One of the worst TALENTED teams ever?

I know, I know. It's a big claim... But could it be possible? I'm just so disappointed...

Just glancing at the lineup-

PG: Rondo - A re-emerging all-star PG with top notch skills (at a bargain deal).
SG: McLemore - A below average, but somewhat decent SG (so far)
SF: Gay - A borderline All-Star during most years. Great 2nd or 3rd option.
PF: Cousins - Perennial All-Star and potential HOFer at the current pace.
C: WCS - Unproven but super-energetic big man with supreme D.

Collison - A former starter with potential who was pegged as a solid weapon.
Koufos - A supposed great backup with great D and board potential.
Bellineli - A sharpshooter with sound fundamentals.
Casspi -Another good shooter with height.

Last edited:
Quick question, what are the guidelines. Team with winning record and underperformed in playoffs, team under .500 that made playoffs, or team under .500 and didn't make it?

Because all 3 examples could be used.

Quick question, what are the guidelines. Team with winning record and underperformed in playoffs, team under .500 that made playoffs, or team under .500 and didn't make it?

Because all 3 examples could be used.
I think you can go two ways with this:

A team who was supposed to be great, but sucked.

A team who was amazing during regular season and took a dump in playoffs.

Not really included:

A team under .500 who made the playoffs was overachieving. Not right for this category.

Just off the top of my head. Melos Knicks with Amare, Chandler, JR Smith and shumpert in 2013. I think this year's Bucks team will be a massive disappointment with the talent on that team and the promise they showed last year. They have Giannis, Parker, Monroe, Middleton, Henson and MCW yet they are 10 games under .500. And I'll say all of CP3 team that have failed to do anything in the playoffs is a huge waste of talent. Especially since he's been a Clipper, you have Crawford,JJ, DeAndre and Blake and still just nothing to show for it.

K

KingMilz

Rudy Gay is not a borderline AllStar nor he is a 2nd option and Rondo is not a re-merging All Star

How can you be disappointed when we have coach who doesn't care and our big 3 of Gay/Cousins/Rondo have never proven they can lead teams anywhere unless they are the 4th best player on elite defensive teams not a 2nd or 3rd guy.

The guys we signed to help us have turned out to be busts as well the roster should be better but the fact we suck is not a surprise considering how often we have seen the same players quit over and over again.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The team isn't as good as we want to make it out. Gay is not a proven winner what so ever and he is supposed to be your third best player, not going to happen with him in the line up. The same applies with Rondo if he doesn't want to become engaged in the game with defense and antics like he performed last night.

We have a playoff roster, but the offense doesn't fit the team. It calls for really smart, athletic, good ballhandling guards who are capable of breaking down the defense to make plays for others. Rondo is ok at it, but that is it. Seth, Collison, Ben, and Marco are each not good at that for one reason or another. We actually rely on Cousins to break down the defense like a guard, which he can do, but that is something he should not have to break out more than once or twice per game.

This team desperately needs a playbook, cuz we don't have freelancers.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have a playoff roster, but the offense doesn't fit the team. It calls for really smart, athletic, good ballhandling guards who are capable of breaking down the defense to make plays for others. Rondo is ok at it, but that is it. Seth, Collison, Ben, and Marco are each not good at that for one reason or another. We actually rely on Cousins to break down the defense like a guard, which he can do, but that is something he should not have to break out more than once or twice per game.

This team desperately needs a playbook, cuz we don't have freelancers.
So what you're saying is that we need to move from a read-and-respond, free-flowing offense to kind of a programmatic offense?

That we have a jazz band but now we need to shift to a Sousa marching band?

Disagree with Rudy being borderline all star as well. A great player though.

Disagree with Ben being decent too. He's simply on a rookie contract with athletic upside but paying zero dividends. Is like a penny stock.

Marco gets the wtf *

We're just not putting Cousins in the mid-range face-up anymore. It's all post ups and the 3pt line, as if the area in the middle didn't exist. He'll loses the ball pretty often driving from the 3pt line. Depending on the matchup, he can have massive difficult in a post-up. The mid-range gives him the option to drive or post up, and lose the ball less often.

But no. We put him on the 3pt line or we put him in the post. At least pick-and-pop and then give the ball to him in the mid-range. That worked pretty often last year.