[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (APR)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

It looks like an April fool's joke (no idea of the timeline Shams is in), Paok doesn't really have that much money and no motive to end the season, not playing in Europe either at this time, this move if true makes zero sense.
I don't suspect Shams is much for April Fool's jokes. Porter has basically been blackballed from the NBA due to domestic violence charges on top of apparently being a terrible human being, so I don't think he would have had the leverage to ask PAOK for very much money.

I don't suspect Shams is much for April Fool's jokes. Porter has basically been blackballed from the NBA due to domestic violence charges on top of apparently being a terrible human being, so I don't think he would have had the leverage to ask PAOK for very much money.
He will get 10,000$ per month, but it's less than 2 months left for the season to end and they are players getting much more money in China, Taiwan, Puerto Rico, even here in Indonesia the imports are paid more (for the record ex Kings player Malachi Richardson was released from his club, Thomas Robinson was rumored to be the one getting replaced but he kept his position).
In Greek social media everybody thought's it's April Fool's joke and they were surprised to see that it was posted in every sport sites as if it was organized for all to make the same joke. Paok btw is the team that Peja was playing before moving to USA. Scott Skiles also played there (and became the coach after), also Lawrence Funderburke who played for the Kings for several seasons.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Every single time I see DeAndre Ayton be bland and mediocre as hell on a basketball court, I’m reminded that in addition to passing on Luka to take him first overall, the Suns also passed on Fox to take Josh Johnson, passed on Tyrese Haliburton to take Jalen Smith, and picked Dragan Bender and traded the rights to Bogi AND two first round picks to the Kings to pick Marquis Chriss in a single draft, and yet somehow the Kings are the only franchise that’s ever seemed to caught flack for terrible draft choices lmao

The Kings aren’t the only team to get beaten down by terrible teams!
I watched the post game interview from Giannis in the match vs Wizards mostly curious to see what he told about Vuksevic (that spoke to him in Greek and could play with the national team. So before going to this subject, Giannis mentioned that Wizards run a lot and he believes they are 1st in the pace in the league and that caused them issues. Then he asked the reporter "who is the team with that is 2nd in the pace in the league, Kings? we had issues with them as well".

Should the Bucks decide to fire Rivers, it is possible to go for Jordi even before the postseason begins?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I watched the post game interview from Giannis in the match vs Wizards mostly curious to see what he told about Vuksevic (that spoke to him in Greek and could play with the national team. So before going to this subject, Giannis mentioned that Wizards run a lot and he believes they are 1st in the pace in the league and that caused them issues. Then he asked the reporter "who is the team with that is 2nd in the pace in the league, Kings? we had issues with them as well".

Should the Bucks decide to fire Rivers, it is possible to go for Jordi even before the postseason begins?
If they fire Doc during the span of actual basketball, I’m guessing Dave Joerger gets first crack at interim coach.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
A bit of a surprise he didn't score those 50 against Kings, he didn't play against us this season at all.
goes to show how good every single NBA player is compared to the rest of the human population and the 400 something players that are in the pros are leaps and bounds better than any non-NBA players other than perhaps players in the Euro league, where cast offs and fringe NBA players go to play.