Laker Drama

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, First of All™, that's not what I said. I was referring to the part of @Elise10's post, where she said that infidelity is considered to be expected from professional athletes.

And, second of all, let's suppose that that was what I meant, for the sake of argument; how would you know?

Well, First of All™, that's not what I said. I was referring to the part of @Elise10's post, where she said that infidelity is considered to be expected from professional athletes.

And, second of all, let's suppose that that was what I meant, for the sake of argument; how would you know?
Infidelity is expected from professional athletes. Substitute "men" for "professional atheletes."

Is my interpretation of your meaning correct?

Infidelity is expected from men.

@Elise10, I feel like you can practically re-write "professional athletes" as "men" in your post. Which is a big part of why I find this problematic.
While yes, one could re-write that as such, my post wasn't meant to be gender-specific. There's other boards that I frequent and the stories are of both male and female. Furthermore I probably should have said that that the idea is not something I agree with.

Back to Russell-Young...all I can say is that I heard of this story even before what happened with Young and Jordan Clarkson(the only reason why most care because it made mainstream news)..the Lakers are truly a dysfunctional mess

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, what's the penalty for such a thing? Fine? Jail time?
California Law Penal Code § 632, enacted under the California Invasion of Privacy Act, makes it illegal for an individual to monitor or record a "confidential communication" whether the communication is carried on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a telegraph, telephone, or other device. California is known as a "two-party" state, which means that recordings are not allowed unless all parties to the conversation consent to the recording.

Under Penal Code § 632(c), "confidential communication" includes any communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the parties, but excludes a communication made in a public gathering or in any legislative, judicial, executive or administrative proceeding open to the public, or in any other circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded.

A violation of Penal Code § 632 can lead to a fine of up to $2,500 and/or imprisonment for up to a year (misdemeanor). In addition, the violator may be subject to civil liability in the amount of $5,000 or three times the amount of any actual damages sustained as a result.

from http://stimmel-law.com/en/article/secret-recording-conversations-california-crime