NCAA March Madness (merged)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
We're now to the point in the tourney where I hate brackets - do I root for Siena to blow my whole bracket up and give the Cats a great shot at the E8 or do I root for my bracket? Of course I'm rooting for Siena who are presently up 4 according to the top of the screen, but dang!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Talk about some close finishes and great games! After starting out slowly, my brackets are slowly but surely looking better...

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Siena played their hearts out but fell short. Had Louisville lost that may have been the Cats' best shot to get Pitino to head to the desert.

Today was the day I gambled big with a few upsets (very close on a few - USC has some serious gripes with the officiating) and they didn't come through but I still have 7 of my E8 and all of my Final Four.

Good day for me, I went from 10th to 5th in the standings. If it wasn't for Wake Forest losing I'd be sitting pretty right now. And since I also happened to be rooting for Wake, I'm gonna choose to go for the teams I picked in my bracket, as opposed to preference

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
OK, I am an idiot. I didn't realize there were 27 players, as I hadn't hit the "view complete standings" button.

WOOHOO, I am not in last place!

Sorry, I got a little excited there. :p Totally unexpected, and quite a shock, actually, given I don't watch college ball at all. All of my Elite 8 are still in play, so I am all good. ;)

Purdue played a really awful first half. On the other side Adrien and Price had a tough first half. For Uconn to go far in this tournament they need those guys to play well. I expect Purdue to come out more aggressive in the second half, Adrien and Price better pick it up if they wanna pull this out.

Blair has looked small throughout the tournament. Xavier is playing with a lot of confidence and attacking the boards. This game is closer the it should be considering how well Xavier has played. Wouldn't be surprised if Pitt gets knocked out in the sweet 16 again.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
While I picked Pitt, I'm having my doubts. Xavier is keeping this close with their attack. At this point, it could go either way. Let's see if Pitt finds a way to break out.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Pitt is in jeopardy of blowing my bracket up, I knew I shouldn't have picked them. Even if they get by I haven't really been impressed by their tournament so far.

Both of these games have been ugly. Some good defense out there, but not the most enjoyable basketball to watch. I think the night games are going to be more entertaining, especially Memphis and Missouri.

Pitt hasn't been impressive so far but they keep pulling out these close games. Maybe these close games will pay dividends down the road. It's good to see Dixon finally get out of the sweet 16, he deserves it.

Mizzou - Memphis! This is the match-up I've been waiting for all along in this tournament so far. Hope everyone remembers my first post in this thread when I talked about Mizzou's 40 minutes of hell - so to speak. NOBODY wants to play them in this round or the next if they get past a very talented Memphis team. Perfect match of similar styles.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Looks like Calipari is winning the race to get the first Arizona interview and mess up my FF in the process. C'mon Memphis!

Nova and Duke in a defensive battle right now. I knew Duke played good perimeter defense but i thought Nova would get more opportunity's going to the basket. Nova better keep up the defensive pressure or my brackets isn't going to be looking so good.

New players same ft shooting problems for Memphis. Those techs didn't help either, could of been a whole different ballgame if Memphis had played a smarter game. At the same time Missouri deserves a lot of credit even if they didn't play well for the last 10 minutes of the game.

Nova might have the best guards in the nation. Picked them to get to the final 4 and they haven't disappointed me so far. I wonder if coach k still feels the acc is better then the big east? The big east is living up to the hype with 3 teams in the elite 8 already and i expect them to add a couple more after tomorrow night.

3/4 with my picks tonight and losing Memphis doesn't hurt me too bad considering i had them going out against Uconn. Going to need both of the 3 seeds to come through tomorrow to win this. I hope tomorrows games are more interesting, should be fun.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
3/4 for me tonight as well. Damn Memphis I had in the Final Four, but I have Louisville-Pitt final and if that happens I win my pool.

I could see that happening although Pitt is in for a real test vs Nova on Saturday. Still not sure why i picked against Louisville in the elite eight, against Kansas no less. I think thats where my bracket is going to fall apart.

I've been on Missouri's bandwagon ever since they won the Big 12 tournament championship. My bracket had them in Final Four which may be a bit of a reach against UConn. I'm still amazed that a team can have such an effective style playing virtual full court press for the entire game - yet, still lead the nation is assists!! It's amazing that they're so patient in the half court, passing it around, passing up good shots, waiting for the great shot. Very dangerous team for anybody in this tournament is the most obvious statement I can make. Hanging 102 points on Memphis!! And Calipari's team was said to be one of the toughest defensive teams this season. Now, it looks like two best teams overall in this tournament are meeting on Saturday - Uconn v. Mizzou. Well, maybe North Carolina and Louisville are right there - if they get to Final Four. Still, I picked Pitt to win it all, but what do I know...

I've been on Missouri's bandwagon ever since they won the Big 12 tournament championship. My bracket had them in Final Four which may be a bit of a reach against UConn. I'm still amazed that a team can have such an effective style playing virtual full court press for the entire game - yet, still lead the nation is assists!! It's amazing that they're so patient in the half court, passing it around, passing up good shots, waiting for the great shot. Very dangerous team for anybody in this tournament is the most obvious statement I can make. Hanging 102 points on Memphis!! And Calipari's team was said to be one of the toughest defensive teams this season. Now, it looks like two best teams overall in this tournament are meeting on Saturday - Uconn v. Mizzou. Well, maybe North Carolina and Louisville are right there - if they get to Final Four. Still, I picked Pitt to win it all, but what do I know...
Yeah same here. When they won the Big 12, I knew they were going to make some noise, along with Villanova. Those 2 teams have saved my bracket!

I do have UConn and Pitt next round, but I'm afraid I could be wrong.

I could see that happening although Pitt is in for a real test vs Nova on Saturday. Still not sure why i picked against Louisville in the elite eight, against Kansas no less. I think thats where my bracket is going to fall apart.
No worries, I had !!!WAKE FOREST!!! over Louisville.

:eek:

Yeah - I know...