Old Kings returning for final game at STA

dude12

Hall of Famer
Something tells me that Jimmer Fredette will be there and he will get the biggest ovation and then we will have to listen to all the Jimmer fans for a brief moment in time once again.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
On a side note. I wish we were playing a bottom dwelling team and not the thunder. Hopefully they are at a spot they can't move up or go down in seeding. And we can't move up or down draft position.
Oklahoma City can't move up, and it's almost impossible for them to move down: they are ten and a half games behind the Spurs, with six games to go, and five and a half games ahead of the Clippers, so they're pretty much locked into the third seed.

The one thing that any Kings Fans who are hoping for a win in the STA finale need to be worried about is that Oklahoma City (and, by extension, us), are going to get no help from the Clippers: the Clippers' next three games are Washington, followed by a "home/at home" ( :rolleyes: ) against the gd lakers. But, on the bright side, OKC's magic number is one.

J

Jackson Palumbo

Would be interesting to see the fan's reaction if the Maloofs were there. I hate to say it, but the longer Vivek owns this team, the more I miss them. If KJ would have given them what he gave Vivek, then they would have never threatened to leave. Remember where the Maloofs had this team 3 years into owning the team. It is the exact opposite of where we are now. Sorry, I am old and cannot erase the memories of what this town is capable of supporting when done right.

Would be interesting to see the fan's reaction if the Maloofs were there. I hate to say it, but the longer Vivek owns this team, the more I miss them. If KJ would have given them what he gave Vivek, then they would have never threatened to leave. Remember where the Maloofs had this team 3 years into owning the team. It is the exact opposite of where we are now. Sorry, I am old and cannot erase the memories of what this town is capable of supporting when done right.
It's off-topic, and it's been discussed ad-naseum, but since you seem to be new there :) - The Maloofs didn't have the capital that Vivek had to put the deal together. It had nothing to do with KJ. It had everything to do with them not having sufficient funds. As I recall, there was a story that came out during the Seattle Saga that the Maloofs had always intended on moving the Kings from Day 1. It's just that we hit the glory years about the time that they wanted to move. I'll always hate the Maloofs for their attempt to move the team while constantly sabotaging every effort to get an arena done in Sacramento. That's my take, anyway.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Would be interesting to see the fan's reaction if the Maloofs were there.
They would not only be booed out of the building, they would probably need a full team of security guards with riot gear to get them out of the building safely. But, yes, that would be interesting.

I hate to say it, but the longer Vivek owns this team, the more I miss them.
Perhaps if you wish the Kings were in Anaheim, that's a reasonable position to take. Otherwise, sorry. Not a chance.

The Maloofs bought the Kings with the intention to move them. They couldn't for the first few years due to the loan agreement, then (fortunately for us) Geoff Petrie built a winner and they had to wait for the team to nadir. They wanted to move the team to Las Vegas, to Mexico City, to Anaheim, and even to Virginia Beach, which when you're scraping the rock bottom of possible NBA destinations like that basically means "anywhere but Sacramento". Then they tried to sell the team to a Seattle-based group without giving any opportunity to local ownership groups - completely out of spite for a rabid NBA market that loved them until it learned of their duplicitous ways.

The first think Vivek did when he bought the team was to partner with the city to build a downtown arena and sign a basically unbreakable 30+ year lease to occupy it.

Night and day on the intentions towards our community. Even though Vivek has done a terrible job at building a team, we still have a team and we will for the foreseeable future.

If KJ would have given them what he gave Vivek, then they would have never threatened to leave.
I'm afraid you must have missed about ten years of the city bending over backwards trying to negotiate with the Maloofs, only to have the Maloofs blow it up at every turn. Walking away from the negotiating table? Stabbing the city in the back on Measure L? The Maloofs had ample opportunity to keep the Kings in Sacramento. That's not what they wanted.

As one of the many people who put in a ton of grass-roots work to keep the Kings here, I'm not about to let this kind of retroactive glorification of the Maloofs go unchallenged. I lived this story. I won't stand for somebody trying to go back and change the plot out from underneath it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Interesting that the IP associated with our newest Maloof apologist is from Southern California.
Nice try. Your first two posts - and the fact you come from Orange County - are a clear indication of your intentions here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Note: I've revised the OP to reflect the list as announced by Kings.com as of 4/5/16. They're continuing to make new announcements a couple of times a day via social media and I'll continue to update the list. :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Note: I've revised the OP to reflect the list as announced by Kings.com as of 4/5/16. They're continuing to make new announcements a couple of times a day via social media and I'll continue to update the list. :)
No Les Jepsen = I ain't watching! :(

Also, I know from the wiki project that Randy Breur is just wandering aroudn up in the snow somewhere shooting things and can't possibly have anything better to do. They need to get him.

And Marty Conlon.

And Ben Gillery.

I would say Oliver Miller but he'd never make it past the concession stands anyway.

IMO the Maloofs were just there holding the ownership papers. Geoff Petrie and Rick Adelman built that team.