[OBIT] Jack Palance dead at 87

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer

Oscar winner Jack Palance dead at 87

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Oscar-winning actor Jack Palance, who starred as a hired gun in the classic western "Shane," has died, a family spokesman said Friday. The 87-year-old died at his home in Montecito, California.
Palance won an Academy Award for a tough cowboy in the 1991 comedy "City Slickers" and famously performed one-armed push-ups on stage when accepting his award.
The craggy-faced star appeared as a menace in such films as "Shane," "Sudden Fear."

RIP Jack... Heven just got one heck of a cowboy!

Bummer! Most people would remember him in those famous roles, but I also remember him for his haunting whispery voice when he hosted the old Ripley's Believe it or Not series. I loved that show.

RIP

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I'm with you, D-Mass. He had the perfect haunting voice to host that show. Very cool show.

RIP, Mr. Palance! :(

He lived a full life and yes RBION was one of the classic shows that I watched as I was growing up.

Not only his voice but the way he turned to the camera as he was looking right at you. Awesome actor in the westerns also.

I echo the RIP

Woah. Don't mean to be cold, but I thought he died shortly after the City Slickers movies.

RIP, Jack. I used to like his Ripley's shows when I was a kid.

R.I.P., Jack.

I guess he'll do his one-armed pushups in Heaven, while the recently deceased Johnny Sain (baseball pitcher) and Ed Bradley (TV reporter for CBS News and the "60 Minutes" show) get cooking tips from Marie
Rudisill (aka "The Fruitcake Lady").

Am I the only one who noticing that more and more famous people are dropping like flies in rapid fashion recently?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm glad he got a chance to entertain a whole new generation of fans with the City Slicker movies.

RIP Mr. Palance.