[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
with these situations you never know if it's genetic or if its a form of overtraining, which happens quite frequently in youth sports and amateur.
Usually if it’s a young athlete and African American descent, most typically it’s hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Overtraining and dehydrated can also lead to severe electrolyte deficiencies can also make you prone to cardiac arrest from arrhythmia. I think last year there was a marathon runner who had cardiac arrest near the finish line in the Sacramento area.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Usually if it’s a young athlete and African American descent, most typically it’s hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Overtraining and dehydrated can also lead to severe electrolyte deficiencies can also make you prone to cardiac arrest from arrhythmia. I think last year there was a marathon runner who had cardiac arrest near the finish line in the Sacramento area.
I'm glad you brought up the electrolyte deficiency because too much or too little is detrimental so it's speculation on our part until another incidence occurs or perhaps another won't.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

on the one hand, I love when a team acknowledges loyalty. On the other hand, Haslem would be the most random retired jersey in the history of the league or something close to it. Even at his peak, the dude was like a semi-solid but unspectacular gritty role player whose main job was passing the ball to the good players and getting out of their way.

also not sure the dude’s actually retired yet

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
On the other hand, Haslem would be the most random retired jersey in the history of the league or something close to it.
First of All™, it wouldn't even be the most random retired jersey in the history of the Miami Heat: we're talking about a team that retired the jersey of a guy who didn't even play for them. We're talking about a team that retired the jersey of a guy who didn't even play basketball!

Second of All, I know you're not talking mess as a fan of a team that retired a number to honor their fans.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
First of All™, it wouldn't even be the most random retired jersey in the history of the Miami Heat: we're talking about a team that retired the jersey of a guy who didn't even play for them. We're talking about a team that retired the jersey of a guy who didn't even play basketball!

Second of All, I know you're not talking mess as a fan of a team that retired a number to honor their fans.
If I’m not mistaken, the Kings aren’t even the only team in the league to retire the number 6 jersey for their fans (obviously this precludes it being retired league-wide to honor Bill Russell) which probably makes it worse.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

on the one hand, I love when a team acknowledges loyalty. On the other hand, Haslem would be the most random retired jersey in the history of the league or something close to it. Even at his peak, the dude was like a semi-solid but unspectacular gritty role player whose main job was passing the ball to the good players and getting out of their way.

also not sure the dude’s actually retired yet
next up, the Miami Heat coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.