Now here's an idea: Amare?

Now that things have moved to full-on crazy in the NBA world, reports are emerging that the Knicks are nearing a deal w/ Chandler and might be willing to trade Amare for Paul. Now, the Knicks would somehow have to free up space by moving/amnestying both Billups and Turiaf, which might be a tall order. Further, does Amare fit with a now-rebuilding Hornets? Enter the Kings.

I'd offer: Hickson, Thompson, picks and Thornton (who they seem to want back, signed and traded in a separate deal for a future 2nd) to the Hornets as a price for taking on Billups' deal (and Amare, of course).

continue with the Hayes signing, sign another vet big man for cheap (Troy Murphy?) and...

Cousins/Whiteside
Amare/Hayes/Murphy or other FA vet
Salmons/Donte/Honeycutt
Evans/Garcia
Billups/Jimmer/Thomas

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
By my count we'd need 17 balls to keep all those starters happy with shots, two scoreboards just to catch the overflow of points the opposition would score against our starters, and a crashcart for Old Man Billups once he keels over. ;)

I like Billups but if he was the PG where does that leave Evans? SG? Also, as much as I like Amare, I think his contract is pretty steep. He'll be making over 20 million a year in 2013 and 2014. Of course it would be worth it if he made The Kings contenders but I'm not sure he THAT good.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Adrian Wojnarowski: Agent Miller on Billups: "He has no intention of being open-minded about any possible situation where a team would claim him off waivers.." Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski: Just spoke to Andy Miller, agent for Chauncey Billups, who describes his client as "irate" over possibility of Knicks using amnesty on him. Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski: More agent Andy Miller on Knicks exposing Billups to amnesty waiver wire: "....unless it's a team he chooses himself. Buyer beware." Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski: Agent Miller on Billups: "He has no intention of being open-minded about any possible situation where a team would claim him off waivers.." Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski: Just spoke to Andy Miller, agent for Chauncey Billups, who describes his client as "irate" over possibility of Knicks using amnesty on him. Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski: More agent Andy Miller on Knicks exposing Billups to amnesty waiver wire: "....unless it's a team he chooses himself. Buyer beware." Twitter
This is where it would be nice for C-Webb to step in and talk to him !

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

that last one pisses me off. I'd be a dangerous billionaire, becuase I WOULD blow a couple of million just to pluck your whiny *** onto my roster, and then proceed to sit on you until you quit bitching. Be worth it to me.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
that last one pisses me off. I'd be a dangerous billionaire, becuase I WOULD blow a couple of million just to pluck your whiny *** onto my roster, and then proceed to sit on you until you quit bitching. Be worth it to me.
Too bad our owners are in debt millionaires. Agree with the sentiment though.

Yeah, the idea w/ the Amare deal would be that Amare would convince Billups play along. Don't think I'd touch Billups otherwise, given these sentiments.

That's too bad. Always found Billups to be the consummate professional.