[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAY)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

dude absolutely about to snort a mountain of cocaine and try trading Booker for Zion or something, isn’t he?
The picks? The picks? They are close to having the fewest number of picks legally allowed in the next seven drafts. Here are their draft assets in the next seven drafts:

2024: #22
2025: Nothing
2026: Own 1st, worst of four due to three swap options
2027: Nothing
2028: Own 1st, worst of four due to three swap options, Boston's 2nd rounder if it is 46+
2029: Nothing
2030: Own 1st, worst of four due to three swap options

That's four firsts, almost certainly all in the 20s.
That's 0 or 1 second round picks (and it would be 46+ if they have one at all).

They have three players tying up $150M+ for the next two years, and one of them sucks and one of them is ollllllld and one of them has punch-me-face.

He'd be lucky to find 3 teams to swap with him, much less 26.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The picks? The picks? They are close to having the fewest number of picks legally allowed in the next seven drafts. Here are their draft assets in the next seven drafts:

2024: #22
2025: Nothing
2026: Own 1st, worst of four due to three swap options
2027: Nothing
2028: Own 1st, worst of four due to three swap options, Boston's 2nd rounder if it is 46+
2029: Nothing
2030: Own 1st, worst of four due to three swap options

That's four firsts, almost certainly all in the 20s.
That's 0 or 1 second round picks (and it would be 46+ if they have one at all).

They have three players tying up $150M+ for the next two years, and one of them sucks and one of them is ollllllld and one of them has punch-me-face.

He'd be lucky to find 3 teams to swap with him, much less 26.
One can only imagine the haul they'll get for Booker though if he demands out at some point.

Good move firing Vogel. Dude had how many tough, hard nosed forwards on his roster and continuously went to guard ball. I was shocked that Roddy got so little burn after the trade. He didn't know how to run a superteam style offense. Superteam guys sink or swim the team, and you fill it out with hustle guys. Will it be enough for a ring? Probably not, but congrats on getting Grayson Allen paid though. lol.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Good move firing Vogel. Dude had how many tough, hard nosed forwards on his roster and continuously went to guard ball. I was shocked that Roddy got so little burn after the trade. He didn't know how to run a superteam style offense. Superteam guys sink or swim the team, and you fill it out with hustle guys. Will it be enough for a ring? Probably not, but congrats on getting Grayson Allen paid though. lol.
To be fair, the Sun’smain issue above all else was their absolute refusal to find the team an actual point guard and a big man who wasn’t immediately toast on defense. They got tricked into thinking Booker and Beal were good enough initiators to run an NBA offense but both guys are 2s at heart and Brad Beal sorta sucks now.