Lakers Suns

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
TNT halftime show just palyed the clip of Walton bulldoging Tim Thomas followed by little player scrum (that loooked a lot like a bunch of YELLOW jerseys jumping on Tim) Wonder what the suspensions will look like (if any). Anyone know if they even ejected Walton for that crap?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Looks like most of the guys in yellow were playing thug ball... Walton's flying bulldog was like something out of the WWF. They will probalby get fines...

HndsmCelt said:
Looks like most of the guys in yellow were playing thug ball... Walton's flying bulldog was like something out of the WWF. They will probalby get fines...
Dood, Walton hit his forearm and Diaw pushed Parker into Walton and Thomas and they all fell.

A

AriesMar27

there were so many non calls in that game it was sad.... kwame, cook and walton were getting away with so mucg stuff its sad....

AriesMar27 said:
there were so many non calls in that game it was sad.... kwame, cook and walton were getting away with so mucg stuff its sad....
Yeah, and you didn't bemoan the knot Kobe got on his forehead either.

Enjoy your buzzerbeater.

After the Haslem, Posey, and Artest suspensions, the League should suspend Brown and perhaps Walton for what they did. Great game by the Lakers, though, and Nash had some nice moves to the hoop in the 3rd quarter.

Sunsfan:
Hell yes Marion won't stay quiet for another game, I expect about 25 and 10 atleast, As for stopping the Lakers Im praying we can atleast limit the points scored inside the paint today and can we finally put a stop to Lamar.

Sunsfan:
I'm beginning to wonder how the Suns won any games at all this season against teams with a capable front court. Their interior defense is atrocious against Brown and Odom and we're getting outrebounded 27-19 (7-1 on OReb).

Since we can't defend, we might as well leave Barbosa or Diaw at midcourt for every shot and start cherry picking. Maybe that will slow down LA's rush to the boards and get us some easy baskets.

And, for a team with a quickness advantage, we certainly havene't exploited LA in that area yet. Marion keeps trying to post people up instead of face up and beat Odom to the hoop. But, atleast we know he means business tonight: 2-6 for 6 points in the first half icon_rolleyes.gif

This guy must have no pride at all.

Sunsfan:
this is ridiculous. do we have any other half court strategy besides nash dribbling around while the rest of the team hangs out behind the arc?

Sunsfan:
what a wasted season. Well, I guess the rest of league knows now that all you have to do with Nash and Marion is play physical and they fold like a cheap tent.

Jazzfan:
The bottom line, sure you can blame the refs, sure you can blame alotta things, but the Lakers are just getting in your heads. You guys are expecting calls on every nit pick hit they touch you. The Lakers are playing physical, their getting the calls tonight, and their in your guys' heads. If you guys would just concentrate on playing your game and let all the other stuff go, you'd probably be winning.

KevinMartin'sShotDoctor said:
After the Haslem, Posey, and Artest suspensions, the League should suspend Brown and perhaps Walton for what they did. Great game by the Lakers, though, and Nash had some nice moves to the hoop in the 3rd quarter.
Walton hit arm.

Brown stood over Bell after they slung arms.

How does that equate to throwing a mouthpiece at a ref, headhunting Nose, or hunting down a guy on the break? Enjoy the buzzer beater. Good one.

How do you lose when Kobe goes 6-18? ;-_-. Marion has gotta be one of the biggest chokers ever, the dude scored like 7 points a game last year in the playoffs vs the spurs and this year odom is mangling him.

Lol. I can't fathom seeing any outrage on those plays after the complaining over Artest literally waiting for an opportunity to elbow Manu in the head. I guess it's all about who you root for.

Gargamel said:
Walton hit arm.

Brown stood over Bell after they slung arms.

How does that equate to throwing a mouthpiece at a ref, headhunting Nose, or hunting down a guy on the break? Enjoy the buzzer beater. Good one.
Was it an explosive mouthpiece? Lame suspension to begin with.

He headhunted Nocioni? This must be some sort of bizarro world.

You can make a case for Artest's elbow, but I lean toward undeserving of suspension.

Walton's was probably a Flag 1.

He stood over a guy after throwing him to the ground. This wasn't Iverson stepping over Luu; he was "flexing a juice card," as Marbury would put it. A punk move by a bullied kid (thanks to super teammate Michael Jordan and his Renfield Doug Collins) trying to be a bully. Maybe this will help him fulfill his potential.

I am enjoying the buzzer beater, thank you.

"I guess it all depends who you root for."
--Fair enough.

Oh, and Phil Jackson's understanding of Native American culture and Zen culture is minimal, and Nicholson has been phoning in his performances for years. ;)

I like Smush Parker, though.

KevinMartin'sShotDoctor said:
Oh, and Phil Jackson's understanding of Native American culture and Zen culture is minimal, and Nicholson has been phoning in his performances for years. ;)
You need to post more often. ;)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well I only saw the Walton thing onece but it sure did NOT look like arm, I'd love to see the clip on that. As for Kwame's little spat it was way over the top.

Dang, that lower half of the bracket sure looks appealing.

Could the top four teams in the West actually be the Spurs, Mavs, Lakers and Kings again?

Lakers look like they'll beat the Suns. I'd pick them over either the Clips or the Nugs too...

HndsmCelt said:
Well I only saw the Walton thing onece but it sure did NOT look like arm, I'd love to see the clip on that. As for Kwame's little spat it was way over the top.
He was stupid. Kwame. I'll agree. Can't do crap like that in the playoffs, especially on one of the few games where he's looked like a legit NBA player.

I may do the clip tomorrow if I'm feelin it, but prob won't get to it. Maybe I flubbed it, but I saw all the replays and I'm pretty certain he didn't get any of his head at all. The contact looked worse to me than the aftermath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big news that Jackson is a phony, btw, KMDoc. Been knowin that since 99. ;) I hope you didn't expect that to hurt my feelings.

Jack's old and fat, no more manly lead roles. Happens to us all. It's not much of a travesty considering there aren't any Cuckoo's Nests or Shinings being made these days. Same goes for DeNiro and Hoffman. I pray that Jack doesn't accept Fockers III.

I watched this game. The softy Suns are just getting pushed around and out of their comfort zone by the Lakers. This is where they realy miss Amare.

And Kurt Thomas. Wouldn't be surprised if they rush him back. Really don't see the Suns making the WCF (when they said Kurt will come back), they're just too small.

I didn't watch the whole game but i did see all of the IMPORTANT clips on the news.... CRAZINESS!! Even Nash and Kobe were (verbally) going at it.. A LOT! Next game, I think both teams will make an apprearance wearing boxing gloves.... There's some bad blood cooking in that series...

Lakers are playing physical and taking the suns out of their comfort zone, but the frustration started from the suns and has carried over to LA. It started with Nash pushing Sasha for no reason and Kobe got into it to defend his player and they both were jawing at each other. That should have been a technical only on Nash but they assessed it on both Sasha and nash (Isnt that unfair).

Suns shot 35 free throws in game 1, clearly home cooking but came back down to earth in game 2 and lost the game. Kobe got a knot in his head and tim thomas accepted that he fouled him on that play, could have easily costed the game or maybe the suns would have still won (isnt that unfair)

Walton had a hard foul on tim thomas earning a flagrant foul (maybe you can talk about flagrant 2 or suspension but the foul was similar to brian grant stopping smush in game 2 which was also a flagrant foul - if that was no suspension then this one might escape as well) Tim thomas got up and was over walton which is when Diaw started pushing from behind and got a T. Things went chirpy with all the players jawing at each other.

Brown swatted Diaw off of him and stood over him bringing all the players into in again and Brown got a T with Diaw picking up a foul, Bryant and Nash again going at each other. Two trips down at the suns end, raja bell swung his arm and hit Brown in his face after a rebound and no call there. Raja bell swatted at bryant after a foul call and was called for a T, something he has been doing all this series, taking real hard fouls at bryant when the need is not there, even in game 2 by the end of the game to stop the game and to send bryant to the free throw line he took a real hard swipe at him. He is trying to provoke bryant and kobe is playing it cool so far.

The series is getting physical just as expected in a playoff series and the kings fans who havent seen the whole series are picking their spots where they have something to complain about the lakers more because of past history and not objectivity. Or maybe its just the few incidents they are seeing in the highlights and reacting to it.

Clearly jackson assigns a couple of his players to be the "Thug" and it seems like this year its walton. Earlier it used to be rick fox or rodman to just get into the other teams nerves and it has worked for him. D'Antoni is not bad either and he is getting bell to try and get into bryants nerves and we will have to see how bryant reacts through the series, so far he is doing fine and his jesture of swatting dirt out of his shoulders after a hard bell foul reflects that.

Game 4 will be much more physical atleast on the boards and the suns better be prepared for it, they cannot expect to play a finesse game in the playoffs and expect the refs to bail them out every time. Clearly the hard fouls have had an effect on the suns and that reflects in the way they are unable to finish around the basket, cos their mind is now preoccupied in a hard foul that might come their way, exactly what playoff teams do. Dont let you take those easy layups and you have to earn them, at the same time kobe has stopped taking the ball to the hole, more being wary of what might happen there and its smush and walton taking it there or a strong lamar or brown and not kobe so far.

In the postgame, I was watching the Kobe interview:
I have never seen him so jovial. I was looking at him, and wondering what happened to the real Kobe, who was always so morbid and 'professional'.

He looks like he is having more fun than when he won his 1st championship.

Jackson is such an awesome coach. After that little scuffle with Kwame, Nash started going off for 2 straigh layups, and Phil calls a timeout, and adjusts. Getting this group of nobodies to play hard on both sides of the floor. Just amazing.