[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Discussion in 'NBA' started by kingjatt, Dec 1, 2017.

1. kingjatt

kingjatt Well-Known Member

Just watching Mitchell blossom in Utah and handle clutch situations with ease while we messed up another draft by trading down and not selecting him. Vlades drafting has been attroicious.
  2. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

Mitchell is a pleasure to watch, gotta admit. Dude is solid.
    Npliam likes this.
  3. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Going to be like Marcus Smart with offense. Wish we had him.
    CelticsFan and Nokidding like this.
  4. Npliam

Npliam Well-Known Member

It does help ease the sting of losing Gordon Hayward.
  5. pshn80

pshn80 Well-Known Member

Arm chair quarterback.
    VF21 and dude12 like this.
  6. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

I highly doubt Mitchell would even get the opportunity to prove himself here. We have Fox who's forced to play in an offense built around Randolph. Mitchell has a greenlight in Utah right now.

Earlier in the season, he had a 3-21 shooting game. You can't tell me Joerger wouldn't have immediately sent him to the GLeague for that performance. He wouldn't see the light of day. Utah actually lets Mitchell play through his mistakes. They actually let him get into his offense even if it takes 15shots. On the other hand, Joerger has no problem immediately yanking out Skal or Buddy for defensive lapses.

Vlade sucks as a talent evaluator, but I doubt Mitchell would even get PT under Joerger.
    kingjatt and Nokidding like this.
  7. kingjatt

kingjatt Well-Known Member

Read my sig, I had Mitchell being a stud prior to the season starting.
    Nokidding likes this.
  8. Nokidding

Nokidding Active Member

I said earlier in the season no one plays harder than Mitchell and the guy is carrying a team missing Hood (been TRASH all year) and Gobert, I really also think the Jazz being forced into playing Jerekbo (who should have been playing all year) has helped a lot to the guy fits with them perfectly.

It sucks to think that Buddy's play in meaningless games and bringing over Bogie might have cost a shot at Mitchell but than again image how Denver might feel imagine him with Jokic feeding him passes.

At the rate Anthony Davis gets hurt like every week they should seriously considering sending him to Boston for Tatum/Brown/whatever else. Great player but every other game the guy is on the floor rolling around with pain.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  9. kingsboi

the Kings did bring him in for a workout so they obviously had an eye on him & interest
  10. kingsboi

It seems that his sudden growth spurt in high school was a blessing & curse because for all we know, that much of a growth spurt may of shook his body more than we know.
  11. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

DMC leads his Peli's over the Blazers with Anthony Davis (yet again) hurt.

38 points, but was slacking with only 8 rebs and 0 assists.

I get quite happy every time the swag hustlin' Pelican pops up on my timeline. :p
  12. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

HOT TAEK ALERT: Portland would have won that game last night, if Terry Stotts had left Meyers Leonard on the bench.

Yo, he has ALL the swag... that's the real Swaggy P, right there!
    SLAB likes this.
  13. twslam07

twslam07 Well-Known Member

Isaac, Mitchell, & Mason would have been a great haul for us. Isaac is already making an impact defensively, and Mitchell looks like one of the best rookies this year who has a high ceiling.
    kingjatt likes this.
  14. twslam07

Anyone else think it would be interesting if the Celtics made a move for both Davis & Cousins and assembled a big 4 of Irving, Hayward, Davis, & Cousins (@CelticsFan )? I think they have the assets to get it done:

2018 BOS 1st
    2018 BOS 2nd
    2019 SAC/PHI 1st (More favorable of the two)
    2019 MEM 1st (top 8 protected)
    2019 LAC 1st (top 14 protected)
    2019 BOS 1st
    2019 DET 2nd
    2020 BOS 1st
    2020 BOS 2nd
    2021 BOS 1st
    2021 BOS 2nd
    Jayson Tatum
    Jaylen Brown
    Marcus Smart
    Guerschon Yabusele
    Terry Rozier

I think ideally, they would like to keep one of Tatum or Brown to round out their 5 man starting lineup (Irving-Hayward-Brown/Tatum-Davis-Cousins), but I'm not sure NOP would do it without getting both. I think something like Tatum, Brown, 2019 SAC-PHI 1st, & 2019 MEM 1st could be close.
  15. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Active Member

I don't think they would go after Cousins, if they really like him they would go after him in the offseason and keep their assets.

When it comes to Davis I'm sure Ainge would at least kick the tires, but I would pass. Davis is a huge talent no doubt I just think Boston would have to pay up and I reluctantly wouldn't want to give up what I would expect Davis to be worth.

Both Tatum (19) and Brown (20) are both starters on a team with the best record in the league, that's really rare. Tatum is leading the NBA in 3pt fg% and Brown is a very versatile defender, he has show some nice offense at times this season. I think NO would want both of those guys plus a lot more including the Lakers pick this year if it lands 2-5 or the 2019 Kings pick next year which I expect to be a top 5 pick. These 3 assets IMO are very valuable, to add even more to this when you are already a top team is too much. Celtics are in a very unique position
  16. twslam07

Boston doesn't have cap space to do this so there would need to be a trade to attain his bird rights.
    CelticsFan likes this.
  17. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

I don't think I've ever heard of this before:

[​IMG]
  18. Mr. S£im Citrus

In three games against the Warriors, DeMarcus Cousins has four technical fouls. In the other 21 games, he has three.
  19. Npliam

Npliam Well-Known Member

I have developed a real hatred for Kevin Durant. I wouldn't mind seeing he and Cousins go a couple rounds.
    SLAB, Tetsujin, ESP47 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Telemachus

Telemachus Well-Known Member

I don't think it would get past the first round.
    SLAB, VF21 and Tetsujin like this.
  21. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Durant would get beat and then join Cousins side in a tag team match to take the titles.
    SLAB, Npliam and CelticsFan like this.
  22. itzcoatl

itzcoatl Well-Known Member

This violates the Stepien rule. A team is not allowed to trade first round draft picks in successive seasons. https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-the-ted-stepien-rule-325791
  23. Capt. Factorial

Capt. Factorial Cantry Member Staff Member Contributor

I believe that was a comprehensive list of draft assets held by the Celtics, from which some could be selected for use in a trade, and not a proposal to send every single draft asset the Celtics possess at once. The more specific proposal at the bottom only suggested sending two draft picks.
  24. twslam07

Actually, it doesn't.

The Celtics would be guaranteed to have their own 2018 BOS 1st, 2019 BOS 1st, 2020 BOS 1st, & 2021 BOS 1st. They wouldn't have consecutive years of 1st round picks missing. In fact, they wouldn't have any years without a 1st round pick.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q89
  25. itzcoatl

itzcoatl Well-Known Member

I misunderstood your original post. Your explanation is correct. I thought you were suggesting that all the listed assets could be traded to obtain AD and Boogie.
  26. Mr. S£im Citrus

I don't know what the hell it is about Gentry's coaching that New Orleans can't play with a lead, but every time they get off to a hot start, they end up eating an embarrassing loss, but they seem to win more than they lose when trailing after 1Q.
  27. Mr. S£im Citrus

Per the NBA App, Jahlil Okafor, Nik "Sauce Castillo" Stauskas and a 2nd round pick have been traded to the Brookyln Nets for Trevor Booker.
    Suicide King likes this.
  28. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

Man, Brooklyn may not have their own high picks they gave away to Boston but they're doing a good job getting young potentially high-upside pieces.

I know I would absolutely love to have both De'Angelo Russell and Jhalil Okafor. And Sauce Castillo, definitely the icing on the cake. :p
  29. kingsboi

am I reading this right? Okafor, the corpse of Stauskas & a 2nd rounder all for a Trevor Booker? Didn't realize Okafor's value plummeted to that extent. Should of traded him to New Orleans when they had a chance.
  30. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

..Kings should've made a move for Russell and Okafor. Their teams were basically just dumping them. These are the types of moves a rebuilding team should be capitalizing on.
    CelticsFan and SLAB like this.