Martin/KT trade package...Worth it?

Package KT with Martin?

• Anything to get rid of Kenny!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I'd do it...But then feel dirty afterwords

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We'd have to get the right player back

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Hell no! Martin's the wave of the future!!

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

gunks

Hall of Famer
So we're stuck with a lot of players we dont really want on the team. And I think the decision would be just about unanimous that people would like to get rid of KT first and foremost...Problem is, no GM in their right mind is gonna want a contract like that attached to a 6'7 PF.

So......Would losing Kevin Martin (a great young player sure, but at the very replacable position of SG) be worth also losing Thomas if they were to be packaged in a trade?

I'd just as soon waive KT, but I thought this is an interesting idea to throw out there...See what all you other Kings fans think.

Probably not. I really don't want to get rid of our best young player just to move a contract. It would really depend on who we were getting back, unlikely a young star since we would be giving up KT. So, ultimately, no.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Smacks way too much of desperation. If we're going to trade KT, I would strongly suspect he'll be part of a deal with someone like Bibby or Artest.

Some fans may think Martin is easily replaced but it would be better IMHO to bite the bullet and just buy out KT if he's that untradeable than give away one of the best bargains in the NBA right now.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Smacks way too much of desperation. If we're going to trade KT, I would strongly suspect he'll be part of a deal with someone like Bibby or Artest.

Some fans may think Martin is easily replaced but it would be better IMHO to bite the bullet and just buy out KT if he's that untradeable than give away one of the best bargains in the NBA right now.
Kinda what I'm thinking...But if a trade came up that was something like Martin/KT for a SG that averages at least 15ppg and picks or expirings, I think we'd be the ones coming out on top.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And what team in their right mind would do that trade? That doesn't do anything for them except pass the burden of KT to their roster.

Come on. Let's try and be a little realistic here...

;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
KT is not THAT much of a problem guys. He's been built up into this "OMG we need to sell the franchise to get rid of him!" type of deal, but he's just not that signifciant. You try to dump his contract if possible. But you don't run around tying yourself in knots to do it. He can be bought out worst case and its a hit on your cap, but its not fatal. However running around making deals dealing away your star players just to get rid of him is. Its like cutting off your nose to get rid of that pimple.