Maloofs Have Given til 5PM Friday for Back Up Offer From Sac Group!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a little too much Maloof hate going on in here lately. I think they started the arena negotiations trying to get a sweetheart deal, when they didn't they back out. Then they realized they needed to bide their time for a sweetheart deal for a move (Samueli) or a sale. If they went public and said, hey we are selling! They would have been lowballed. They actually did the smart business move, they made a sorta crappy asset into a sought after asset. In doing so, they got on offer they could not turn down. If they had turned around and told KJ, hey we have an offer for 525MM, give us your offer, they would be even more slimy than many of you think they already are. How does anyone expect them not to go into the BOG meeting and say they want to proceed with the plan that is signed?

These guys are good guys. Joe and Gavin are loved by every person that I have ever talked to that knows them. Just because we are taking it so personal, doesn't mean it's that personal for them. Remember, they are not from Sacramento. They are from New Mexico.

I don't like a lot of what has gone on, but I don't really think I can blame them for the sale they way it went down. Now, the mismanagement of the franchise since 2005, that's a whole other story.

I agree with you to a point. I mean when they were here, they did lots for the community and did seem like fun and great guys, BUT I think they are shi**y businessmen! Saying one thing and doing another is why many people don't respect them anymore. Plus, the whole I idea of them not wanting to fork out some $$$ when it looked like the previous arena deal was a lock, really rubbed me the wrong way...

Jose, we will just have to disagree on this one. I do not think Hansen and Balmer wanted to own a team in Sacramento nor do I think they would have paid 500 mil for it.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think you can spin what the Maloofs did as a good business decision. I think you can spin Bank of America questionably foreclosing on military families as a good business decision too.

They're still soulless jerks.

I think you can spin what the Maloofs did as a good business decision. I think you can spin Bank of America questionably foreclosing on military families as a good business decision too.

They're still soulless jerks.
Personally, I'll just go with it rains on both the just and the unjust. Even though I can understand some of their possible motivations, at the end of the day I think they just got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.