"One Day in 2002" (Bonzi/Kings Video)

This was a creation from DanLanghiOwnsAll at realgm.com , asked him if i could share this , heres his quote " I was once again looking through the dusty collection of VHS tapes and came across some Bonzi Wells footage. I was watching Portland go against Dallas an hour before the Kings would face the TWolves on national television. I put this video together so we could see the good, bad, and the ugly with Bonzi Wells. It's a fun little 5 minute video. "

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NYK0LI9LNCRN3SH8UAIM8HS7H

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Horrible shooting from Bonzi in the first half of that game. It's easy to see why he's streaky, his shot has a ton of arc on it, too much it seems.

Nice to see some footage of our old lovable Kings team. I'll always love seeing Doug aggressively preventing the post entry lob.

In truth, I think the Kings could use a little of Wells' attitude. Yes, Kings players, hard fouls do exist. I even vaguely remember a few from Brad Miller years ago. And not just the, "I didn't get a foul call, I'm going to commit a stupid foul on the guy receiving the inbounds" type of foul.

Webber finishing with authority, Vlade finding cutter after cutter for easy lay-ups, Peja nailing all those open looks, Doug playing agressive D, the flawless ball sharing, Hedo and Scott wearing the Purple and white but most of all... chemistry on and off the court. Guys willing to do anything and everything for each other. Because they were one, they were the Sacramento Kings.

God I miss that team

funkykingston said:
Horrible shooting from Bonzi in the first half of that game. It's easy to see why he's streaky, his shot has a ton of arc on it, too much it seems.

Nice to see some footage of our old lovable Kings team. I'll always love seeing Doug aggressively preventing the post entry lob.

In truth, I think the Kings could use a little of Wells' attitude. Yes, Kings players, hard fouls do exist. I even vaguely remember a few from Brad Miller years ago. And not just the, "I didn't get a foul call, I'm going to commit a stupid foul on the guy receiving the inbounds" type of foul.
I hope to god he doesnt take the jumpers, just cross some people up and dunk the ball :p

I don't get what this is about?

Is it a Bonzi rip job? :confused:

I mean you could just as easily shown one of Dougs wild passes, or C-Webb throwing brick after brick. Anyhow I must say that in the clips of Bonzi it showed the kind of player he is; a tough one! He is a very good slasher and finisher, with the ability to bang around defenders under the basket.

He will be a great addition.

Hahaha, he was just going through old game tape, he accidently recoreded the game before the kings too, it had Bonzi Playing, so he just had fun with it. No not a Bonzi Rip Job, and i dont care if he cant make a damn jumper, aslong as he can be tough and attack the rim, im fine with that :D

watching that video brought to mind a question: Is Indiana still holding on to Scott Pollard? Seems to me we need some frontcourt guys who can rebound and play D, Pollard was good rebound and a decent (compared to what we have now anyway) defender.

Bonzi has never been known as a guy who can make the three, so I'm not expecting much out of him from that, or to take many. Just about all those jump shots he missed were threes, or just inside the line, he made just about all the mid-range ones though.

I really like what I saw there, Bonzi's gonna be real good for us.

Why do people ask if he's improved since then? The year BEFORE, he helped lead that Portland team to the WCF and fall to the dreaded Lakers. So it turns out he has bad nights. Let's all go after Petrie's head.

PixelPusher said:
watching that video brought to mind a question: Is Indiana still holding on to Scott Pollard? Seems to me we need some frontcourt guys who can rebound and play D, Pollard was good rebound and a decent (compared to what we have now anyway) defender.
trade kenny thomas and kevin martin for scott pollard and eddie gill. then resign doug?

With all the talk of Doug coming back I would be lying if I said I had no reservations about that.

But with Pollard I think its a totally different situation. Pollard is a fortified backup, and a darn good one. I wouldn't mind getting him back if it meant we didn't have to give up anything. Besides we lost our comedic ability when Tag left, who else would make a better replacement than Scot?

captain bill said:
Why do people ask if he's improved since then? The year BEFORE, he helped lead that Portland team to the WCF and fall to the dreaded Lakers. So it turns out he has bad nights. Let's all go after Petrie's head.
well, yeah, just making sure that that WAS a bad night and not the norm. we don't need another gunner a la mobley.

Jerryaki said:
well, yeah, just making sure that that WAS a bad night and not the norm. we don't need another gunner a la mobley.
Kings113 said:
Bonzi has never been known as a guy who can make the three, so I'm not expecting much out of him from that, or to take many. Just about all those jump shots he missed were threes, or just inside the line, he made just about all the mid-range ones though.
:).

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
grun said:
gold. does any1 else know of any other video clips with sac glory era highlights on them?
I posted a link to the ones I found in this topic: http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6706

And about Pollard, I would welcome a trade if for no other reason than he's one of the few players we could trade Kenny Thomas or Corliss Williamson for who's contract expires in a year. We need a backup C now too, which we are looking for right now -- though I don't think he'll be a longterm solution there. More likely just a way to free ourselves of an undesirable contract.