Marc Stein lists Kings as 14th worst playoff team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to Article

--------------------------------------------
14. Sacramento Kings
Imagine a Sacto playoff lineup without any of the following names: Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic, Brad Miller, Vlade Divac, Bobby Jackson and Doug Christie.

It's a very real possibility with Webber, Divac and Christie in exile and the other three Kings mainstays dealing with injuries. Jackson (wrist) will undoubtedly play some against the Sonics, but he was planning a return to action for Wednesday night's regular-season finale (after missing 57 games) without the benefit of a single practice. Stojakovic (groin) is questionable for Saturday's series opener at Seattle and obviously won't be at full strength if he does play. And Brad Miller (leg) might have to wait a few games before joining the fray, meaning that the Kings could be missing all three of the passing big men who made them so dangerous in years past. Mike Bibby remains one of the league's better clutch shooters, but Bibby alone can't replace the missing production of the aforementioned quintet.
----------------------------------------------------

I'm just shocked that he put the kings below memphis. What are all of your opinions on his rankings?

IMO we are the seventh best PO team since we have the seventh best record...I'm sorry no offense to Philly fans but there no way we we are behind THAT team I don't care what anybody says...and Memphis has had a horrible month of April...given they had a tough schedule...but come on...

luckily for everyone I don't take rankings seriously and most definetly don't take anything that Marc Stein has to say seriously

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have never cared what Marc Stein has had to say. Just like the Steve Kerr analysis, it doesn't really say much of anything.

Apparently, from his last comment "aforementioned quintet" he doesn't know that we actually got players back for Webber and Doug.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.