More Cowbell

This is a phenomenal idea! Just get that recognizable riff and we'd be good to go.

EDIT: Just watched the original sketch--that brought back a lot of nostalgia. At the end, it said R.I.P. Gene Frenkle, who I believed to be a real person. Turns out he's fictional, and the sketch picked out the wrong producer to credit the song to. The song was produced by David Lucas, not Bruce Dickenson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_cowbell#Comedy_versus_reality

Last edited:
The new Kings' theme. It's catchy, too.

I can imagine a good mixtape out of this song. Not as intense, but still intense, for lack of better explanation.

gunks

Hall of Famer
That's actually a GREAT PR idea!

Too bad this organization is so poor at PR.....
At Vivek's insistence, Cowbells are banned from the arena, without any proper explanation. After much fan discontent, PDA comes forward with the insistence that it was his idea...

... what follows is "Kazoo night" at sleep train. The fan reception is lukewarm at best.

After a few months of kazoos, the FO introduces those triangle thingies, that one hits with sticks.... they are ALMOST cowbell like, and we Kings fans grow to love them.

Vivek then admits that the Kazoos were a huge mistake, without ever addressing the initial banning of cowbells... Over time, we grow to accept the triangles, always wondering what could have been with the cowbells...

..... wow. Wtf is wrong with me? :p

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
As fan participation gimmicks go I think it's a great idea, but.... I hope it doesn't reach a point where our players are as annoyed by them as the other team. Maybe limit it to "coming out of fourth quarter timeout" moments or something.

As fan participation gimmicks go I think it's a great idea, but.... I hope it doesn't reach a point where our players are as annoyed by them as the other team. Maybe limit it to "coming out of fourth quarter timeout" moments or something.
How about playoff series only.