[Game] Kings vs. Wizards, 12/23/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had more than a few good defensive possessions that ended in the Wiz hitting some stupid shots. Not a lot you can do about that. But at least we’re within 20! Not over!
Breakdown off help again. It's such a running theme. Lyles just slightly plays over to the middle giving a wide open 3.

Refer to the first post in this thread. That would be a great summation for the Kings in this game, lol. A lot of running but going nowhere yet.

We’re missing so many open shots. The Wizards are a walking trap game. Not going anywhere but good enough to win any night you don’t show up. Think they ended our mild play-in hopes last year. Should remind myself to keep the TV off next time we play them

The time to adjust, and play even on defense is long before the end of the 3rd quarter. This team is looking more and more like one that is more steady than explosive. I don't think this is like Kings teams of past years where they could eat up a difference in a hurry. Basically Monk and TD are the two options to go full on insane but they're streaky has all heck.

The flood gate open when Huerter committed a foul on a guy who shoot and made the 3. Huerter's defense is lacking allow guys penetrating at will and that create all kinds of problem when you do that. Also, the flood gate speed by Malik Monk turning the ball over multiple times when Sabonis was out. He can't be doing pick and roll with players that he hardly play with like Queta. Also, Malik Monk need to be smart and patient because there are times, he would drive and try to do layup with three defenders all over him....that's just a terrible play. Learn to recognize the situation...it's one thing to play hard, it's quite another not being smart and hurting the team.

Also, I want to say that Mike Brown need to give more minutes to Okpala...the reason Kings play great D during those stretches of game is because he put in the right players. Mitchell and Okpala need to be on the court at the same time...now I understand they need scorers, but knowing Brown and knowing that defense is important to him...I just can't believe that he would have guys out there that don't play D... I am talking about Holmes and Huerte.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The Kings can't expect to win with a 110 points on the board.
No, I mean if we hit our shots it probably doesn't matter but on paper and for most of the season we're better shooters than the guys that just torched us. oh well onto the next one. waste of a friday, but I wasn't doing anything anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.