[Game] Kings vs. Trail Blazers - 4/14/2024 - 12:30PM PDT/3:30PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The Blazers have missed 9 shots, and have 4 offensive boards to our 3 defensive boards. Of the other two, one went out of bounds off Keegan, I don't remember the other one that went out of bounds. So they have recovered at least 55% (and maybe 66%) of their misses.

Not acceptable.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Nothing against you or the overall post, but it seems we've heard this excuse beginning around Game 20 and then the refrain is brought up over and over, as if other teams are fresh as a daisy and the Kings for some strange mathematical reason are playing 2x the number of games that everyone else is. I don't see anybody on this team playing 40+ minutes a game and with the exception of Sabonis many have had some games off because of minor injuries. Heck, we heard this excuse coming out of the All Star break. Were they running marathons on the All Star break? We heard it for the entire month of January with Fox. The whole thing frustrates the hell out me. Is Brown truly running them into the ground in practice sessions? Is 20 or 25 minutes a game the max that Fox should play? Should Len's minutes be doubled so that Sabonis can get more rest? Is the overall team out of shape? Or is their stamina just congenitally less than other teams in the league? I'm dying to know the answer.
There are literally published rankings of schedule strength/difficulty and ours have been at the top of the league all season, so yeah there is some component of excuse making at the same time we never got a true easy stretch.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
If the NCAA trend of firing coaches in the tunnel before their press conference was an NBA thing Chauncey deserves to be let go at halftime.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
If the Blazers don’t have the team record I think Scoot may have some dubious individual records this season. Rooting for the kid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.