Number 1 Reason why Artest Needs to Go

P

PoundForPound

Mike Bibby will leave if Ron Artest is not traded in the offseason, in my opinion. Ron just doesn't fit in, great defensive player, at times tries to do too much, but just doesn't fit in. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you can't play the way your team needs you to play, you're going to lose.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
They should both leave; unless we have an elite big man, Bibby is ostensibly worthless, anyway.

Or, if not worthless, at least substantially depreciated...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Let Mike leave too. It is time for a very hearty breath of fresh air, and much as I want to recover value for Mike, if Ron staying were actually going to inspire Mike to pick up and go, best thing for the franchise might be keeping Ron long enough to make that happen, then moving him too.

I'm not trying to knock Bibby, but I think his no.1 concern is financial. He's not going to bail on his contract after a down year I don't think.

It's time for Bibby, Artest, SAR, and Thomas to find greener pastures so we can find ours.
Thomas isn't going to find a greener pasture than his current one here in his remaining career, that's for sure. As much as it saddens me, Bibby probably isn't either anymore. SAR might, but not the way he's been playing. Artest, on the other hand? Absolutely. I can only pray to Azathoth that it happens somewhere else.

Of this four, I'll be the saddest to see Mike go, a true King. Unfortunately, there might be no other way to get this team back to the elite where it belongs. For three others - well, tough things happen, and they weren't here during the golden times anyway so it's not that difficult.

Oh, and you missed Miller.

piksi said:
unfortunately, Fir him it is as green as it will ever get
Great minds think alike :D

Last edited:
number one reason that poundforpound should leave:
were trying to build a new team that can win a championship with defense, hustle, and heart, and ron artest and ronnie price are the only glimmers of hope that this team has. if you want to keep bibby, sorry but youre just going to get more of the same jump shots, lack of defense, and whinning with his hands on his hips instead of going after a loose ball

why would you want to keep bibby? seriously? what does he bring to this team? yes he could bring things to peja, vlade, and chris... but what team would you build around mike to make him productive like those days? i hope the maloofs would be willing to dump millions of dollars into a team like that again just to make bibby the 2nd or 3rd option. that team is gone. bibby and brad are the last two dragging us down into the cellar and that cant get thier heads in this new system and play. so bye bye to both of them.

great young/scrappy core for a new team that just needs a superstar to be a great defensive team:
artest
martin
salmons
thomas
price

corliss

great trade bait for that superstar for a team that wants to start over (maybe the twolves):
bibby
miller
abdur-rahim
garcia

we've been rebuilding this team for two years. you cant just as they say "blow it up" and start over again, there'd be nobody on our roster. we have been making a shift to defense just as the mavs did, and they gave up nash. stop being sentimental to old players

Last edited:
Thomas isn't going to find a greener pasture than his current one here in his remaining career, that's for sure. As much as it saddens me, Bibby probably isn't either anymore. SAR might, but not the way he's been playing. Artest, on the other hand? Absolutely. I can only pray to Azathoth that it happens somewhere else.

Of this four, I'll be the saddest to see Mike go, a true King. Unfortunately, there might be no other way to get this team back to the elite where it belongs. For three others - well, tough things happen, and they weren't here during the golden times anyway so it's not that difficult.

Oh, and you missed Miller.

Great minds think alike :D

I knew I forgot something......

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Everyone needs to go except for Martin, Cisco, Douby and maybe Williams, if he can make a free throw. I'd keep Corliss too. Just for the character factor alone I'd pay him an extra $1 million/yr to stay with the Kings.

corliss is a great mentor, id love to keep him as the veteran holdover. he brings it every night, and at his age he still stays in game ready shape. just a professional all around.

number one reason that poundforpound should leave:
were trying to build a new team that can win a championship with defense, hustle, and heart, and ron artest and ronnie price are the only glimmers of hope that this team has. if you want to keep bibby, sorry but youre just going to get more of the same jump shots, lack of defense, and whinning with his hands on his hips instead of going after a loose ball
Im glad to see Im not the only one that thinks Artest is worth keeping. He plays hard every night. Martin, Artest, Price, Salmons are the only players I would want to see back next season. And this coming from a huge Bibby fan. It would be better both for the Kings and Mike himself to go seperate ways.

Why would anyone want a player on their team that: does not listen to the coach, checks himself in and out of the games, rarely passes the ball, is not a "team" player, indicates on national t.v. that he feels some of his teammates are not giving 100%, when given the ball in the last few seconds of a game will not give it up and dribbles the ball until he loses it, plays out of control, dribbles it off his own leg out of bounds, etc.

No one with a brain would say he isn't basketball talented, but with all of his issues (on and off the court) and a few that I mentioned above, why would you want him to stay. The team plays better without him and even with him, we are not winning like we should. Annie.

Im glad to see Im not the only one that thinks Artest is worth keeping. He plays hard every night. Martin, Artest, Price, Salmons are the only players I would want to see back next season. And this coming from a huge Bibby fan. It would be better both for the Kings and Mike himself to go seperate ways.
keeping artest would go against the whole basic idea of rebuilding and starting over.

Mike Bibby will leave if Ron Artest is not traded in the offseason, in my opinion. Ron just doesn't fit in, great defensive player, at times tries to do too much, but just doesn't fit in. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you can't play the way your team needs you to play, you're going to lose.
yeah hes just going to leave $28 million on the table to go sign and not make even half that

yeah hes just going to leave $28 million on the table to go sign and not make even half that
First, I don't think Bibby will opt out and he just said again that he won't.

However, the reason a player might opt out in this situation is to get a guaranteed, 5-year contract. Let's pretend he could get $45 million for 5 years. He'd be earning less the next 2 years, but would still have that $28 mil, plus another $17 mil guaranteed. He's not getting any younger, could get injured and he could end up with much less than $45 mil over that 5 years, if he waits.

I think Bibby is expecting to have a better, hopefully injury-free year next year to boost his value, tho.

indicates on national t.v. that he feels some of his teammates are not giving 100%.
Is that not the truth??? It's clear that the only person on this team that gives 100% all the team is usually Ron. Kevin's D has been horrendous as of late so I'm not sure you could consider him.

Ron is pretty much the only guy that plays hard on both ends of the court, but, with that said, I'm pretty sure he will be traded in the offseason and since next year will be a contract year for him he will play great for the team he is on. We will then have everyone on this board bitching and moaning about why we gave him up :rolleyes: .

I find it almost unbelievable that anyone wants Artest on the team after what's gone on with him this year. Does anyone honestly think that Artest's behavior won't continue to spiral downward?

Of course, I was completely dumbfounded when he got a standing ovation less than a week after (being accused of) hitting his wife.

wow, it really doesnt take much to start bibby trade talk in this forum any more does it? I agree that Artest really doesnt fit in on this team, its obvious he tries to get others involved, but theres just too much of him trying to be the hero. I hate it because you can always tell when hes gonna try to make a play in his own, its usually when everyone is open or something..

agreed that this should be in personel thread. artest is not T.O. the bibby or artest thing is because we're in the middle of being all offense kings and defensive kings. if we keep bibby, i think we're regressing into what we're trying to stay away from. its like playing tug of war. either lets get everybody on one side working together or the dang rope is going to snap.

Last edited:
why would you want to keep bibby? seriously? what does he bring to this team? yes he could bring things to peja, vlade, and chris... but what team would you build around mike to make him productive like those days? i hope the maloofs would be willing to dump millions of dollars into a team like that again just to make bibby the 2nd or 3rd option. that team is gone. bibby and brad are the last two dragging us down into the cellar and that cant get thier heads in this new system and play. so bye bye to both of them.

great young/scrappy core for a new team that just needs a superstar to be a great defensive team:
artest
martin
salmons
thomas
price

corliss

great trade bait for that superstar for a team that wants to start over (maybe the twolves):
bibby
miller
abdur-rahim
garcia

we've been rebuilding this team for two years. you cant just as they say "blow it up" and start over again, there'd be nobody on our roster. we have been making a shift to defense just as the mavs did, and they gave up nash. stop being sentimental to old players
The dream of getting KG has long past in my opinion. There is no why in hell i could see minn trading KG for 3 over the hill players in bibby, miller and shareef and a young player who has little to no chance of even becoming a starter in this leauge. Heck you would have to add Martin, Artest and shareef or brad to even get a shoot at the man.

And what would trading for KG help the kings achieve? The man is 30, if i am correct and only has about 4 years of top level player in him. You would have to trade Martin, Artest and some other players to get him. By doing this you would leave him with bibby and garage, would this even make us a contender in the west against the mavs, SA, suns, Jazz, Rockets, denver, or even the the damm lakers. Heck what defence would that be from his current team, the wolves. By trading for KG you hurt the future with the good possiblitily of not even getting better.

KG would do great in a situation with a superstar guard such as Paul Pierce, Allen Iverson, or even Vince Carter, where KG could get his rebounds, blks, and his 19 - 20 points but will leave most of the scoring to his wing man. If KG really wants to win a championship he would not go the kings, he would either go to the Cavs or and I hate to say it the Lakers because they got those types of players on the wings in Lebron and Kobe.

And the team has not rebuilt yet, they have only tried to put bondages on something that needed to be broken apart. They basically tried to make a copy cat vision of the past team, by trying to skip the rebuilding part which is basically impossible in todays NBA.

Last edited: