Nuggets vs. Spurs - game 4

Nuggets offense just completely falling apart. Melo gets rejected by Manu, then loses the ball out of bounds. Spurs ball, up 6, less than 2 minutes to go in OT.

This game is pretty much over with that Parker three. Nuggets put forth a valiant effort. Game they should have won was Game 3 (when Duncan played like crap), but they just couldn't put it together.

4cwebb said:
This game is pretty much over with that Parker three. Nuggets put forth a valiant effort. Game they should have won was Game 3 (when Duncan played like crap), but they just couldn't put it together.

I guess I am typing in invisible ink.. the replay showed Boykins shot was a 3 which they originally counted as such and then one of the officials had it changed to a two. The Nuggets won this game in regulation, but it was taken away from them thanks to another bad call by an NBA official. This is happening way too often for my tastes.

ImaKingsFan said:
I guess I am typing in invisible ink.. the replay showed Boykins shot was a 3 which they originally counted as such and then one of the officials had it changed to a two. The Nuggets won this game in regulation, but it was taken away from them thanks to another bad call by an NBA official. This is happening way too often for my tastes.
I wasn't ignoring your posts...I just don't have the benefit of a television replay, so I can't see whether or not Boykins got jobbed.

4cwebb said:
I wasn't ignoring your posts...I just don't have the benefit of a television replay, so I can't see whether or not Boykins got jobbed.
They showed a reply of the shot and it clearly was a 3 pointer. One of the commentators even said it was.

i saw it, boykins got jobbed. doesn't matter, officials miss 50 or so calls a game. to decide the game result was incorrect based on one call is rediculous because you just don't know how it would have come out had all the calls been right.

if you pick and choose which bad calls to correct, you can set the result any way you like.

The Spurs will win it all this year. They have the total package. The Spurs have great defense, great coaching, depth, a great superstar, and another emerging star in Ginobli.

Team Dime said:
The Spurs will win it all this year. They have the total package. The Spurs have great defense, great coaching, depth, a great superstar, and another emerging star in Ginobli.
No. They put me to freaking SLEEP. I want them gone ASAP.

KingCookie said:
No. They put me to freaking SLEEP. I want them gone ASAP.
Defense wins championships.

I don't like the Spurs, but I've come to respect the way they play. Good hard nosed basketball. They also have the best trio of stars who don't have big, conflicting egos (Duncan, Manu, Parker).

Yes, but you can play defense, win a championship, and at least be entertaining. See Detroit. San Antonio, and everything about them, bores me. I'm a big fan of defense, trust me. But Tim Duncan is about as exciting as a sack of rocks. Lest we forget that sports are entertainment first and foremost.

I really don't know why Spurs fans get so offended when people say that they think Tim Duncan is boring....he IS BORING...I still like him but the guy is boring as hell....the NBA and the game of basketball to fans is a form of entertainment so YES people would like to be entertained in all aspects...people like celebrations...people like Shaq's shannagins, Mike Bibby's dance the little things...Suns fans like QRich's horn bop or whatever the hell its called...people like when the Rox make a three the whole team holds down a three fingers...its fun its entertaining...its like atmosphereics or something....Tim Duncan does not have to do all the things that you've said striker...but a fist pump a smile something like that goes a long way...has anyone ever noticed Tim shows more emotion sitting on the sidelines cuz he's out with an injury than he does on the court playing...Tim you just hit the game winner CRACK A SMILE...geez louise...

I'm looking forward to the Spurs closing that series out at home and facing Seattle...I have no beef with Seattle but after a series where they just beat the Kings pretty handedly it would be nice to see them whiny and vulnerable...I'm sure Ray Allen is REALLY looking forward to playing against who he believes to be the dirtiest player in all the league--Bruce Kung-fu Bowen...Bruce on the other hand is licking his chops :)

iheartBrad said:
I really don't know why Spurs fans get so offended when people say that they think Tim Duncan is boring....he IS BORING...I still like him but the guy is boring as hell....the NBA and the game of basketball to fans is a form of entertainment so YES people would like to be entertained in all aspects...people like celebrations...people like Shaq's shannagins, Mike Bibby's dance the little things...Suns fans like QRich's horn bop or whatever the hell its called...people like when the Rox make a three the whole team holds down a three fingers...its fun its entertaining...its like atmosphereics or something....Tim Duncan does not have to do all the things that you've said striker...but a fist pump a smile something like that goes a long way...has anyone ever noticed Tim shows more emotion sitting on the sidelines cuz he's out with an injury than he does on the court playing...Tim you just hit the game winner CRACK A SMILE...geez louise...

I'm looking forward to the Spurs closing that series out at home and facing Seattle...I have no beef with Seattle but after a series where they just beat the Kings pretty handedly it would be nice to see them whiny and vulnerable...I'm sure Ray Allen is REALLY looking forward to playing against who he believes to be the dirtiest player in all the league--Bruce Kung-fu Bowen...Bruce on the other hand is licking his chops :)
I think Seattle is going to have problems with SA. There "bigs" will be neutralized and they won't be facing a soft interior defense like the Kings gave them. I say Spurs in 5.

iheartBrad said:

i can see why somebody would say duncan is boring. i think they are wrong. i think he's more exciting than brad miller. what does peja do that is so exciting? what does ray allen do?

tim isn't exactly the whole team. there's parker, manu, devin brown, brent barry, bowen-kung-fuey, mike wilks, sean slamma-jamma marks, and tony massenbrick. i think nazr, beno, and rasho are a little bland.

as for ray complaining, wait till big dog gets a chance to knock him on the floor (he promised so much last year).

^THANK YOU IHB!!!

It's not that I don't think Duncan is thuggish enough or anything like that at all. I just would enjoy it if he would not act like a robot all the time. I don't like his game, I don't like his style, and I don't like his personality- it's all so...so blah. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just my opinion. Watching the Spurs play basketball is very low on my list of things to do as a result, so I root against them every step of the way.

KingCookie said:
Yes, but you can play defense, win a championship, and at least be entertaining. See Detroit. San Antonio, and everything about them, bores me. I'm a big fan of defense, trust me. But Tim Duncan is about as exciting as a sack of rocks. Lest we forget that sports are entertainment first and foremost.
How is Detroit exciting? Their offense is worse than the Spurs!

Oh wait, I guess when your fans throw things onto the court starting fights, it is kind of exciting.

F

Fillmoe

striker said:
If Duncan pounded his chest, trash talked, snarled would you be more entertained KingCooke? Would that make you happy?
fight some fans that would make him real exciting!