[Game] New Orleans Pelicans @ Kings, 1-7-24 3PM PST/6PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
These early games are always awful for all California teams. I would love to see the stat for the Kings, Clips, Lakers and warriors playing between noon and 3PM. I knew in my heart we'd start off pretty bad but this is worse than i expected SMH i still feel like we can win this or at least make it interesting, but we need our guards to be more aggressive. We're making this Pelican team look like the 04 Pistons and they are not that good defensively at all.

Well the chances of winning this is about 5 percent. They have to come out in the third and not get punked. I don’t even care about a win at this point, show some fight

Pelicans are hitting from everywhere. They got 30 points of the damn paint.
This is the 4th game in a row that this has happened against them. Too many open looks, along with good shooting equals a 25 point lead. Take away some of the open 3's and they have a better chance of weathering the storm and being within striking distance in the second half

These early games are always awful for all California teams. I would love to see the stat for the Kings, Clips, Lakers and warriors playing between noon and 3PM. I knew in my heart we'd start off pretty bad but this is worse than i expected SMH i still feel like we can win this or at least make it interesting, but we need our guards to be more aggressive. We're making this Pelican team look like the 04 Pistons and they are not that good defensively at all.
Yeah, that's probably part of the pure slaughter. The Kings have been about 20 ppg worse this season against the Pels if that was the graphic they showed prior to the game.

Yeah, that's probably part of the pure slaughter. The Kings have been about 20 ppg worse this season against the Pels if that was the graphic they showed prior to the game.
Yea, there's really no excuse for it. They aren't the best matchup for us, but they are not better than the Kings by that far of a margin, if at all. I really don't believe that, regardless of what we've seen this season.

We are not getting closer in the 2nd half. This will be a blowout.

Have to say already that If we get Pelicans in the play-offs. It will be a clean sweep. Okay, they destroyed us first time, those things happen. Twice? Just a coincidence. Well, now this happens for the third time and at our home arena..

29-9 rebounding

Outside of Domas(only 5, no offensive) the rest of the starters have combined for one rebound.

This has been a thorough beat down

And Fox is having another clunker vs New Orleans. Worst one yet….but nobody is really playing good, but that is the most concerning trend with this matchup outside of the Kings general lack of competitiveness in it.

Sabonis and Keegan definitely need more support up front, though. I don't really get into the trade talk all of the time, but they need and deserve more help, length and size down there. These guys are absolutely exhausted from doing it all, night in and night out, especially without Lyles and his hustle plays today. Whatever move we make, it can't just be for a scorer like Kuzma or Siakim, IMO. Would it help with some of these dry spells? Sure, but this squad needs guys that will do the dirty work and have the length to challenge shots + grab some boards. Guys like HB and Davion Mitchell, often have the rebound right in their hand or near it, but just can't secure it, often times because they do not have the length to do so and it's so frustrating to watch.

Without Zion, what's the excuse this time? This Kings team plays no defense lol

What's up with Fox? 4 straight games of bad play... maybe he can stat-pad a fake come back

Really? So Caruso is going to turn the Kings into a defensive juggernaut by himself? Davion is no slouch on defense just so you know. Picking up talent is a way to build a defensive core without sacrificing offense. Otherwise you do things like start KZ Okpala and realize there's a talent gap.
Weird strawman argument. Caruso is on a different planet as an NBA planet than KZ Okpala and Davion Mitchell. Davion would be outstanding to play consistent minutes, but he's unfortunately proving to be one of the worst offensive NBA players in the entire league. There's a happy medium there. So, Yes, Alex Caruso would make a massive difference on this defense because he's an elite defensive player. Where did I say he'd make us a defensive juggernaut? You don't get better on defense without playing good defensive players. The Kings just have very few good defensive players.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
29-9 rebounding

Outside of Domas(only 5, no offensive) the rest of the starters have combined for one rebound.

And Fox is having another clunker vs New Orleans. Worst one yet….but nobody is really playing good.
To be fair to our guys, it’s hard to rebound when the other team is making pretty much every single shot it takes.

29-9 rebounding

And Fox is having another clunker vs New Orleans. Worst one yet….but nobody is really playing good, but that is the most concerning trend with this matchup outside of the Kings general lack of competitiveness in it.
Not a lot of rebounds when they are shooting over 60%...lol

I would too...Timberwolves, Pelicans, and the Clips I am scared the most in playing....
And a fully healthy Suns has to be a question mark as well. If they ever get healthy of course lol. They are quietly maintaining a .500+ record with one of their stars almost always out and a bunch of role guys to fill in the gaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.