[Game] Kings vs. Warriors - 4/16/2024 (Play-In Tournament) - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Which Kings team will we see tomorrow night?

• The TERRIBLE Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second quarter wasn't as good as I'd like, but the Kings walk into the half with the lead and you can't really ask for more at this point. Let's hope the coach and staff gets the offense refocused. Take care of the ball and push pace in the second half

Gut reaction is that we just blew it by letting GS back in the game before half….but with this team who the hell knows. Defense is looking really good. Keep battling and we’ll see what happens. If they come out cold to start the third I’m not gonna be optimistic. We need Murray to show that 1st quarter aggression.

The Kings are playing stupid when they're up. Fox is not playing smart. Instead of using his speed to attack the basket...he's settling mostly for shots. There is nobody on the Warriors that can guard Sabonis inside beside Green...why not throw him the ball when Kuminga is guarding him? Just not smart ball.

Can anyone think of a call where you had the reaction “oh we got away with one there?” I honestly can’t recall a play in this game where that has been my reaction, but I have 4-5 calls in the other direction where my reaction was “oh they got away with one there.”
Life of a Kings fan

Kings fast break execution hurting them…again

Having numbers and dribbling it off your foot sums up the season.

Points off turnovers should be way higher.

Bright side is the defense has been very good…so far

But we’ve seen the third quarter all season
Fox, Keon, Keegan all had bad unforced turnovers on a fast break.

Can anyone think of a call where you had the reaction “oh we got away with one there?” I honestly can’t recall a play in this game where that has been my reaction, but I have 4-5 calls in the other direction where my reaction was “oh they got away with one there.”
Sabonis got a cheap call against Looney

Brown and his staff better be figuring out what to do on these Kuminga plays. If I were Kerr I'm running Wiggins and Kuminga in pick and roll on every play. The Kings need to be aggressive with attacking the dribble because odds are you're either switching a big or a small in that matchup.

Fox is taking terrible shots. Being a leader of the team and if you know the other team is chipping away the lead....you should have some sense of stopping the bleeding by attacking the basket with your speed instead settling for shots.

You play that level of defense, keep curry to 5, Keegan goes off and you are up…. 4

We are the better team but do we have it in us to pull it out?
We are the penultimate momentum team. We don’t know how to shift gears. We go up 16, and we continue to overhelp and leave their guys wide open. On offense, we keep throwing up splash 3s. That’s how you lose so many 20pt leads. And in this game, 16 when Curry is being shutdown. Not a good indicator for the 2nd half

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
For the most part, the Kings defensive game plan has been working so far. They've been agressively doubling on Steph and closing out hard on threes. Credit to Kuminga there in the second -- he had three plays in a row where the Kings gave him the mid range and he knocked them all down to give his team a burst.

The big thing now in the second half is that GS is a very smart team and they will make an adjustment to get Steph the ball in space more often. And when that happens, the Kings need to adjust too. I like what we're doing so far on offense. Just don't get too three-happy in the second half please!

Brown and his staff better be figuring out what to do on these Kuminga plays. If I were Kerr I'm running Wiggins and Kuminga in pick and roll on every play. The Kings need to be aggressive with attacking the dribble because odds are you're either switching a big or a small in that matchup.
Brown should have gone to Sabonis and have him bully Kuminga inside to take advantage of the smaller size. This is how you take advantage of their lineups. If they're attacking Sabonis with Kuminga...you should have some sense that Kuminga can't guard Sabonis either.

Status
Not open for further replies.