NEMANJA "SERBIAN DRAYMOND" BJELICA

While Bjelica has been a great signing, I am not sure he was a “find” for Vlade and Peja. Bjelica has been one of the most complete players in Europe for a while. In NBA term he is a “jack of all trades, master of none”! He was always going to be a pretty solid role player for an NBA team that would utilize all his skills and not limit him as a spot up stretch 4. Vlade knew that this team needed a stretch 4 that can also handle, create for others and is a pretty solid rebounder. His D has been a surprise though. Does help that he has WCS and/or Bagley back there to rotate and cover his back
Beli is just an extremely good fit with both WCS and Bagley. Really wish he was 27.

Nemanja "The Serbian Morpheus" Bjelica the guy has literally red pilled the entire team on winning and the way he moves is literally matrix like while being able to make split second choices where he seems he has like a eternity to make them. The way when he catches the ball and makes a split second delay than throws the dime is just something you are born with (seems like all the Serbs in the NBA currently other than Bobo have it).

Grant Napear is probably thanking the heavans for a player like Bjelica after all the low IQ crap he has had to watch, what makes it even more hilarious is Jim Peterson (wolves commentator) a few days ago basically implied on a broadcast that Grant was trolling him how much the Kings love him via text about getting Bjelica from the Wolves.

Can some of our Euro experts talk about if this version is closer to how he was playing/used when he won his Euroleague MVP? The shooting%'s aren't sustainable, but was he a "do it all" kind of guy for Fehnerbahce?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
WTG Vlade. Great move. There really isn’t much else that can be said.

OTOH, Can’t believe how stubborn and not smart Thibs is.
I've always felt that Thib's is somewhat overrated. He plays his starters a thousand minutes every game, and while he noted for being a terrific defensive coach, his team sucks defensively. He's really good at coaching veteran players that already know how to play the game. Not so good at teaching young talented players how to play the game. Just my very humble opinion..:p

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Was really telling that he airballed a 3 late in the game and then made 3 in a row after that. Dude is calm and smart. Have seen him get on Buddy for making mistakes on the floor, in a helpful way. Dude cares about the game and execution, and it shows. Glad Vlade snagged him
Don't remember who posted it, or where, might have been here, or on twitter, but after the fight between Rondo and Paul, someone posted the pictures of four NBA players you don't want to get into a scuffle with, and Bjeli was one of them. Obviously, he's also a tough hombre.. So far he's been a huge addition to the team. Very talented player, who also brings some veteran maturity to a very young team. When you can walk the walk, then they listen when you talk the talk.

Can some of our Euro experts talk about if this version is closer to how he was playing/used when he won his Euroleague MVP? The shooting%'s aren't sustainable, but was he a "do it all" kind of guy for Fehnerbahce?
Yes , definitely. He was like the third option in that Fenerbahce team to shoot the ball - Bogi and Andew Goudelock were the first options. But he was still an MVP. He just did it all. I looked up at his stats from that season: 12 pts, 8.5 rebounds, 2 assists (good assist numbers for a big in "Euro assist counting system") , 1.3 steals, 0.7 blocks, with 50% fg (he was taking about 8 shoots per game) for 27 minutes average.

At first, he wasn't declared as talent in Serbia. Some sources told that Partizan (ex Bogi's club) refused to sign him when he was like 17,18 years old. He went to "Red Star" as 19 years old, and at first, he was like the 12th guy in a roster. Red Star didn't have a backup PG for the second part of the season, and Beli was "thrown in a fire". The result of that move was - Beli became the best Red Star player next year (he played at least 3 positions), and after two years - he signed contract with one of the best Euro clubs and was choosen as the NBA draft pick. That is where he developed his playmaking and ball handling skills. Some guys here already wrote about it i think....
It's so obvious that he is way more then a spot up shooter, like Tibs used him. He is not a guy to shoot 15,20 times, but he fits great with this team and he will be very useful in this Kings growing proccess.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I like what I've seen from Milan Macvan. I don't know why he hasn't made it to the NBA yet.
Macvan is one of the captains of the Serbian National team. Interesting player, who at first sight, doesn't look like a basketball player, but who is very crafty around the basket, and is a very good outside shooter. He's a 6'9" PF, whose game will remind you a bit of Bjeli's. As for the Kings being interested, and I'm not sure that you intended that, his draft rights are held by the Cav's who used the 54th pick in the 2011 draft on him. Whereas he's a Serb, I'm sure that Vlade is quite familiar with him.

Yes! This is pretty much how he was getting used execpt when the game was on the line, he would be the one initiating a lot of stuff. Coach trusted him with the ball in his hands and his ability to make the right decision under pressure. We righly want the ball in Fox’s hands in those situations but Bjelica is for the most part getting utilized as he was in Europe.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yes! This is pretty much how he was getting used execpt when the game was on the line, he would be the one initiating a lot of stuff. Coach trusted him with the ball in his hands and his ability to make the right decision under pressure. We righly want the ball in Fox’s hands in those situations but Bjelica is for the most part getting utilized as he was in Europe.
There is a reason his nickname is the incredibly underutilized Professor Big Shots

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Nemanja "The Serbian Morpheus" Bjelica the guy has literally red pilled the entire team on winning and the way he moves is literally matrix like while being able to make split second choices where he seems he has like a eternity to make them. The way when he catches the ball and makes a split second delay than throws the dime is just something you are born with (seems like all the Serbs in the NBA currently other than Bobo have it).

Grant Napear is probably thanking the heavans for a player like Bjelica after all the low IQ crap he has had to watch, what makes it even more hilarious is Jim Peterson (wolves commentator) a few days ago basically implied on a broadcast that Grant was trolling him how much the Kings love him via text about getting Bjelica from the Wolves.
As Grant would say, "That's some good stuff, there.":)

I just want to quote myself from 11th of May :cool::D

I was surprised that 76ers reached agreement with him and not Kings at first, but later everything fall into piece.. it is a shame that he was with a coach that did not allow him to show what he knows.. but now he has that chance and he is showing what he can do, he is awesome glue guy, and what is best with him he is total team player.. he knew he is worth more than what he was getting at TWolwes, but he did not complain, he just worked hard and was there when needed.. so if tomorrow he gets 10 minutes because of Gilles for example, he will give 100% in that 10 minutes..

just an awesome person, and very good basketball player..
All of this makes me wonder who else is on Vlade's radar???

Don't remember who posted it, or where, might have been here, or on twitter, but after the fight between Rondo and Paul, someone posted the pictures of four NBA players you don't want to get into a scuffle with, and Bjeli was one of them. Obviously, he's also a tough hombre.. So far he's been a huge addition to the team. Very talented player, who also brings some veteran maturity to a very young team. When you can walk the walk, then they listen when you talk the talk.
It was on twitter, I saw it too, gonna try and found it, I have it somewhere.

Edit: Took me 5 minutes to find it, if you are talking about this one?