"Offical Isaiah Thomas 6th man of the Year Thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KingMilz

11 games into the season and I think this thread is well overdue the "IT factor" has been a beast thus far and deserves his own thread similar to the Boogie for All-Star....Also feel free to post anything Isaiah in this thread. I felt like I had to do this since I hated on him last year and now I am a believer in the power of IT.

vs. Denver 16 (5/9) 3/4 Free throws 5 assists
vs. Clippers 29 (9/13) 8/10 Free throws 4 assists
vs. Atlanta 26 points 8/17 FG 9/9 free throw and 5 assists
vs. BK 18 points 6boards 6 assists
vs Pistons 18 points (6/11) 2 boards 7 assists
vs Suns 19 points 6/12 and 6/6 from free throw in 24mins and hit clutch free throws and shut down Dragic in the 4th
vs. @Suns 23 points 8/13 6/7 from free throw 3 boards 4 assists
vs.@Clippers 22 and 5 assists
vs OKC. 24 (most in the 4th) and 3assists
vs. LAL 14 and 9 assists
vs. Utah 26 and 8 assists

Will keep updating.....as long as the "IT Factor" is not forced to start

Last edited by a moderator:
Heart of the team on the floor, in the locker room and in the community. There is no one coming off the bench that has more impact on the game as of 12 games in, that is for sure, although it will hurt him playing for a bad team

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Probably a bit premature on the thread by about 3 months. :p

But there is no reason it couldn't happen, besides team record. 6MOY's are like the other awards, they typically come from at least borderline playoff teams so the dear voters can assure themselves that the player in question was actually helping their team rather than stat stuffing.

Its an end of the season award though, so a lot can happen between now and 3 months from now. I expect IT's numbers to stay viable for the award, but they might tail a bit. Or he might end up starting. Or maybe traded, although I doubt that one. We could make a trade and start winning enough to make all these awards within reach of our guys. We could suffer injuries or just bottom out and make them all impossible. rebump your thread around game 50 or so and we'll know more. :p

K

KingMilz

Probably a bit premature on the thread by about 3 months. :p

But there is no reason it couldn't happen, besides team record. 6MOY's are like the other awards, they typically come from at least borderline playoff teams so the dear voters can assure themselves that the player in question was actually helping their team rather than stat stuffing.
Yeah bit early but still nice to have imo dude has deserved it with his opening to the season, but I think what IT has going in his favour even if the team is not winning that much is, he is pretty much universally loved by everyone outside the Kings fans base cause of
a). His size
b). His energy and scoring and exciting style plus he is good

So I think based on that it gives him a great chance regardless of W/L's plus 11 games in atm his only comp would be Jeremy Lin so far but yeah a lot can happened but.

A number of us have been saying it since he was drafted but IT could be a great 6th man. He is playing that role well so far this season BUT as Brick pointed out, bad team record will cost him in the end

IT has been playing great as of late. I thought he started the season chucking a bit too much but in our more recent games he's done a very very good job of improving his shot selection and getting others involved. Andremiller is right that IT is generally well liked and is earning himself quite a reputation as a scorer.

During the Clippers game on Nov 23, we learned that IT has a PERS in the top 10 in the league. So does Cousins. IT has the distinction of being the number one player in the NBA when it comes to fourth quarter scoring at 12.4 points. Higher than James, higher than anyone.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He just has to keep on doing what he's doing and stay healthy. It would help also if some of the guys like PPat and Salmons et al could regain their shooting touch. Better play from others is going to help him out.

K

KingMilz

Deserves a bump after the last 3

After two quiet games the "IT Factor" back in vintage form

vs. LAL 14 and 9 assists

Deserves a bump after the last 3

After two quiet games the "IT Factor" back in vintage form

vs. LAL 14 and 9 assists
I think MIP is more reasonable. 6th man winners tend to come from much better teams says a quick review of past winners. Contending teams.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That is, factually true, but slightly misleading: there's not much precedence for a 6MOY candidate leading in scoring by as much as Thomas is*, and not being awarded 6MOY. Now, if we continue to hover around 14th place in the west, he probably won't get it, but someone leading non-starters in scoring by more than two points over the second-leading guy has, basically, never been done.

* provided that Anderson is not eligible.

K

KingMilz

That is, factually true, but slightly misleading: there's not much precedence for a 6MOY candidate leading in scoring by as much as Thomas is*, and not being awarded 6MOY. Now, if we continue to hover around 14th place in the west, he probably won't get it, but someone leading non-starters in scoring by more than two points over the second-leading guy has, basically, never been done.

* provided that Anderson is not eligible.
14th place in the West is like a playoff spot in the East so imo based on how poor the East is and how few wins you need to get into the playoffs will help IT's cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.