Neither Sonics, nor trash talk stopped

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/12824762p-13674891c.htmlNeither Sonics, nor trash talk stopped

By Sam Amick -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 am PDT Monday, May 2, 2005

Get the latest news in sacbee.com's Kings Alert newsletter. Sign up here.
There was a similarity between these Seattle SuperSonics and all the trash talk that came with their first-round playoff matchup against the Kings.

Neither one stopped.

Not before Sunday night's tipoff, when everyone from Sonics coach Nate McMillan to forwards Reggie Evans and Danny Fortson sent angry barbs toward their counterparts.

Not early in the second quarter, when the Sonics faced a 19-point deficit and the Kings looked ready to even the series.

And certainly not after the Sonics came back for a momentum-snatching 115-102 victory in Game 4, quieting the Arco Arena crowd while going far from quietly themselves.

Evans did a little hippity-hop at halfcourt with 1:02 left in the game, never mind he wasn't even playing. Ray Allen had just hit his sixth three-pointer of the night, putting the Kings down 107-98 and inches from a 3-1 hole. Evans taunted Kings fans.

Sonics guard Antonio Daniels held an "L" with his fingers on his forehead, a sign that could have stood for "loser" or "loss."

Center Jerome James wouldn't disclose his postgame exchange with a fan, offering only "I've got to calm down. But I ain't telling you (what I did), because I'd get in trouble."

When it was over, halfcourt became the talking spot. Forward Nick Collison had a television interview, just feet from Allen and his one-on-one. They were both close to Daniels, all three Sonics singing their own praises before turning their attention to the Kings.

"Evidently, (the Kings) must not be mentally tough if they're going to the newspaper and complaining," said Evans, referring to Kings coach Rick Adelman faulting the officiating before Game 3. "They're like my 11-month old baby daughter.

"She's spoiled. (The Kings) have been getting a lot of wins, so I understand. They're just crying, like my daughter. She wants her bottle. And I eventually may give it to her, but this is a different situation. I can give them a tissue or something just to wipe the tears off."

The Sonics could talk because they walked. The subplot to Allen's sizzling 45-point night was the play of James, who maintained before the game he would return to being a role player after averaging 19.3 points in the first three games. The Kings wouldn't let him.

James continued to prove Kings guard Cuttino Mobley wrong. He played like Shaquille O'Neal after Mobley reminded him he was no Shaq. James had 17 points on 7-of-11 shooting.

Forward Rashard Lewis continued to struggle from the field (4 of 12), but his 11-of-12 effort from the free-throw line was a reflection of his aggressiveness. "We have played this style of basketball since we got whooped by the Clippers by 30 points to start the season," James said. "We lived by it and we died by it. For the Kings to try to change their style of play now - it's too little, too late. We had to get dirty tonight to get this victory."

I hope every kings player in that locker room reads this and use it to fuel their comeback on the court b/c I'm getting tired of explaining things to Kings-haters, but again I wont stop defending my kings.......so from bibby to miller, from mobley to skinner......don't let ur fans down......play smart, play hard, and play TEAM ball!!!

atxrocker said:
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/12824762p-13674891c.htmlNeither Sonics, nor trash talk stopped

"Evidently, (the Kings) must not be mentally tough if they're going to the newspaper and complaining," said Evans, referring to Kings coach Rick Adelman faulting the officiating before Game 3. "They're like my 11-month old baby daughter.

"She's spoiled. (The Kings) have been getting a lot of wins, so I understand. They're just crying, like my daughter. She wants her bottle. And I eventually may give it to her, but this is a different situation. I can give them a tissue or something just to wipe the tears off."

THIS GUY IS BRUTAL.... You know what buddy, sometimes things you some come back to bite your a**.... I hope it happens to you this time!

gat

G-League
It's funny, you think of how great Seattle is as a city and then you look at the current line up of the Sonics. Talk about out of place.

Another thing that irks me is you have a coach that won't let the team wear headbands, but braids, pigtails and tweekish gum chewing is allowed?

atxrocker said:

If Sonics end of meeting the Spurs in round two Reggie may want to be ready to change his homey Allen's diapers. Allen always does cry like a baby when he's had to play Bowen.

striker said:
If Sonics end of meeting the Spurs in round two Reggie may want to be ready to change his homey Allen's diapers. Allen always does cry like a baby when he's had to play Bowen.
(If the Kings lose) Sonics-Spurs would be a fun matchup. :D

striker said:
Who are you going to root for TMass or Fortson in the bxing match?
how about they both kill each other :D

when this series happens ( it's inevitable) i will be rooting for a spurs sweep.

Some comments in response to Adelman's:
"Playoff basketball, you don't play it in skirts," coach Nate McMillan said. "It's physical basketball. The intensity level goes up, the aggressive play goes up."

"We're not the ones sitting around crying like a bunch of sissy-boys, girlie-boys," Fortson said. "If we win this series, it's going to be because of team ball and not because we're beating anybody up."

wow ... i like how Evans plays and I didn't like how Adelman whined about nothing, but nonetheless, someone should put Evans in his place ... the questions is , do the Kings have anyone to do that ?

What was Adelman thinking with the whining he did over the weekend ?

Fortson and that other scrub need to get knocked on their *ss, period. Time to play Brand and Skinner upfront.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I like how borderline dirty players always defend themselves by saying how the game is "physical."

Nate McMillan is NOT a class act, and it's apparent he seems to belong to the "as long as you don't get caught it's okay" school of thought. Cool. I hope the Spurs eat them for lunch.

Forston and Evans are thugs. T-Mass is a thug. Bruce Bowen might just change McMillan's whole attitude. I expect to see some real whining if Bowen plays "physical" against Ray Allen.

atxrocker said:

Somebody needs to tell Evans that he has the brain capacity of his 11- month old daughter.

On further review of this post I apologize, I shouldn't have insulted Evans' daughter, I'm sorry.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
sloter said:
wow ... i like how Evans plays and I didn't like how Adelman whined about nothing, but nonetheless, someone should put Evans in his place ... the questions is , do the Kings have anyone to do that ?
Indeed.

I actually have some rugged appreciation for the sheer ballsy calling us out nature of the Sonics. I winced when I actually heard that we were complaining they were being "too physical". I mean, yuck. Next we'll be be choosing a nice floral design for the lace frill on the 05-06 unis.

And now the Sonics have called us on it. And the series may well already be lost anyway. Interesting position to be put in. Think I know how I would respond if I was a Kings big man. I really really wish I could be sure our big guys will respond in kind. There is a message to be sent tonight. And I just pray it isn't that we are what they say we are.

Last edited:
I swear someone need to kick them sorry Sonics @ss.

The Kings are being dogged by low class scrubs.

Oh man, does this scrub Evans thinks before he speaks. Someone really needs to stick a bottle of (you fill in the blank) down his fat @ss mouth. He will probably be the one that needs the bottle after the Kings whip them tonight.

The Kings better respond..........

gat said:
It's funny, you think of how great Seattle is as a city and then you look at the current line up of the Sonics. Talk about out of place.

Another thing that irks me is you have a coach that won't let the team wear headbands, but braids, pigtails and tweekish gum chewing is allowed?
Tell me about it, a big fat grown up ties his hair up and act like he is tough and manly. Geez.

I guess he's trying to look cute for his guy friend.

thew funniest thing is the sonics ***** and moan about every call during a game.

during this last game they won they compained after every single call, and it was obvious they were getting the benefit of a lot of calls.

heck Ray Allen supposedly did not commit a foul in the game!

I personally do not agree with what Adleman did, but for a guy like reggie evans who bitches and moans about every call which does not go his way to say what he said is a joke.

I think the one thing that the refs need to be watching is the traveling. james averages about 4-5 steps per shot without dribbling.

Adlemans plan backfired it did not get them to watch the sonics instead they focused on the Kings and called some bizarre calls in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I have never seen the kings go down in 3 straight possesions and get offensive fouls. and the traveling on kenny thomas when he was pushed was stupid.

I blame this last loss on Adlemans supposed video sending.

I also feel bad for jeff van gundy and what he his having to go through right now (side note I do not like jeff van gundy)
but if what van gundy is saying is true, it was eveident in the game against seattle for us that something was said about watching the kings and don't worry about traveling or defensive 3 seconds. because these both happen all of the time by seattle in this series. I mean jerome james never leaves the paint on defense and is never guarding anyone.

*shrug*
Evans kinda took it too far, but I didn't see anyone with a problem when adelman took a shot at him(he "falls everytime the AC comes on"), so i can't say he's an a** for being insulted and responding.

Mindboggling how a low pick for the Kings who got canned, a overhyped dirty player who throws chairs, and a no name have beaten our guys who at least are known in the league. Mindboggling. And thats with Rashard struggling to boot. Screw this year, got better things to do this Spring. :\

One thing I don't think Adleman knows how to do well is fire up his team. All my coaches (especially when we trail in a game) knew exactly how to fire us up and get us mad and ready to play. That's what Adleman needs to do. I want Peja to play aggresive and put Lewis in his place. I was Miller to show J. James he is garbage. I want Williamson to make Fortson regret having his hair the way it is. I want Ostertag to let the Sonics know they can't drive to the hoop anymore (<--Okay, that's asking too much).

We got punked. I don't blame Seattle for talking trash about our whiny a**es. I would if I was their opponent. The Kings may get fired up and win tonight, but Seattle owns most of our roster. Sad, but true.