[Game] Orlando Magic @ Sacramento Kings, 1/3/24,7p PST/10p EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pffft... calling out my lazy comparison :p

Agree that Domas has to be our "3rd star". Dude loves to pass, and has a pretty spotty range.

I'm bullish on Keegan being that guy, maybe not consistently this season, but next year for sure.
hmm, quite fast falling to "3rd option" despite his game and numbers he makes. And that is opinion of Kings fan, so what to expect from any other team fans? No surprise, that Sabonis is not on All Star voting list (at least at latest vote poll announcement)...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
hmm, quite fast falling to "3rd option" despite his game and numbers he makes. And that is opinion of Kings fan, so what to expect from any other team fans? No surprise, that Sabonis is not on All Star voting list (at least at latest vote poll announcement)...
Third option is really just more of a hierarchical designation for offense than anything else. Of course Domas is incredibly important to the Kings, its just that eventually for the Kings to be elite, they’ll probably just need one more guy who’s better at getting his own shot off than he is.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
but the one against them (bumping monk for FT's) might not have changed anything. The one against the Kings (out of bounds, Magic turnover) would have pretty much sealed the first OT.
The bump of Monk was a side out of bounds that lead to the non-called offensive on Sabonis? Or am I thinking of something else?

I'll maintain this - two missed calls at the end of regulation and OT would have given the Kings the ball with seconds left and a tie or lead whereas most of the incorrect calls that benefited the Kings were judgement calls - there was contact but the league later determined it was/wasn't a foul. Those are the calls that I think we are seeing refs refuse to overturn on replay review these days. "Marginal contact" is not a clear and obvious officiating error. Missing a travel or seeing a Kings player touch a ball that Banchero fumbled on his lonesome are blown calls that would have been overturned if reviewable (arguably the Banchero call was reviewable and should have gone to officials' review to get correct).

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Also this may be a conspiracy theorist in me, but for a few years we saw L2M reports overwhelmingly show bias against the Kings and then suddenly at the midpoint last year there would be lots of marginal incorrect calls revealed that showed "see it goes both ways". I think the league has been politicizing some of the L2M reports to make sure they don't give the impression bad calls are deciding games. And that's probably a result of pressure we put on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.