[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (CAMP/PRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm buying all that Portland Trailblazers stock right now. Scoot is the real deal. A supporting cast of Simons, Thybulle, Grant, Ayton, Robert Williams, Shaedon Sharpe, and Kris Murray looks like a really nice young group to build with -- some scorers, some defensive role-players, a lot of chances to find a second star. And on top of that they still have Malcolm Brogdan as either a veteran mentor or a trade chip. I don't know that their record this year will reflect it, but in the near future I anticipate them becoming a significant rivalry for us in the Western Conference. San Antonio needs to figure out the PG position but they have an interesting young core too. I don't have the same level of respect for the rebuilding efforts in Houston and OKC or the veteran-led all-in teams in LA and Phoenix.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
My best memory of Josh Jackson was a tweet claiming that the Kings (Vlade) were fine with De’Aaron being the guy at 5, but were infatuated with Josh Jackson. Thank you Suns for going full Vlade with the 4 pick.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd like to applaud Derrick White for no longer accepting his Jermaine O'neal hairline and shaving it off. takes some courage to make that move, let's see if he sticks with it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Jordan Poole hero balling his way through the season on a terrible team agenda off to a good start. Guy has 41 points through three quarters against the Knicks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
why does this Wizards team have so many vets on it? Bilal already having to fight for minutes with Deni, Kuzma, and Kispert and now also has to contend with Gallinari and Taj Gibson too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This Nets team is a fun collection of guys but they just need some sort of (any sort of) star to put their collection of Mikal and plus role players around. At the very least they should trade us DFS for a second round pick.

the Spurs got Wemby and have sorta coasted since then
I like this a ton for them. If Collins is finally healthy, dude has a real chance to be a real impact player. I've loved him since that draft and he's finally showing some of that 2-way skill-set. And especially if he still allows them to stretch the floor on offense, but keeps Wemby from having to defend the super big boys at the 5. And he can just play free safety and roam for weakside rim protection.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I like this a ton for them. If Collins is finally healthy, dude has a real chance to be a real impact player. I've loved him since that draft and he's finally showing some of that 2-way skill-set. And especially if he still allows them to stretch the floor on offense, but keeps Wemby from having to defend the super big boys at the 5. And he can just play free safety and roam for weakside rim protection.
The issue for me is that he’s had like two relatively healthy seasons since coming into the league and hasn’t really shown himself to be capable of defending big bigs either. The Spurs now have like 200 million dollars tied up in Johnson, Vassell, and Collins, which I guess they could package up for a deal for a big name player but they aren’t really anywhere in position for that and they have too much dead money on their books to take on contracts for assets right now at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.