Ouch! ND

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Enjoy it while you can - the recruits are coming in, and Charlie will finally get his team. It'll be young, but it'll be good. :D

No comment, I am still upset about it...

like Spike said, we did have one of the better recruiting classes over the last 2 years. Hopefully things start to pan out. Man last night sucked...

I'll wager my whiskers that they'll win this bowl game, regardless of who they play.
Ah.....yeah. Famous last words.

I don't mean to give you ND fans too bad of a time here. I just want to say that the system is rigged in their favor which creates mismatches like we saw last night.

I said it before, ND was nowhere near a top 10 team this year. They probably would have finished 4th in the Big 10 at best and remember that LSU did not even win their division within the SEC.

Again, I don't mean too rub your noses in it, but when better teams get left out of the BCS (Badgers to start with) it is almost criminal. We are not just talking about bragging rights here. Were are talking about millions of dollars. Shame on the NCAA.

VF....let me beat you to it - Go Irish.

Again, I don't mean too rub your noses in it, but when better teams get left out of the BCS (Badgers to start with) it is almost criminal. We are not just talking about bragging rights here. Were are talking about millions of dollars. Shame on the NCAA.

VF....let me beat you to it - Go Irish.
Until there is a playoff this is a pretty useless debate. They were ranked above ND... Problem being off course who is really going to watch them? Its all about money. Not to mention they played absolutely nobody this year. The one ranked team they played they lost to, the team they barely beat in the bowl game got killed by ranked teams. Worse the ND.

Wisconsins schedule:
Bowling Green
Westeren Ill
SD state
Michigan - Loss
IU
Nw
Purdue
Ill
Penn State
Iowa
Buff
Arkansas - who got destroyed by USC and LSU...

again until there is a playoff mute point, Big 10 and couldn't add OSU to the sched vs lets say the easy win at IU.... if ND has that schedule they have the same record.

Wisconsin played their Big-10 schedule while ND goes out and schedules Army, Navy and Air Force....too bad the Coast Guard doesn't have an Academy as well :p

Not to say that Wisconsin OOC schedule was anything to right home about(San Diego State and Buffalo :confused:) but I think people just really are tired of the "kid gloves" that Notre Dame gets treated with. It probably started when NBC signed them to the exclusive contract and therefore we had to watch them every Saturday even though they were not very good.

Don't mind me Kup I am just bitter, this is shaping up to be a horrible week in sports. My Cowboys are all I have left.
It has been both a horrible week and a great week. The Fiesta Bowl is something I will not soon forget. I am concerned about you if all you have left is the Cowboys. Good luck with that.

I enjoy a ND trouncing just as much as the next person, but you cannot fault ND for getting into the BCS over the Badgers...the BCS only allows a maximum of two teams from any one conference to participate in the BCS bowls and national title game. Since Ohio St. and Michigan were already in, Wisconsin could not participate in the BCS.

Looking back over the field, I'm not sure who should've been in the Sugar Bowl if ND isn't there...I may have enjoyed watching LSU romp all over Oklahoma about as much, but in truth LSU underachieved this season in its two losses (particularly with its 5 turnover game against Florida), and so was probably going to destroy any team it played not named USC, Ohio St. or Florida (I'd like to include Michigan in that group, but I can't after the Rose Bowl fiasco).

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I agree with the two team limitation, most of the conferences split their bowl payouts so the huge BCS money goes a long way. Of course ND keeps their entire payout for themselves and they already have more football money than they'll ever need.

Its hard to say Notre Dame didn't deserve the final spot the way things broke down at the end of the season. Had Rutgers held off West Virginia and won the Big East then a lot of people would be screaming if ND got in over Louisville who are clearly a top 5 team right now. If Cal had beat Arizona (or maybe if the USC game was early in the season) they may have had a case. As it stood in the last week of November ND was the most deserving of the eligible teams.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Ah.....yeah. Famous last words.
mmm....crow. Tasty.

At least we'll see a season will Charlie's kids + two back-to-back top 10 recruiting classes....and possibly a new DC :D

4CWebb already made the point I was about to make about the BCS. Also, as waxer said, it IS about money. Regardless of how people feel, ND travels about as well as anyone (except possibly Nebraska - they're craaaazy.) So if they qualify, they'll be in a BCS.

FINALLY:

ND SOS: 20
Wisconsin SOS: 84

:D

Last edited: