Message to new owners / coaching staff

Since Adleman has gone, some stats to look for before the 2013-2014 season...

[TABLE="width: 400"]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 80"]season[/TD]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 80"]OPP PPG[/TD]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 80"]rank[/TD]
[TD="class: xl68, width: 80"]OPP %[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2006-2007[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]103,1[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]24[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].472[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]26[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2007-2008[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]104,8[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].466[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]22[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2008-2009[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]109,3[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]29[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].483[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]30[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2009-2010[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]104,4[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]25[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].469[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2010-2011[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]104,7[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].478[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]28[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2011-2012[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].476[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2012-2013[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]103,8[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].468[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Likely gone - Garcia, JJ, Honeycutt, Jimmer*, Brooks and possibly Salmons if in fact they are spending big off the top.

*Depends what kind of role the new management thinks he can or can't handle.

I haven't looked tbh but who are the "big" free agents this term.

Any new ownership, i assume, will attempt to make a splash.

realistic targets?

realistic targets?
I think overpaying for someone like David West wouldnt be to bad and for Sacramento its quite realistic as he plays for a small market already,

Other than maybe 1 free agent, resigning tyreke, and a trade to get some sort of size the biggest thing a new ownership group can do is gut the entire basketball operations staff and bring in a proven, solid GM who hand picks his own guys with a proven coach like nate mcmillan/SVG/JVG.

getting a few new players would be nice but realisticly it wont all happen the first year, the biggest thing would be to build a solid staff to recognize who off the current roster we can build around moving forward.

realistic targets?
Josh Smith? probably the biggest free agent that is going to look for a new team. unless he's traded, which he's probably going to be. the rest is either staying put (Chris Paul), an injury risk (Dwight Howard), redundant (Brandon Jennings/Monta Ellis) or all of the above (Andrew Bynum).

Addition by subtraction. Let Brooks bolt, buyout Outlaw, use the money on Reke and the lottery pick. Depending on who they draft (many good bigs available), trade MT for a veteran SF or PG.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Since Adleman has gone, some stats to look for before the 2013-2014 season...

[TABLE="width: 400"]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 80"]season[/TD]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 80"]OPP PPG[/TD]
[TD="class: xl68, width: 80"]OPP %[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2006-2007[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]103,1[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].472[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]26[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2007-2008[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]104,8[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].466[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]22[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2008-2009[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]109,3[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]29[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].483[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2009-2010[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]25[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].469[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2010-2011[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]104,7[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].478[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2011-2012[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].476[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl65"]2012-2013[/TD]
[TD="class: xl65"]103,8[/TD]
[TD="class: xl66"].468[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Think people may be missing the point/import of that chart. DEFENSE. Swapping out Outlaw and Brooks or inserting Jimmer or TRob or whoever isn't going to make a shred of difference on that front.

Regardless of who the new owners are or where the team is there will be BIG changes. I am assuming Cousins survives. I am really hoping somebody pays attention to what Reke is doing and that he does as well. After that I don't thinik there are guarantees for ANYBODY. I like JT and wish he could stay, but once a full regime change is underway, with a desire to make a splash and justify the investment, there will be no built in loyalty to any of the guys who had been integral to the old regime. That means guys like Jimmer, Cisco, JT, IT... all are under immediate threat for better personnel. So are guys like Thornton, Hayes, Outlaw, Salmons -- guys the old regime signed and had a vested interst in succeeding, but a new regime could easily want to clear out in favor of their own personnel. If the team goes to Seattle, it would not shock me if there are 10 new guys next season. Even if it stays in Sacto, I would expect half a dozen, + a new coach and new GM. The gloves will be off.

And back to that chart: DEFENSE. That's personnel, but its also team culture. Its who you pick for coaches, who you sign as free agents. Its valuing defensive roleplayers and shotblockers. Everything we have completely stopped doing. On that front almost any regime change to anybody not named Don Nelson will be a welcome relief.

P.S. holy crap! that's an html table! for years and years and years I have wnated the ability to do that on here, and the software never allowed it. We can use html finally! organized tables! Aligned stats! woo to the hoo!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Think people may be missing the point/import of that chart. DEFENSE. Swapping out Outlaw and Brooks or inserting Jimmer or TRob or whoever isn't goig to make a hsred of difference on that front.

Regardless of who the new owners are or where the team is there will be BIG changes. I am assuming Cousins survives. I am really hoping somebody pays attention to what Reke is doing and that he does as well. After that I don't thinik there are guarantees for ANYBODY. I like JT and wish he could stay, but once a full regime change is underway, with a desire to make a splash and justify the investment, there will be nop built in loyalty to any of the guys who had been integral to the old regime. taht means guys liek Jimmer, Cisco, JT, IT... all are under immediate threat for better personnel. So are guys like Thornton, Hayes, OUtlaw, Salmons -- guys the old regime signed and had a vested interst in succeeding, but a new regime could easily want to clear out in favor of their own personnel. If the team goes to Seattle, it would not shock me if there are 10 new guys next season. Even if it stays in Sacto, I would expect half a dozen, + a new coach and new GM. The gloves will be off.

And back to that chart: DEFENSE. That's personnel, but its also team culture. Its who you pick for coaches, who you sign as free agents. Its valuing defensive roleplayers and shotblockers. Everything we have completely stopped doing. On that front almost any regime change to anybody not named Don Nelson will be a welcome relief.

P.S. holy crap! that's an html table! for years and years and years I have wnated the ability to do that on here, and the software never allowed it. We can use html finally! organized tables! Aligned stats! woo to the hoo!
Thanks for clarifying. I knew something looked unusual but didn't stumble to what it was until I read your comments. :)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Yeah, you didn't see the tables as an option when going to "Go Advanced"? What kind of mod are you? ;)

Think people may be missing the point/import of that chart. DEFENSE.
Thank you Brick ! It had to be you ;)
Indeed, with this chart, my point was that new ownership has to change the defensive culture of the franchise.

I didn't do it on purpose. I just tried a copy/paste from Excel and it worked !