[Game] Kings @ Warriors, 11/1/2023 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kings next game against the hated Warriors is on Tuesday, November 28th. It's the last game of the 4 game In-Season Tournament.

Wouldn't it be sweet to beat them and knock them out of the 1st ever In-Season Tournament and send us to the tournament playoffs!

We should have Foxy back by then. It would be sweet revenge! :)
Whoever did this scheduling is awful. Of our 4 match ups with the Warriors, 2 of them come in the first 4 games. The next matchup is a month later. Our last one is 3 weeks before the AS break in January.

We're going to face them in the playoffs again won't we?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

I guess his pivot foot doesn’t technically leave the ground.
I count it leaving the ground three times. The first one is a little ambiguous -- there may be a cm of sole still on the ground. The second time it moves laterally two inches before he puts it down again. The third time he picks it up and plants his other foot before making the pass.

I count it leaving the ground three times. The first one is a little ambiguous -- there may be a cm of sole still on the ground. The second time it moves laterally two inches before he puts it down again. The third time he picks it up and plants his other foot before making the pass.
You got it. Where is the two-minute report?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Oh grand. So the Warriors got away with an obvious travel and an obvious push off on the game winning shot. Klay throwing in a too small taunt after the push off is just icing on the cake. Why do we have referees in these games again?
AI refs haven't been programmed yet

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I must have missed the fact that a certain poster’s absence wasn’t of their own choosing. Been living a lie. Definitely bummed I missed the last straw.
I, too, thought there was an element of autonomy in their absence, which I appreciated.
If you search the members page, you will find that the poster in question's account is still up. Members who have been banned do not have account pages.

I am so completely over Draymond swinging away at Domas and no foul being called. When I close my eyes sometimes I can see Domas just losing it one day and swinging on an official in retaliation. It will never happen but when I picture it, I can't help but smile a little at justice being served.
Nah... if Sabonis loses it one day, I want it to be directed at an offender like Draymond. Like what Jokic did with Markieff Morris. Jokic is getting better spacing and more respect on the floor since then.

Yeah, I didn't view it as a tough shot. He went into rhythm from 17-18 feet over Mitchell, who has no chance of reaching his release point. That's a high percentage shot for one of the best shooters in history
Even Wemby doesn't have a chance of reaching that release point. Klay missed similar shots during the game but hit the big one. Why can't we give credit to him for making the shot?

hrdboild

Staff member
Nah... if Sabonis loses it one day, I want it to be directed at an offender like Draymond. Like what Jokic did with Markieff Morris. Jokic is getting better spacing and more respect on the floor since then.
No doubt Draymond has it coming too but I see the officials as the enablers in this scenario and Draymond as something like a poorly trained dog. If he gets away with it than it must be legal contact as far as he's concerned which is why he continues to do it, The puzzling matter is why Domas gets fouled out of games at a league-leading rate for ticky tack nonsense when this level of contact is ignored when it's directed against him.

hrdboild

Staff member
Even Wemby doesn't have a chance of reaching that release point. Klay missed similar shots during the game but hit the big one. Why can't we give credit to him for making the shot?
I give him credit for nailing a tough shot, but I also think shoving your defender away and then bragging about how unguardable you are is exactly the type of garbage that makes the Warriors so unlikeable to everyone except their own fans (and also those who subscribe to the "it ain't cheating if you don't get caught" philosophy). We all know that if Davion Mitchell does that to Klay Thompson it's an offensive foul. So Klay's greatness is at least partially the result of the NBA's unofficial class system. MJ got to push off defenders on his game-winners and so does Klay Thompson. Even Kings fans just shrug their shoulders and accept it because the Warriors are "supposed to win anyway".

i'll let the software engineers take care of that one
SWEs work with the data that the business provides. When historic business data has bias, the same would be reflected in the data set and affect the AI models. How the data set would be "curated" by a for-profit business is the real question?

No doubt Draymond has it coming too but I see the officials as the enablers in this scenario and Draymond as something like a poorly trained dog. If he gets away with it than it must be legal contact as far as he's concerned which is why he continues to do it, The puzzling matter is why Domas gets fouled out of games at a league-leading rate for ticky tack nonsense when this level of contact is ignored when it's directed against him.
Draymond knows very well what he's doing and what he can get away with. If he was with a lottery team, he will be reffed differently. The refs are just stooges following orders based on the "things to look for" memos from the NBA before every game.

Success breeds more success. The Kings are ascending and Fox is getting featured by the NBA. Domas getting 12 FTs is an improvement. He will get more calls but don't expect fouls to be called in the paint at the end of game unless you are a featured star. That's why we see more 3-point game winners.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
SWEs work with the data that the business provides. When historic business data has bias, the same would be reflected in the data set and affect the AI models. How the data set would be "curated" by a for-profit business is the real question?
but what business wouldn't have bias to begin with?

Oh grand. So the Warriors got away with an obvious travel and an obvious push off on the game winning shot. Klay throwing in a too small taunt after the push off is just icing on the cake.
Gawd is that taunt beyond tiring. I don’t recall ever seeing until about 15 minutes ago and now seemingly every nitwit does it to a player smaller than they are. LAME.

Guess these players aren’t creative enough to come up with something new and are content to overuse something someone else came up with.

When De’Aaron returns he needs to come up with some kind of taunt mocking how opposing players aren’t quick or fast enough to defend him. The beauty of it would be that slow @$$ players like Klay will never be able to use it.

Whoever did this scheduling is awful. Of our 4 match ups with the Warriors, 2 of them come in the first 4 games. The next matchup is a month later. Our last one is 3 weeks before the AS break in January.

We're going to face them in the playoffs again won't we?
It's really brutal early season scheduling. I don't mind playing the Warriors once in the first four games of the season. It makes sense that the league would want to highlight a rematch from a great first round playoff series and help further stoke a regional rivalry, but you'd think they'd want to spread out that rivalry's matchups across the whole season instead of front-loading three of the four games between these two teams.

It's just a bummer for the Kings to catch Golden State with fresh legs so many times in the early going, rather than after the all-star break when their aging core is tired, beat up, and battling a potential variety of injuries.

I give him all the credit for making the shot. It was great. That doesn't mean we can't strategize on how to make the attempt more challenging. I'm convinced that a lot more length, reduces his % in that scenario

Looked like it should have been .4 on the clock too.
Yup, it's kinda ridiculous that the refs never even went to the monitors to check the time left on the clock in a one point game. Klay's shot went through the hoop with 0.4 seconds on the clock, but the Kings only got 0.2 left....

That's a huge difference, at 0.4 you are allowed to catch and shoot it, at 0.2 you can only try to get a miracle tip in :(:mad:

I give him all the credit for making the shot. It was great. That doesn't mean we can't strategize on how to make the attempt more challenging. I'm convinced that a lot more length, reduces his % in that scenario
I agree with you but that is also under the assumption that, say Kessler, would have been as close as Davion was when Klay rose up to take the shot. I think odds are he's not in the same position as Davion but if he was then he would have definitely been a more effective defender.

I agree with you but that is also under the assumption that, say Kessler, would have been as close as Davion was when Klay rose up to take the shot. I think odds are he's not in the same position as Davion but if he was then he would have definitely been a more effective defender.
I fail to see why Kessler Edwards did not get more burn in the playoff series, or in the two games against Golden State so far. He is a highly mobile defender and has quite a reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.