McGrady attends to family emergency

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1974613

HOUSTON -- Rockets forward Tracy McGrady missed Houston's game Monday night against the Orlando Magic because of a medical emergency in his family.

[size=-2][/size][size=-1]Tracy McGrady[/size]
[size=-2]Shooting Guard
Houston Rockets
[/size]
[size=-2]Profile
[/size]
[size=-2][/size]2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS[size=-2]GM[/size][size=-2]PPG[/size][size=-2]RPG[/size][size=-2]APG[/size][size=-2]FG%[/size][size=-2]FT%[/size][size=-2]39[/size][size=-2]25.3[/size][size=-2]6.2[/size][size=-2]5.6[/size][size=-2].427[/size][size=-2].772[/size]

McGrady was at the team's shootaround earlier in the day, but called Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy a couple of hours before the game to tell him about the emergency.

Team officials weren't sure where he was going or how long he would be away.

The absence of McGrady prevented a rematch against his former team. He scored 27 points in a 108-99 victory at Orlando on Thursday.

McGrady came to Houston in an offseason trade with the Magic. The deal sent guards Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley and forward Kelvin Cato to Orlando.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
With no disrespect whatsoever meant towards TMac, although I do not care for him, I wonder if the Rockets board is going to be rife with irate fans, questioning whether or not he actually had a family emergency, what it was, why he bailed on the team, etc.

VF21 said:
With no disrespect whatsoever meant towards TMac, although I do not care for him, I wonder if the Rockets board is going to be rife with irate fans, questioning whether or not he actually had a family emergency, what it was, why he bailed on the team, etc.
Of course not... only Kings fans act like that. :p

VF21 said:
VF, what are you talking about? Obviously TMAC was too scared to compete and bailed out. Weak mind = weak player.

p.s. In all seriousness, I hope everything is ok with his family.

VF21 said:
Since I'm not a member of clutchcity, I can't say for sure...but you're welcome to this tidbit off the espn board:D
http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=244&threadID=1203041&lastPostID=5922083

Goldenster95 said:
Oh, ****.

It'd better be a close relative.
Of course, the Rockets won which seems to have lowered the temperature on the boards now.

No disrespect to you either.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I too tried to get to clutchcity.net only to find out it has changed to clutchfans.net AND become member-only even for simply reading the threads.

Thanks for the info, kingskings! I hope for TMac's sake his emergency was legitimate. If I remember correctly, Rockets fans can get just as hostile as Kings fans.

VF21 said:

Atleast TMac told the team. Remember Tmass last year just disappeared without telling anybody that he had a family issue back home in SA.