Lakers are the 9th Seed in the West

Well the Kings secured the 4th Seed in the West again tonight, and the mighty Lakers lost the 8th Seed by losing to the Nets. Anyone feel bad?

Which team does the 9th Seed play in the playoffs?

i think its a bit premature to say we've "secured" the fourth seed again. we're only a half game up on dallas, and thats in the win column. the 3rd, 4th, and 5th seeds are all very close, and there's no reason to believe it wont stay that way til season's end.

And may they stay there. I do not want them any lower (so they get good draft picks) or any higher because well, its obvious.

Like i said before , Lakers wont be in the playoffs this year , the west has too many teams that are fighting for that last 2 spots... and most of them have more heart than LA.

OH NO! <--sarcasm

we are halfway through the season...something tells me that Mr. Bryant will do anything and everything humanly possible to get his team at least in the playoffs...the Lakers actually aren't that horrible if they buckle down and play their game

but i hope they don't make it in

well i pray to god (figuratively speaking, of course) that the laker do actually make the playoff's. it is always good to see a pounding of the lakers, especially if it is by the spurs; would be the revenge of the last year.

Heuge said:
So if Pedja or Webb goes down the Kings will flounder too...really...
In the past it wasn't a big deal but the Kings are not the same team they use to be, even though they're still very good. I don't think they could hold up most of the season if Webber was to go down again. Divac is clearly finished now as a player but what he brought last season wasn't something to glance over. Greg is clearly better on the defensive side but Vlades highpost passing skills was beautiful to watch in the Kings system. You guys are also relying a lot more on younger guys instead of the vets like before. Mobley's new and still learning the system while Christie new in like the back of his hand. Clearly not saying they would suck but I think you guys could deal without Peja easier than you could with Webb now.

Gargamel said:
They're not superstars.
no theyre not.....but theyre among the best forward combinations in the league. together, they average a little over 40 points a game. throw in mike bibby, brad miller, and cuttino mobley, and it doesnt matter if theyre superstars or not. i'd take the incredible starting five we have over 2 selfish and bitchy superstars anyday.

Padrino said:
no theyre not.....but theyre among the best forward combinations in the league. together, they average a little over 40 points a game. throw in mike bibby, brad miller, and cuttino mobley, and it doesnt matter if theyre superstars or not. i'd take the incredible starting five we have over 2 selfish and bitchy superstars anyday.
That's not my original point. I'm saying that if you lose a superstar, you're gonna struggle. That's all. Kings don't happen to be built around one so curse Huege for taking me down this path.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I would not mind a postseason without Lakers. Would be good for the NBA.

If they stay close in the hunt - we play them twice down the strech - so we should help them to secure the 9th spot

Gargamel said:
That's not my original point. I'm saying that if you lose a superstar, you're gonna struggle. That's all. Kings don't happen to be built around one so curse Huege for taking me down this path.
The Martian made me do it! :D