Olden Polynice on Marvin Bagley

Here’s some substance for you. Kings are going out of their way to feed this guy, yet he’s proving to be horribly inefficient, turns the ball over, doesn’t create for his teammates, and doesn’t play D. I don’t know what his pops is complaining about, Mashmallow is lucky he’s even playing, let alone getting the touches he’s getting.
Small sample size, but OMG that’s not good.

To be fair, I was over the moon with Bagley this season. Being healthy and playing well in the first few games, until this loss and the tweet.

He not only didn't say anything about it on his own, but also didn't want to answer those questions, and in fact he even decided to dodge them immediately after some of the somewhat-related questions were asked.

My opinion of him had definitely taken a deep dive for the worse. I know I am only one Kings fan and my opinion means zilch. The way I'm brought up, I need him to owe up to this, and since Team Bagley never thought to "keep it in-house" themselves, IMO he owes an explanation in public to us as well.

At this point, we can't even sure that MBIII isn't completely on the same page with Team Bagley and is just using that social media to voice his frustration. I am slowly starting to think that I can't really root for him with the Kings anymore. Again, it's probably just me little Kings fan whose opinion means nothing to nobody. :confused:

How did Joerger have this dude ballin' out in his rookie year, and now he can't even finish with his dominate hand at the hoop? 37% is terrible for a guard, let alone a big guy, and a lot of these misses are at the rim. I can't tell if it's a confidence thing, a rust thing, or a lack of touch. I'm hoping its the first two, and it seems that way after looking at the game logs and some youtube highlights from his rookie season.

It looks like it's just a huge drop in his confidence after watching that presser. Hopefully he regains it soon, and maybe he just needs a couple big games that he can build on. It's ironic that he helped run Joerger out of town, but Joerger got the best out of him (and Buddy for that matter) that rookie season. Seems even more impressive now with how last year went and how this season has started.

How did Joerger have this dude ballin' out in his rookie year, and now he can't even finish with his dominate hand at the hoop? 37% is terrible for a guard, let alone a big guy, and a lot of these misses are at the rim. I can't tell if it's a confidence thing, a rust thing, or a lack of touch. I'm hoping its the first two, and it seems that way after looking at the game logs and some youtube highlights from his rookie season.

It looks like it's just a huge drop in his confidence after watching that presser. Hopefully he regains it soon, and maybe he just needs a couple big games that he can build on. It's ironic that he helped run Joerger out of town, but Joerger got the best out of him (and Buddy for that matter) that rookie season. Seems even more impressive now with how last year went and how this season has started.
Yeah it’s funny, Coach Dave had Fox, Hield, and MB all balling out and the team had its best season in the last 15 years. Maybe he knew what he was doing? Maybe the inmates shouldn’t run the asylum? Yet the Vlade cultists in here are still positively orgasmic over his firing because he committed the sin of not worshipping at the altar of Vlade, Peja, and their yes men cronies.

Bagley family didn’t do themselves any favors by going on social media with this if their goal was to get Marshmallow out of Sac. He didn’t have much trade value before this and he’s basically worthless now that everyone knows he’s a diva/malcontent. I think we’d have to attach him to Hield to get him moved and get anything in return.

And I think we should move both those guys soon...cancerous players like that can’t be a part of your long term plans, unless they produce at a level of a Harden or DMC, and even then it wears thin and doesn’t foster a good culture of selflessness and accountability. Fox and Hali are both good dudes, and Hali especially is high IQ and does the little things you need to build a winning culture. Those are the guys we should be going forward with.

The problem for many fans is that MB3 was a #2 overall selection from a heralded program whereas Christian Wood was undrafted from a much lower tier level program.

Of course it isn’t MB3’s fault where he was drafted or Wood’s fault that he wasn’t drafted and also took a bit of time to develop.

The cold truth is, it really doesn’t matter where a player was drafted or not drafted — all players have to produce at some point. The higher drafted players are typically those with the highest skill set and/or most potential.

But nothing is ever guaranteed. The league is always filled with high draft picks that never panned out and under drafted or undrafted players that really figured things out.

Once you get past and accept that reality, it really doesn’t matter how highly drafted a player is. They gotta sink or swim either way.

Right now MB3 is barely staying afloat if he is at all. Can he still put it together like Christian Wood has? Of course. But in this day and age of instant gratification, instant results — many fans aren’t going to have patience for that to happen.

And if I’m being really honest, Bagley’s 2 season history of injuries, slow development, and family entitlement drama doesn’t instill confidence that he’s gonna turn things around.

IMO he doesn’t display the type of attitude and demeanor of someone driven to succeed in the NBA.

IDK if Tyrese Halliburton will be a highly successful player yet, but we’ve already seen more indicators of it through only 4 games — with no Summer League or full camp mind you — then we’ve seen from MB3 in 2+ seasons.

That means a little something.
You’re probably still waiting for Dragon Bender to be a unicorn too huh

To be fair, I was over the moon with Bagley this season. Being healthy and playing well in the first few games, until this loss and the tweet.

He not only didn't say anything about it on his own, but also didn't want to answer those questions, and in fact he even decided to dodge them immediately after some of the somewhat-related questions were asked.

My opinion of him had definitely taken a deep dive for the worse. I know I am only one Kings fan and my opinion means zilch. The way I'm brought up, I need him to owe up to this, and since Team Bagley never thought to "keep it in-house" themselves, IMO he owes an explanation in public to us as well.

At this point, we can't even sure that MBIII isn't completely on the same page with Team Bagley and is just using that social media to voice his frustration. I am slowly starting to think that I can't really root for him with the Kings anymore. Again, it's probably just me little Kings fan whose opinion means nothing to nobody. :confused:
As I alluded to, I don’t see a player with a high drive to succeed. Being fronted by his family/father is just another example of it IMO. His unwillingness to speak up for himself, his team, or keep his family in line tells me a lot.

Same $#!t that I never liked about the Ball kids. They take a backseat to their dad and allow him to damage their name. Clearly Bagley’s dad and family are somewhat similar. Overinflated opinion of their kids and a grand sense of entitlement.

Great background check, Vlade. Now were stuck with a marginal player causing disruption that isn’t likely to net much of anything in return.

Finally get a top 2 pick and completely wasted it. Unbelievably maddening.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As I alluded to, I don’t see a player with a high drive to succeed. Being fronted by his family/father is just another example of it IMO. His unwillingness to speak up for himself, his team, or keep his family in line tells me a lot.

Same $#!t that I never liked about the Ball kids. They take a backseat to their dad and allow him to damage their name. Clearly Bagley’s dad and family are somewhat similar. Overinflated opinion of their kids and a grand sense of entitlement.

Great background check, Vlade. Now were stuck with a marginal player causing disruption that isn’t likely to net much of anything in return.

Finally get a top 2 pick and completely wasted it. Unbelievably maddening.
The thing is that the majority of young athletes and their families are in similar boats these days. Jamal Murray and Trae Young both had overbearing fathers who essentially molded them into the ball dominant non-defense playing players that they are today. Reke's brothers pretty much raised him. Kawhi's uncle Dennis is famous/infamous for his involvement in his life. Hell, ironically, concerns about Luka's parents are part of what reportedly made Vlade pass on him.

Other sports are just the same. Pretty much every young NFL quarterback is put through the same rigorous training program by parents who see the potential for hundreds of million dollars in their future. Almost any parent of a little leaguer with even a modicum of arm talent winds up ruining his arm by putting him through various off-season leagues and trainers, etc.

Tweets talking about trading players on the Kings from players parents are ok, as long as it's from players parents we like. Got it.

Kings are a mess from the owner down through the fans.

This isn’t going to end well if it isn’t nipped in the butt. Chemistry is super important especially to a younger squad trying to compete for a playoff spot (fans expectations aside). I would like to think Marvin has cleared the air with this teammates and let them know he is a team player and he has their collective backs. I don’t think this has happened though. He probably just thinks “everything happens for a reason” as he always says instead of manning up.

It really isn't. If it wasn't for the fact we hate Bagley, it could actually be worse. Because Fox's dad is talking about another player needs to be traded. He's stepping in other players business.
You are right, the Elder Fox should not have commented. You have to wonder if this is a real problem within the team though and some of the players, including Fox may be getting tired of it. That’s speculation of course, but to suggest trading a teammate of your son is a bold move. One not usually made unless there is a larger internal problem.

It really isn't. If it wasn't for the fact we hate Bagley, it could actually be worse. Because Fox's dad is talking about another player needs to be traded. He's stepping in other players business.
He said what everyone was thinking after hearing such a ridiculous request from the camp of a guy that cant beat out a 2nd round pick who's only skill is hustle.(holmes)

Well, this will be an interesting early test for McNair. Very curious what he thinks of Marvin as a player. Given MBIII’s lousy analytics, I would guess he’s not the first pick he would make as one of his building blocks. I haven’t listened to every one of his interviews, but I have a hard time remembering McNair emphasizing Marvin as one of his clear foundational players of the team’s future. Yes, he has spoke highly of Marvin, but more in the context of rattling off the other players on the team he’s excited about.

You are right, the Elder Fox should not have commented. You have to wonder if this is a real problem within the team though and some of the players, including Fox may be getting tired of it. That’s speculation of course, but to suggest trading a teammate of your son is a bold move. One not usually made unless there is a larger internal problem.
There absolutely is a larger internal problem. There is a chemistry problem. Haliburton comes into this without the baggage, which is why the offense flows when he's in there. He's passing to the open man without picking and choosing which guy he wants to pass to. It's not a Bagley thing either. Bagley didn't play in the second half of last game and the team still wasn't passing the ball. They had 11 assists total.

It’s not that anyone hates bagley. I’d think most fans want him to succeed here. But if he doesn’t want to be, and can’t even say I want to be here, he can go kick rocks.