Beno Udrih
Noc
Sean May
Kenny Thomas

Knicks Trade
Jared Jeffries
Eddie Curry
Nate Robinson

Why the Knicks do it: This Knicks add Beno who would instantly become their best point guard as well as getting more contract relief for next year's big summer in exchange for less space in 2011.

Why the Kings do it: It cuts two years off of Beno's deal and gets us a backup big. (I know Eddie Curry is rediculous but he is tall and has fouls and takes up space)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
With Beno/Noc/Kmart/Cisco all signed for this year and three more, the Kings are fairly hamstrung financially (under the cap but not enough to land an impact player). Now when all those contracts expire we have a lot of space....except it's the same year we have to extend Reke and Casspi and Greene/Thomson will be due raises the year before.

Basically financially at the moment we don't have the money to pay a max level free agent to come here, and we won't until we have to extend thompson/tyreke/casspi/greene. The raises due to those guys will keep us pretty much maxed on cap as well. What I'm saying is that if we don't shed Beno and Noc's deals, improving this team vie free agency is a fairly limited option. If we can shed Beno and Noc's contracts, we can add a max level guy to the young core of Tyreke/Martin/Casspi/Thompson through free agency.

I know it's thinking a bit ahead but I think our depth at the 1 and 3 makes moving Beno and Noc for shorter deals important.

I hate them both too I got a headache typing it Im just trying to find ways to shorten Beno/Noc's contracts that the other side might take.

If Beno continues playing this well we won't need to shorten his contract. He'd be a good spot off the bench. Noc on the other hand ... once we get more experience we have no use for him

yah if beno keeps playing well he's an ok if slightly overpaid backup, except ideally your best player will leave the court less than any other starter, yet we would be paying his backup more than any other backup. This is compounded by the fact that when Kevin comes back our best TWO players play in the backcourt so minutes really will be limited.

You really only need one person in that roll and given the choice between Beno/Sergio moving forward I personally think Sergio might be the better choice (although thats certainly debatable) I think if you keep Beno you have to let Sergio walk at the end of the season, you cant afford to pay Sergio what he's worth with Beno and Tyreke already on board.

yah if beno keeps playing well he's an ok if slightly overpaid backup, except ideally your best player will leave the court less than any other starter, yet we would be paying his backup more than any other backup. This is compounded by the fact that when Kevin comes back our best TWO players play in the backcourt so minutes really will be limited.

You really only need one person in that roll and given the choice between Beno/Sergio moving forward I personally think Sergio might be the better choice (although thats certainly debatable) I think if you keep Beno you have to let Sergio walk at the end of the season, you cant afford to pay Sergio what he's worth with Beno and Tyreke already on board.
You need 3 PG's. There is this little thing called fouls and injurys that can limit playing time.

im not saying you dont need 3 pgs, just that if we keep beno we wont be able to afford signing sergio for what he's worth given how he has played this year.

edited because my original post was a tad unclear I definitely agree you need 3 ballhandlers on the roster but I think we wouldn't be able to keep sergio/beno without really hurting ourselves financially. Although I think you could definitely argue that when he's healthy cisco fullfills the 3rd ballhandler requirement if there are injury/foul issues.

Last edited: