[Game] Mavericks @ Kings - 1/10/13

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Game summary: We could have won but we didn't. The crowd could have sucked but they didn't. It could have been a bad game but it wasn't. Some posters could have been annoying but they weren't. ... ... Oh wait. :p

Passions run deep but some of you really need to have a few more glasses of wine. And some of you IMMHO need to learn to think twice and post once. ;)

Good night, fellow Kings fans.

how are you satisfied? this should have been an easy win, we had them on the ropes and like a thief in the night Keith Smart unleashes his midget lineup
I'm satisfied because i know where the fault lies. Our team looked great for most of the game. What we need is to get rid of about 3 players in a trade. Smart has too many tools and it cost us this game.

I don't mind losses like this, except for the fact that we were up by 17 points and double digits in the 4th.
exactly, i cant understand people who say they are fine with this, if the game was a back and forth struggle the whole time, fine, a vet team executed better. But we had them down and out!

Just really disappointed. I was having a lot of fun watching the game up untill that 4-guard lineup. We went hero mode the rest of the way when the wheels came off and we fell back into our old habits.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
whats annoying is the idea that i payed for tickets to the game on Saturday and that is going to be an awful game if DMC is not allowed to play
It's only annoying to you. I can guarantee I'm speaking for every other person active in this thread when I say no one else gives a rat's patoot. Honest.

Game summary: We could have won but we didn't. The crowd could have sucked but they didn't. It could have been a bad game but it wasn't. Some posters could have been annoying but they weren't. ... ... Oh wait. :p

Passions run deep but some of you really need to have a few more glasses of wine. And some of you IMMHO need to learn to think twice and post once. ;)

Good night, fellow Kings fans.
Ok i respect your longevity here, but you just make it sound like your fine with mediocrity as long as the games are exciting and fun. A quality team would have taken the Mavs by the throat and finished them Mortal Kombat style, fatality, flawless victory.

A lot of good performances to go around though. IT, Reke. Cousins, and Trob all played great and carried us throughout. We still might pull this one out if we don't get dud-performances from JT and Salmons, even with the rotations mess.

I'm believing more and more that this roster can be a playoff team. All it needs is someone at the helm that can use it properly

CharlieV just got a 25k fine for the shot on IT, should be the same for Cousins. Although the ball was in the area when IT got fouled so Cuz could get a more harsh penalty.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ok i respect your longevity here, but you just make it sound like your fine with mediocrity as long as the games are exciting and fun. A quality team would have taken the Mavs by the throat and finished them Mortal Kombat style, fatality, flawless victory.
But we don't have a quality team. Considering what's gone on in the past 36 hours, a good game - albeit one with mistakes in coaching and execution - made all of that crap go away at least for a little while. I take the moments of joy when I can find them.

K

KingMilz

CharlieV just got a 25k fine for the shot on IT, should be the same for Cousins. Although the ball was in the area when IT got fouled so Cuz could get a more harsh penalty.

Its DMC the league will suspend him thats just how it is, if it were anyone else than yeah but hes getting suspended no question about it.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Would have liked a different result, but I'm proud of our guys tonight. Everyone played hard. We got a number of tough breaks there at the end, but you have to like what we saw from Cousins, Evans, Robinson, and IT. I really wish Thompson would stop letting other players goad him into committing stupid fouls. Sometimes it looks like the other player is already falling down and he just has to give them a little shove on the way down for no apparent reason.

Fair enough, but rather ironic coming from you, don't you think? :)
I don't seek to waste people's time with low quality posts. Even if folks disagree, I try to respect them with some effort of thought and an explanation of my sentiments. I aim far away from nonsense.

L

LWP777

Not to defend anyone but LWP777 does start a lot of nonsense in threads. Sit down for awhile son.
I'm the guy everybody loves to hate. It's okay. Leaders are born, not made, and will take a lot of heat for their opinions. You'll get over it!

But we don't have a quality team. Considering what's gone on in the past 36 hours, a good game - albeit one with mistakes in coaching and execution - made all of that crap go away at least for a little while. I take the moments of joy when I can find them.
We don't have a great team, but we were far better than the Mavs for 3 quarters (or however long before midget ball), bad coaching started the debacle and bad execution put the nail in our coffin. Btw its not like we lost to a great team, they had a worse record than us, these are not the Mavs of 2 or 3 years ago, this team isn't even a playoff team.