[Game] Knicks @ Kings - 12/10/15 - 7:30 pm PST, 10:30 pm EST

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I realize that but our playoff prospects are dependent on Ben or Marco playing better IMO. Ben's PER is 10.5 and Marco's is 11 PER.

One or both need to get into the 13-15 PER range to round out the offense attack so we can compete on average to off nights from our best players.
Doesn't really seem like there's much that McLemore can do, at this stage: his minutes have gone down as his efficiency has gone up.

I realize that but our playoff prospects are dependent on Ben or Marco playing better IMO. Ben's PER is 10.5 and Marco's is 11 PER.

One or both need to get into the 13-15 PER range to round out the offense attack so we can compete on average to off nights from our best players.
I think Ben would get there if he was allowed to play more than 20 minutes a game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another thing is that I replayed that last Anthony 3 point attempt over and although I don't think he was fouled, it was very close and the referee COULD have called it, even if it wasn't right, and if he would have made those free throws, game over and all we would be talking about is how we blew it in the end and let them beat us. So yes, it's okay to be happy we won, but not even close to being satisfied with our play down the stretch. Remember, we were leading by around 20 points!!! Being satisfied is how teams get complacent.
You ever watch Saturday Night Live?

There's a time to celebrate and there's a time to analyze and criticize. IMHO it's okay to take a few minutes to just be happy we won. I don't think I said I was satisfied with our play, but I sure as hell am satisfied with the W.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, I fu@#$@# hate it when the team gets all lazy down the stretch, because if it was any team better than the horrible crappy pathetic Knicks, then let's face it, we may not have so go lucky in the end. Yes, we dominated for much of the game, but the team can start thinking, "see we can play like crap the last 5 minutes, but still win".........I don't want the team having that mentality.
On the contrary: that's exactly the mentality I want them to have. I want them to continue to keep their heads up and compete, even when they are falling apart. You can't count on them to not ever have a late collapse, so it's way more important for them to have the confidence to still win when that happens, as opposed to hanging their heads and conceding the game.

gunks

Hall of Famer
It's not DC he's a solid player. It's how we use him. DC and Rondo together should be banned
This!

Have we already forgotten how good he was last season?

We need to get another solid SG (this could be Ben) and use DC as Rondo's backup. He's a good scorer, and would be a nice change of pace weapon off of the bench.

Hell, if he could step his off-ball game up, he could work with Rondo (as long as we dont go small with the rest of the lineup, which requires a healthy WCS).

Stats are not always great.. Omri ended up with 11pts on 4-10 shooting 8rebs and 3asts.

He was our 3rd best player. Omri played an amazing game. He's stepping up BIG time. He defended Porzingis amazingly well, until they went small..it forced Kofus and Cousins to guard him.

I think when WCS comes back, we should stick with this lineup. I like Casspi's floor spreading ability.
Most of what Omri does doesn't show up in the stats, just in general.

Doesn't really seem like there's much that McLemore can do, at this stage: his minutes have gone down as his efficiency has gone up.
There's more Ben can do. Make more plays when he is on the floor. Omri and Darren are getting more minutes because they make more of an impact on the game. Ben loses minutes to Marco because Karl loves his veterans.

In the last 70 minutes of play over 3 games, Ben has 5 rebounds and 2 assists. That's not good. Just being on the court for that many minutes he has to use his athleticism to make his presence on the court known.

He looked good against the Jazz and Rockets most recently. But these games have been too infrequent.

Clearly collisons fault there. that was the most basic pass rondo is ever gonna give you lol he was just thinking about what he was gonna do with the ball before he even caught it

That was just a fun win, being on national TV against one of the league's preferred teams, Rondo and DMC putting on an exhibition. We gotta stop letting teams back into games though. At least we closed this one out, but those two games against Charlotte and OKC really kill us. We would solidly be in the playoff conversation, even in spite of the DMC injuries, if we had just shown the most basic level of competence in finishing those games.

The defense looks a little better of late. Hopefully they build off this and get a winning streak going here because it's time to stop screwing around if this isn't going to be another lost season.

Charles Barkley really doesn't like us/DMC. So many back handed comments
Even if true, can you blame him? Cousins is arguably the one who started the "hate-war". Care to point out what some of these comments were? Because all I heard was "Cousins is a terrific player. That was a terrific play by Cousins. My only criticism is that he needs to be in better shape". As for Kings-in-general comments? That we've sucked ever since the Webber days? That we need to stop firing coaches and put some blame on players? Do you disagree with those comments?

I don't know. Maybe I'm just blur or not sensitive enough but somehow it feels like you guys are looking for something to be angry about when there simply isn't.

Even if true, can you blame him? Cousins is arguably the one who started the "hate-war". Care to point out what some of these comments were? Because all I heard was "Cousins is a terrific player. That was a terrific play by Cousins. My only criticism is that he needs to be in better shape". As for Kings-in-general comments? That we've sucked ever since the Webber days? That we need to stop firing coaches and put some blame on players? Do you disagree with those comments?

I don't know. Maybe I'm just blur or not sensitive enough but somehow it feels like you guys are looking for something to be angry about when there simply isn't.
I didn't find much fault in the TnT crew last night. They had a bias towards NYK, but so what? They wanted to see Kristaps play and they focused in on him and Melo. And Chuck surprisingly was spot on with most of his point as you already pointed out. He compared us to the Cleveland Browns, which I immediately took offense to then realized.... yeah we kind of are the Browns. Screw up draft pick after draft pick, bad FO and management, can't stick with one coach.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Oh no, I was doing a count.

Do you know that neither Chris Webber nor Charles Barkley said one thing about DeMarcus Cousins except that he was fat/out of shape and shouldn't shoot threes until midway in the 3rd quarter? It was pretty remarkable. At one point it even sounded like Harlan was a little exasperated as he put some extra oomph into his call of a Cousins play. Webber was the first to crack with a simple "that was a nice play" muttered in the background. Barkley's opening remarks were trying to denigrate Cousins by calling him a very good player, by saying he could be a star if, by saying his injuries are all his fault. Finally he got dragged up by Cousins beginning to put on a show to making an excuse, and backhanding him after calling him a terrific player.

I expected little less, but it was pathetic. I would give good money to have been added as a 4th man to that crew. Have never made an NBA superstar cry before, but I would have embarrassed them both. Badly.

Oh no, I was doing a count.

Do you know that neither Chris Webber nor Charles Barkley said one thing about DeMarcus Cousins except that he was fat/out of shape and shouldn't shoot threes until midway in the 3rd quarter? It was pretty remarkable. At one point it even sounded like Harlan was a little exasperated as he put some extra oomph into his call of a Cousins play. Webber was the first to crack with a simple "that was a nice play" muttered in the background. Barkley's opening remarks were trying to denigrate Cousins by calling him a very good player, by saying he could be a star if, by saying his injuries are all his fault. Finally he got dragged up by Cousins beginning to put on a show to making an excuse, and backhanding him after calling him a terrific player.

I expected little less, but it was pathetic. I would give good money to have been added as a 4th man to that crew. Have never made an NBA superstar cry before, but I would have embarrassed them both. Badly.
I would love for that to happen... Two more things to add to the pile: On The Kickoff, they talked about how when Charles came to the table pregame, he was asking "where his boy was at" and said things that weren't exactly friendly- they wouldn't say what. He peed all over Cuz' favorite tree, so its war I guess. But w/e F that guy.
2nd thing is the NBA announced Melo did indeed get fouled which may have resulted in a tie... prob cuz Melo complained publicly about not getting calls. Oh the irony.
Can every just stop crapting on us, for like ONE SECOND??

Bricklayer

TWolves also lost to the Nuggets a couple night ago.

Maybe we could start a thread that keeps track of the standings?
I've been meaning to for weeks -- everytime we threaten to turn things around inf act. but this being the Kings I have always been cautious of appearing ridiculous, have waited a few more days, and sure 'nuff, inevitably we tumble right back into the dumps.

I've been meaning to for weeks -- everytime we threaten to turn things around inf act. but this being the Kings I have always been cautious of appearing ridiculous, have waited a few more days, and sure 'nuff, inevitably we tumble right back into the dumps.
Well, even during slumps other teams floating around the 8th seed have sucked so we've been stuck in the "2-3 games back" area. Even right now, at 9-15 we're 2.5 GB of Utah (who're somehow beating OKC away in the 4th).

Bricklayer

sigh, ok, I'll go ahead and put up my thread. But I'm warning you right now, if we bungle off an go drop 5 in a row here its not my fault.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
sigh, ok, I'll go ahead and put up my thread. But I'm warning you right now, if we bungle off an go drop 5 in a row here its not my fault.
NO! No, no, nope, no way, never!

At least wait until after Tuesday's game. You can't start something new when we're on a win streak at home. The bad juju might sneak in.