NFL in Sacramento?:

This is kinda out of left field but I was wondering if sacramento will ever have a NFL team. I know this is not a possibility at the moment considering we are having a hard enough time keeping the only pro sport team we have now. I was just thinking that maybe in the future if we could get the arena done for the kings and its a success and really helps sac, that maybe the mayor being a sports guy would push for other sports too. I mean I think it would be great for sacramento, but the question would be would there be enough of a fan base considering the 49ers are not that far away and if a baseball team were to come the giants fans. I don't know just kinda wishful thinking I guess. Its just there is so much potential in sac sometimes I wish they could use some of it lol.......:rolleyes:

NFL? probably not.. I would think that Sac would be able to sell out every game if we did have a team, but I see the MLB coming to Sac or perhaps the NHL before the NFL. With the success of the Rivercats I wouldn't mind trying to lure the Oakland A's or maybe put in a bid for an expansion team.

But I am getting ahead of myself.. This probably won't happen until minimum 2020.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
NFL? probably not.. I would think that Sac would be able to sell out every game if we did have a team, but I see the MLB coming to Sac or perhaps the NHL before the NFL. With the success of the Rivercats I wouldn't mind trying to lure the Oakland A's or maybe put in a bid for an expansion team.

But I am getting ahead of myself.. This probably won't happen until minimum 2020.
I'm a huge proponent of the A's coming to sacramento. Or west sacramento if you will. If my memory serves they built Raley field with the idea of being able to expand it to around 30 or 35 thousand seats. Which is the perfect amount for a baseball field. Sacramento has always been a baseball town and I think the A's would be a big sucess here. They already have a connection with their triple A team here. I'm puzzled as to why the A's ownership doesn't look in this direction.

Build a new arena in the railroad yards with the light rail and then lure the A's and expand Raley field. Build pedestrian bridges across the sacramento river. The entire downtown area would become a place where people would want to go in both the summer and the winter. Of course it make too much sense. So it won't happen.

I think if the kings left we could support the A's but i cant see sac being a muiltable team city, unless the econ has a miracle happen that is