OFFICIAL Draft Day UPDATES thread

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's here! It's here! It's here! It's NBA DRAFT DAY!

Oh okay, it's not THAT exciting but it seems like forever since we've had something to talk about that might actually pertain to our Kings.

I'm starting this thread so we'll have one place to check for any and all possible trade scenarios unfolding up to this afternoon's draft.

Once the draft starts I'll make sure I post the latest draftee as soon as he's shown on ESPN.

Please, no rumors in this thread. Let's just keep it for the confirmed stuff.

. . .

125 days and counting until NBA 2005-2006 starts for real.

EDIT: Just like the play-by-play threads, let's keep this one for the basics and not have it so full of discussion that people can't find the actual draft/trade stuff.

Thanks!

Last edited:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Everybody gets 5 minutes on the clock. Allow for about 30 seconds between each and 23 x 5-1/2 minutes = 115+11.5=126 minutes or there about and #23 might not pop up until 6:36 PST or maybe as early as 6:25pm.

This draft will be great as nobody knows what anyone is doing beyond about 4 or 5.

I've been at the Palms in Las Vegas since sunday morning and not a peep here about anything. And Petrie and Adelmann and all the Maloofs were here Sat-Sun for their annual pre-draft meeting. Didn't see any of them and again no rumors or peeps, even from the bellmen! so home in time to see 2nd hour of the draft.

Blazers get No. 6, No. 27 and '06 first-rounder

By Andy Katz
ESPN.com

The Utah Jazz and Portland Trail Blazers traded picks Tuesday.

Portland traded the rights to the No. 3 pick to Utah for the rights to the No. 6 and No. 27 picks and the rights to a 2006 first-round pick that the Jazz got from the Detroit Pistons, a league source said.

All trades had to be in by 2 p.m. ET.

A source said the Jazz would look to draft a point guard at No. 3, deciding between Illinois junior Deron Williams and Wake Forest sophomore Chris Paul. The Blazers would then possibly draft one of two high school players -- Gerald Green or Martell Webster -- at No. 6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/news/story?id=2096328