Okay, Maloof Sports - IT'S TIME!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's the deal...

1. We've got the reigning Rookie of the Year.

2. Our draft pick for this season could quite possibly make it two in a row.

3. We have youth and excitement on our roster.

4. We have excitement within the fan base.

What does that mean? Very simple...

Let's get the Kings BACK IN BLACK!!!!!

Get the deal done, dudes. Get our new, exciting Kings into black jerseys for the upcoming season. I promise I'll buy two jerseys myself if you do.

:)

NOTE: 1 TeAm DiMe 0 has started an online petition at http://www.PetitionOnline.com/BlackSK/petition.html so sign it and get your friends to sign. Let's see if we can get this going!!!

Last edited:
I was just thinking this the other day. Wouldn't be a bad way to kind of show the "new look" kings with our progress last year and promising rookie this year. Back in black would be perfect :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
cant you just start another petition with the names spelled right before you get too many signatures?
I don't think it will matter. The important thing is that the Maloofs need to hear from us - the fans - and let them know how we feel!

Thanks for adding the petition, 1 TeAm DiMe 0... :)

It was a mistake to get ride of the black jersey's in the first place. They were great. I know the NBA rule is only a certain amount of teams can use black jersey's and I know last year or the year before it was at the limit of teams that could use black uni's. So in 02-03 we gave away our rights to the black jersey's so hope we can get it back.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
It was a mistake to get ride of the black jersey's in the first place. They were great. I know the NBA rule is only a certain amount of teams can use black jersey's and I know last year or the year before it was at the limit of teams that could use black uni's. So in 02-03 we gave away our rights to the black jersey's so hope we can get it back.
What kind of a rule is that? What difference does it make to the NBA how many teams have black jerseys, or at least black alternates, given home teams are supposed to where white. Doesn't make sense to me. I didn't know that rule existed. When a team holds the rights to where black, is it temporary, or does the team choose when to give up the rights?

But bring back the black!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
As long as we're making our opinions known, I'll throw mine out there: No black! We've got a great, unique, and recognizable primary color for our road jerseys. If the opponent is wearing royal purple, the Kings are in town. With black, you're just one among many, hopping on the trend. Personally, I don't think that any team in the NBA outside of the Spurs (for whom black actually is the primary color) should wear road blacks. Just an opinion, and clearly in opposition to the majority around here, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Actually Capt, Factorial, since they produced the new jerseys they wear now, with the darker purple, I like them, too. The color does make them unique. Besides, purple is the color of royalty. Perfect for Kings. I happen to like the purple, black and silver of the Kings.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I've always been a bit partial to the throwback baby blues as alternates, but I'm not particularly picky about alternates (as long as they're not gold lamé). Black as an alternate for a few games a year would be better than moving to black as the standard in my opinion. I don't recall us using an alternate last year, or maybe even the year before, though.

As long as we're making our opinions known, I'll throw mine out there: No black! We've got a great, unique, and recognizable primary color for our road jerseys. If the opponent is wearing royal purple, the Kings are in town. With black, you're just one among many, hopping on the trend. Personally, I don't think that any team in the NBA outside of the Spurs (for whom black actually is the primary color) should wear road blacks. Just an opinion, and clearly in opposition to the majority around here, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

I am with you on this one. Methinks black is way over done.

I have always been in favor of deep purple - deeper than what they have now. So deep that it kind of looks black from a distance, but when you take a closer look you see that it is actually purple. It would look great with some minor gold accents.

I just don't get the fascination with having black jersey's. I mean really, is it just that we associate black with being bad a## or what? To me it show's a complete lack of imagination that we can't come up with a bad a## jersey based on oh the 14 billion other colors out there to choose from...

Just my 2cents...

Go KINGS!!!

I've always been a bit partial to the throwback baby blues as alternates, but I'm not particularly picky about alternates (as long as they're not gold lamé). Black as an alternate for a few games a year would be better than moving to black as the standard in my opinion. I don't recall us using an alternate last year, or maybe even the year before, though.
I like the eggplant color idea, but NO gold accents...bleh!

I just don't get the fascination with having black jersey's. I mean really, is it just that we associate black with being bad a## or what? To me it show's a complete lack of imagination that we can't come up with a bad a## jersey based on oh the 14 billion other colors out there to choose from...

Just my 2cents...

Go KINGS!!!
It's not the lack of imagination, but the fact that it looks extremely sharp. Ok, not a fact, but a majority opinion.

Only Miami, Portland, San Antonio have black jerseys with Toronto & Chicago having alternate blacks

At least have them as alternates.