[Game] Kings vs. Warriors - 4/16/2024 (Play-In Tournament) - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Which Kings team will we see tomorrow night?

• The TERRIBLE Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end it may just add up to a grudge match in the record books, but the Warriors had a better record than the team that bounced us last season. So it’s a big one.

Sending them home is a bigger moment than any moment of the last 18 years. So good thing for the Play in tournament

Great balance. Everybody played well. Wire to wire defensive effort was great.

He should’ve been a 2nd round pick.

But he was an older player who was really skinny. He was also seen as a tweener guard who was more of a SF than PG. his path to an NBA rotation wasn’t immediately clear out of college. He was looking like a guy who might just be a pesky 10mpg player off the bench.

I think he was severely overlooked due to his size. Thank god we found him
Funny how a quality development program can just sky-rocket a guys career.

The two questions we had about Keegan coming out was could he defend the perimeter and was his shooting real. And those have become his 2 best NBA assets.

Similar to Keon, no one thought he could dribble or be a secondary ball-handler/playmaker. Spent a year playing PG in the G-League and has developed into exactly that: an excellent secondary ball-handler/playmaker.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He should’ve been a 2nd round pick.

But he was an older player who was really skinny. He was also seen as a tweener guard who was more of a SF than PG. his path to an NBA rotation wasn’t immediately clear out of college. He was looking like a guy who might just be a pesky 10mpg player off the bench.

I think he was severely overlooked due to his size. Thank god we found him
The size argument is also sorta overrated in his case because he's got the wingspan of a SF and his unreal reaction speed just sorta never puts him at a disadvantage.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Just think to last year when they were hunting Keegan on screens and pressuring the absolute crap out of him whenever he touched the ball. 1 year later, he does this to that same team.
And as I understand it he was the key counter to the Warriors sagging off on Sabonis in this game. I'd like to hear more discussion of that later, but the whole dynamic of Sabonis and Looney went out the window in this game.

We are going to go get our ass kicked yet again by the Pels…….

But damn it feels good to put a stake through Golden State.
One thing is for sure, the Pels will be playing those 3's and hand offs totally differently. However, just like this game, if the Kings can make that right, that's the kind of momentum and confidence a team like this needs heading into the playoffs.

The size argument is also sorta overrated in his case because he's got the wingspan of a SF and his unreal reaction speeds just sorta never puts him at a disadvantage.
Was more being skinny and light weight. If he's able to put on some strength and size, he'll be even more effective than he already is.

Either way, he is a complete steal and I'd be really surprised if he's not starting come game 1 next season

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
One thing is for sure, the Pels will be playing those 3's and hand offs totally differently. However, just like this game, if the Kings can make that right, that's the kind of momentum and confidence a team like this needs heading into the playoffs.
Lakers sorta gave a guidebook for how to attack those Pels hedges and looks but it's going to require HB having a big game and playing like Rui Hachimura.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The starters killed it. Keegan and Keon dominated. Sabonis was his usual self. I'm surprised Kerr didn't play Looney more.

Barnes going to work in the 4th was beautiful as well.
He picked up like 2-3 quick fouls (finished with 4) and was making lots of mistakes. He was not getting away with the malarkey they allowed last year against Domas.

Status
Not open for further replies.