New Poll: who do you NOT want the Kings to draft at #4

Who do you NOT want to see in a Kings uniform next season. You can choose more than 1

• Rubio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Thabeet

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Evans

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Flynn

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Harden

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Jennings

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Curry

Votes: 25 37.9%

• Total voters
Ok, so this is a little strange, but since I can't wait for the draft and I am all giddy about it....let's get opinions here on who you do NOT absolutely want the Kings to draft at #4.

Jordan Hill. Everyone else has their flaws but I would not be devastated. Depends, of course, on who is available when we pick, and who we pass on.

Kings might be able to get Jennings at #31 as he's falling like a rock in latest mock drafts and assorted evaluations I've seen. I probably would not go for him even there since handful of other decent PG's like Mills, etc. will still be around for the taking (fingers crossed for Maynor at #23 - although most mocks have him #15-20). Assuming (and it's a big assumption) that Evans is the pick a "true" PG somewhere in this draft is probably still a Kings priority. Flynn seems bit of a stretch at #4 but he's definitely a true PG/leader. I like Hill way more than Thabeet.

S

sactownfan

Thabeet is just screaming BUST!!! the fact that hes the only sorta talented big in the draft makes me happy that we have JT and Hawes already...

also CAN ANYONE FIND THAT gif file that has the Kings draft card being pulled out for the #4th pick and then webbers reaction??? im trying to find it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Thabeet is just screaming BUST!!! the fact that hes the only sorta talented big in the draft makes me happy that we have JT and Hawes already...

also CAN ANYONE FIND THAT gif file that has the Kings draft card being pulled out for the #4th pick and then webbers reaction??? im trying to find it.

Its almost impossibole for a 7'3" shotblocker to truly bust. To be a roleplayer? Possible. To bust out? In a league where Melvin Ely and Nazr Mohammed still have jobs? Highly unlikely.

This poll is difficult for the same reason the who do you want polls are difficult this year. I would almost absolutely guarantee that there are some flops waiting to happen on that list. But nobody, myself included, can agree on who they are.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Its almost impossibole for a 7'3" shotblocker to truly bust. To be a roleplayer? Possible. To bust out? In a league where Melvin Ely and Nazr Mohammed still have jobs? Highly unlikely.

This poll is difficult for the same reason the who do you want polls are difficult this year. I would almost absolutely guarantee that there are some flops waiting to happen on that list. But nobody, myself included, can agree on who they are.
Well, wouldn't you define a player taken at #4 who becomes a "role player" a bust? I would.

Out of this list the choice is easily Brandon Jennings for me. I see zero likelihood of him being the pick at #4 though so I'm not worried about it.

Yep, Shelden Williams was taken #5 overall by Atlanta and was quickly relegated to "role player" there as well as in Sacramento and Minnesota. With T-Wolves having so many high draft picks (like 4 first rounders?) it's assured the former Dukie will soon be looking for work from some other bench.

Tyreke Evans. My reasoning: selfish, sloppy, poor outside shot, not as athletic as some say, character issues, can't be productive without the ball in his hands...

This is a guy who's upside is Larry Hughes and at one time, Jamal Crawford. His A/TO ratio is nearly 1, so he's not a good passer or a PG by any stretch. He's great at getting to the rim in isolation situations - but that worked really well for team chemistry when Ron and Salmons were here, right?

I'm just not high on this guy at all, wouldn't even take him with the 8th pick.

Tyreke Evans. My reasoning: selfish, sloppy, poor outside shot, not as athletic as some say, character issues, can't be productive without the ball in his hands...

This is a guy who's upside is Larry Hughes and at one time, Jamal Crawford. His A/TO ratio is nearly 1, so he's not a good passer or a PG by any stretch. He's great at getting to the rim in isolation situations - but that worked really well for team chemistry when Ron and Salmons were here, right?

Skills are similar to Hughes, but Evans plays a more aggressive game and he's much stronger. He's a good passer, whether he can develop into a PG is anyone's guess really, it all depends on the direction of his development. Most likely he's Wade type SG, or a Francis type PG, not saying as good but the same type. My biggest concern with him is his shot and whether it will ever become consistent with those mechanics. Also, his decision making and shot selection need to improve to justify his need for the ball. He's a risk and I'm not that big on him, but there aren't great options at our pick, he has the best blend of readiness and upside outside of Rubio.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Its hard to say that a player is selfish when only judging him on one year of college. Neither you nor I nor anyone on the fourm knows what he was asked to do at Memphis. I have pointed out again and again that sometimes players are victim to the system they played in.

As Jerry Reynolds so aptly pointed out on the rise guys yesterday, both Jerry West and Oscar Robertson were SF's in college, and both switched to Point guard in the pro's. They both seemed to adjust pretty well. Yeah, I know, you could say that I talking about two of the all time greats. Well, they weren't at the time. They were both very good players coming out of college.

As far as Evans is concerned. I'm tired of people using the one size fits all comparison. Because he's the same height and length and has a similarly described game at this time as John Salmons, doesn't mean he's the next coming of John Salmons. Coming out of college he's a much better passer than Salmons. And If you don't think he can pass the ball then you haven't seen him play.

To say that he needs the ball in his hands to be effective is also a ridiculous critizism. So does Rubio, Nash, Kidd, etc. Who has the ball in his hands most of the time in Cleveland? Especially when the game is on the line. LeBron! Right? Its what they do with the ball that matters. Salmons has never had a proclivity to pass the ball. He also had a tendacy to overdribble while trying to make up his mind what to do with it.

Evans has a lot of talent. Whether that can molded into the type of player the Kings need, I can't answer. I can only guess. But I've stated before that I think he's one of the players in this draft that could be a star. A difference maker. If I'm wrong, I'm willing to eat crow. Yummie yummie ;)

Evans

which means they probably will draft him

you'll have two scorers for two years and people will think things are looking up, but in a couple years it will fall apart and one will be traded because there is no offensive system to run with them that succeeds beyond being a meaningless 8th seed

And around the time that that is happening, Rubio will be coming into his own and we'll have Kings PR faces answering questions with "well hindsight is 20/20 and we're pretty happy with Evans" which will translate into "hey we got a 20ppg scorer for a 30 win team!"

which translates into "hey I got a girlfriend, she's not hot or I don't really like her, but occasionally we go to Olive Garden and split the bill"