OFFICIAL 2007 Draft selection/discussion thread

Wow, the what the **** are the Warriors doing! There is a reason Brandon Wright fell to #8, J. Rich is worth more than that! :eek:
They traded him straight up for a draft pick. That means tons of cap relief and a big time prospect who's perfect for their system.

They're loaded at the wings and can deal with the loss of J-Rich.

They traded him straight up for a draft pick. That means tons of cap relief and a big time prospect who's perfect for their system.

They're loaded at the wings and can deal with the loss of J-Rich.
Not with a talent like Jason Richardson. I watch every Warriors game and this really disappoints me. You can't remove a talent like J. Rich and be improved unless Wright somehow develops over the summer. He is a years away guy when the Warriors need to step it up now. They might just be adding firepower for a KG trade but I would've thought J. Rich would be the main piece in a trade like that.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This doesn't take away from the fact the guy is a project.

They also drafted Belinelli, who I think has a chance to be very good as a fill in. Not sure if Wright is ready or not. do know that in Nellie's wacky system he's got a better chance of making an immediate impact than he would in a precise slow it down system where theye sweated the details. I'm sure they would ratehr have had Yi, and tried to get him. But when your chilles is no inside presence at all, and you trade for a kid with all the upside in the world down on the inside, you've done well.

Bricklayer

Not with a talent like Jason Richardson. I watch every Warriors game and this really disappoints me. You can't remove a talent like J. Rich and be improved unless Wright somehow develops over the summer. He is a years away guy when the Warriors need to step it up now. They might just be adding firepower for a KG trade but I would've thought J. Rich would be the main piece in a trade like that.

Again, note the Bellineeli draft. I really liked that kid's mix vids, and Nellie has always had a magic eye for small man talent ion the draft. May be able to step in and fill up far more of the gap than you might think.

This doesn't take away from the fact the guy is a project.

Wow. Good move by the Warriors. Even if he is a project, it gives GS an uber athlete to run n gun with Nellie's system.

Plus all they lose is an aging JR that just had knee surgery and is making too much money for his position. SG's are a dime a dozen. Legit PF's with potential are not.

Add the fact that they have Bellini and Barnes and I think it was a steal.

BTW, JR is not really a Nellie guy anyway. Wright will be the next Chris Bosh.

Wow. Good move by the Warriors. Even if he is a project, it gives GS an uber athlete to run n gun with Nellie's system.

Plus all they lose is an aging JR that just had knee surgery and is making too much money for his position. SG's are a dime a dozen. Legit PF's with potential are not.

Maybe, but he has to learn to do every basic skill in regards to playing basketball first.

There are many PF's in the league that have Potential; Darko, Charile V, Frye, Digou, Aldrigde, even freaking swift and the list goes on and on. Just becasue he has potential doesn't mean he will forfill them. I agree with brick, Wright's play does fit in more with GS but I don't know how long he could last just relay on his jumping abililty it's not he is Dwight Howard or Amare. I don't think he could get far with little to no basketball skills

Bricklayer

I don't think he could get far with little to no basketball skills

That's gotten silly quick. Seen him play. Kids got skills without a doubt. Not ready yet. But he's a fundamanetally sound player. Bigger issues with drive/strength/ferocity than with skills.

That's gotten silly quick. Seen him play. Kids got skills without a doubt. Not ready yet. But he's a fundamanetally sound player. Bigger issues with drive/strength/ferocity than with skills.
Maybe i went to far but the Guy is still a project, lol. He needs to improve in many areas espeacially his shooting and ball handling.

S

sactownfan

Wow This Is Just Too Funny ! ! ! Im Bustin Up Reading All These Posts... I Cant Wait For Thurs ! ! ! Lol !

"god Bless George Bush" Bumper Sticker... Even Better...
looks Like Brad Got A Huntin Budy...
miller / Rahim / Thomas / Hawes !!!!!
I Love That!!!!
oh For The Love Of God.

lol Hahhaha...this Is So Pathetic Its Becoming Funny. What Did We Ever Do To Deserve This?:confused:
great, Espn's Notes Say "must Improve: Rebounding". Fits Right In To Our Current Team. Is Petrie Trying To Construct A Team Consisting Of 6'7" Tweeners And Slow White Dudes? Because That Don't Win Championships. Highly Disappointed That We Haven't Seen Any Trades Go Down Yet Either, Though Maybe That Is Asking Too Much. :mad::mad::mad:
petrie Is No Longer A Genius I See.
if I Line Up My Monkey Paws, Chicken Feet And Squirrel Tails, Just Maybe
We Will Get A Trade.....here Goes Nothing

!^@^!%@^!@%^!%@!^@%