Mo Ragan, Kenny Thomas, and Matt Barnes (?!) join pregame and postgame shows for 2021-2022 season

I wonder if this will change the Deuce and Mo podcast.

edit: I guess it’s obvious it will change since they often did podcasts during games. Hopefully they still do casts on the regular

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan

wonder who’s doing Stockton games now. Also legitimately shocked that Matt Barnes is doing any thing with the Kings given how angry he was at the organization when he got traded with Boogie.
Deuce said on their podcast they'd still be doing Stockton broadcasts but there might be a few conflicts... not sure logistically how they'll make it work!

Waking up this morning I still cant believe they didn't call up duece as well especially while adding (IMO) a trash of a human like M. Barnes.

I’m not saying he’s the right choice, but I’m thinking Barnes over deuce is prob cuz they want to even out the former player analysts with non ex players. Usually it’s one host and 1 or 2 ex players or insider.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’m not saying he’s the right choice, but I’m thinking Barnes over deuce is prob cuz they want to even out the former player analysts with non ex players. Usually it’s one host and 1 or 2 ex players or insider.
Barnes is also pretty good at the whole media game (his podcasts with Stephen Jackson were always pretty entertaining).
Not saying I endorse the decision (Barnes definitely has some ooky personal demons that have been well documented) but I get him getting hired more than Kenny Thomas, who appears to have gotten the job primarily because he is a former Kings player who lives in Sacramento who has a pulse and isn't already working for the team/hasn't already been fired by the team.

Deuce will get his chance but he's always been more of a host/play-by-play guy than an analyst. He'll keep doing the Stockton Kings PBP thing then possibly move up into the Draper chair when Kyle inevitably becomes the lead PBP guy when Mark Jones's daughter graduates from college. Should also be mentioned that Deuce does BTS stuff for the G-Man radio broadcasts right now too. Deuce and Mo are probably going to end up calling Kings games at some point but I'm not sure if it'll be in three or four years time or ten years down the line.

Barnes is also pretty good at the whole media game (his podcasts with Stephen Jackson were always pretty entertaining).
Not saying I endorse the decision (Barnes definitely has some ooky personal demons that have been well documented) but I get him getting hired more than Kenny Thomas, who appears to have gotten the job primarily because he is a former Kings player who lives in Sacramento who has a pulse and isn't already working for the team/hasn't already been fired by the team.

Deuce will get his chance but he's always been more of a host/play-by-play guy than an analyst. He'll keep doing the Stockton Kings PBP thing then possibly move up into the Draper chair when Kyle inevitably becomes the lead PBP guy when Mark Jones's daughter graduates from college. Should also be mentioned that Deuce does BTS stuff for the G-Man radio broadcasts right now too. Deuce and Mo are probably going to end up calling Kings games at some point but I'm not sure if it'll be in three or four years time or ten years down the line.
Putting aside the off the court stuff, think Barnes will actually criticize the Kings, which I think is needed. Don’t think Thomas will do that, Kate will do so in her own way while the others will just toe the company line. So for that alone, I see why he was brought in.

Mo Reagan is good…..but Matt Barnes is about as wooden as one can be on tv…..not good
She’s ok. Good is an overstatement as far as I’m concerned. I do appreciate her KINGS fandom though.

I don’t see MB as “wooden” at all. But I wouldn’t say he’s good either. Actually, all three of Mo, Barnes and KT are merely ok.

So can anyone explain to me why Kenny Thomas??? I don’t remember him being a great player? I can only remember his restaurant that closed….. And that made the news because of so many reasons….