Pritchard and Nesmith, both of whom got Bajaden's vote of approval especially Nesmith prior to the draft which is good enough for me.
Would like some draft capital also but Ainge is tight with the firsts.

Sacramento and New York:
Kings outgoing, Heild
Kings incoming, Randle.

Sacramento Outgoing: Walton. Gentry might not be the best but at least he wouldn't have too many vets and would be forced to go to the youth. Might actually put in something that reflects the players he would have.

Whiteside despite being long in the tooth, still has some use for spot duty.

At this point I’m fine with moving these players for younger pieces, but not sure Hield to New York works for them. Seems Barrett and Quickly, both SG’s are two of their most promising players.

At this point I’m fine with moving these players for younger pieces, but not sure Hield to New York works for them. Seems Barrett and Quickly, both SG’s are two of their most promising players.
That would probably be okay. Looking today, one writer's opinion had better options with draft capital coming back. But every one has opinions.......

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don’t think Boston parts with Pritchard AND Nesmith but may part with Nesmith and a first with some protection. Not that Pritchard is great or anything but he’s playing a role with them right now.

I personally would tell Boston to pound sand unless we get a reasonable return for Barnes who I think is rather solid and he’s not a negative.

People no longer seem to value experience.
A team full of young players full of potential is what the Kings specialize in.
That right there explains why they can never get to the playoffs.
What good does experience do with a schizophrenic coach? A young team full of potential that don't play is more accurate of what the Kings specialize in, Hali being the exception.

The Kings DO NOT have a good balance of playing experience while developing potential.

dude12

Hall of Famer
People no longer seem to value experience.
A team full of young players full of potential is what the Kings specialize in.
That right there explains why they can never get to the playoffs.
Not true.

Kings have been adding vets every season chasing the last playoff spot and not following through with a building plan. Fact of the matter is that adding these vets has perpetually kept us in the late lottery where teams just don’t want to be.
Same thing Going on this year instead of playing heavy rotational minutes for the Woodards, James, Guy, DQJ, Metu, even Bagley truth be told and in a way Halliburton when Cojo plays more minutes than these guys.

Need to dump the guys who won’t be here next year and then sign some young guys looking for an opportunity or play the young players we acquire in any deal. Set yourself up for next year with a great draft pick, find out which of these young guys can be rotation guys or part of the team going forward. To honestly evaluate players, they really do need to give the young guys 20-30 minutes of consistent playing time on a daily basis. Walton plays guys sporadically and expects them to produce at an acceptable level but when a player hasn’t seen the floor in weeks, what are the realistic expectations. Other teams do it all the time but not the Kings. Same thing over and over.

Playing Cojo this many minutes is just absurd on so many levels as he doesn’t even produce.
Last year James got some steady run in the beginning of the year and produced at a reasonable level. Instead of trying to build on this, he rots. Hes good defensively, the offense needs to improve but he will never get there without steady playing time. On and on it goes.

Teams and coaches value experienced players.
Many people on this forum do not.
Cory Joseph is the poster boy for a scapegoat. He has kept the Kings in several games. He is not the reason they are losing as of late. People need to stop pretending like he is.

Cory Joseph is the poster boy for a scapegoat. He has kept the Kings in several games. He is not the reason they are losing as of late. People need to stop pretending like he is.
No. Okay, look at the coach. The three guard set with him playing was so successful, Walton double downed with a four guard set with him playing for the encore.

And no, you CAN'T excuse it as maybe that is what they are telling him to do. Not after he admitted he blew through the minute restrictions on Bagley. That should be enough to tell you that he is going to do whatever he feels like. Almost like he is saying Eff you and daring McNair to fire him or perhaps knowing he can't.

Looking forward to the trade deadline and seeing in what direction Monte attempts to move this team. A couple weeks ago I would have said hold tight with Barnes and even Hield but now leaning towards the youth movement. Barnes is a good player and character so if there’s a better opportunity for both parties it would make sense.
I don’t know where NY is at with Randle. From what I understand Toppin has underwhelmed so as much as I like Randle’s numbers, I dont think they would trade him for Hield.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
No. Okay, look at the coach. The three guard set with him playing was so successful, Walton double downed with a four guard set with him playing for the encore.
Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the four-guard lineup?
Ted: Yeah, sure, four-guard lineup. Yeah, Luke Walton does that.
Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: Five... Guard... Lineup.
Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.
Hitchhiker: Think about it. You look at your bench, you see four guards sittin' there, there's five guards sitting there right beside them. Which lineup are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 5.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. Five-guard lineup. And we guarantee just as big losses as with the four-guard lineup.
Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the five guards, you can bench one of them and put in an undersized wing for free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".
Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with a six-guard lineup. Then you're in trouble, huh?
[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not SIX! I said FIVE. Nobody's comin' up with SIX! Who has six guards? You can't even put six players on the floor, you'd get a technical.
Ted: That - good point.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
name me every game CoNo has kept us in. Off the top of my head I can name 3 games he’s been good in. Opener, and the two recently. He’s been abysmal for the most part. Sure he’s not the only one, but to pick him as a guy who’s kept us in games? I’m not seeing it at all.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
One player doesn’t cost the team games. Everyone should realize that but to say Cojo keeps us in games is way, way out there. All you have to do is watch him on the defensive side. What once was a better than average to good defensive player, he is now below average and I consider him terrible. Honestly might be the worst defensive guard/forward defensively on the team.

But the bigger question no one can answer, why would you give him all these minutes and in the bubble. Why? It’s a team that isn’t going to compete yet for a playoff spot realistically. Playing Cojo and players like him 24-28 or more minutes is how bad or rebuilding teams stay in the cycle of not ever getting better. The proof is year after year history of the Kings.

Im happy as hell that Bogdanovich wasn’t matched or that we had the Bucks deal in place. Not that he was a bad player but the Kings weren’t going anywhere with him. With his replacement Halliburton, you can see there is a path going forward. His impact is every bit as good as Bogie’s already and he hasn’t completed his first year.

James and Woodard and DQJ all should be playing more minutes than Cojo. It’s the smart move.