[Game] Kings vs. Pelicans - 4/11/2024 - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
From breaking Metu’s wrist when he was a Grizzly to destroying the Kings as a Pel, Jonas has always had this franchise’s number lol

Not that the Kings normally stand a chance against a team like this but the severity is clearly in part to getting boned by the schedule this late in the year. Coming off a bad road trip this late in the year makes teams look like they're in a daze.

I'm only saying this as Kings fan beaten down from losing before last season and hope it's not real ..but man I hope our window hasn't already closed
It was never open and Monte knows it, he's been trying to improve this team for a reason. Results guide you and now Monte has a much clearer picture. The issue is how does he make that next step? Draft probably ain't it. Cap space is a no go without taking steps back now. One significant move on talent and it could bust the window open for real though.

Last minute decision to come, so hubby (JKBiker) I hope we get this win for you gotta say we’re down by a ton and I know in the hospital you’re not able to watch. I don’t even know if you’ll get scores there. But come on we’re on National TV tonight let’s show them who we are and let’s keep ringing those bells and get ready to light the beam!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No team is this much better than any team in the NBA. Especially a team only a game beneath them in the standing.
That's the super frustrating part, isn't it? A 47-win team shouldn't be this dominant over a 45-win team. It's got to be all in their heads, right? Like, how is it possible that this Pelicans team struggles against teams that the Kings absolutely wash, like the Jazz and lakers, and the go out and smash teams that dominate the Kings, like the Clippers?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
People getting on Fox for taking too many threes but with Monk and Huerter out and Keegan being an inconsistent young player, he’s our only guy capable of hitting any.

You can see the lack of familiarity with this crew. Sasha made a great cut to the rim and while Domas would have hit him with the pass, Len was looking to the corner.

Got home late. Just peeked at the score….i think I’m gonna pass on this one unless the chip the lead significantly down by half. I just can’t stomach another ass beating by the pelicans this year.

I'm just talking window of being in the mix... as a Kings fan I never expect title contention (would love to be pleasantly surprised but just being realistic).
I don’t agree with his assessment, I think Fox can be the focal point of a contender but he can’t be the only crunch time bucket getter. We need the defense we have played since the break to be real next year (all year), better shooting from our “shooters” (at least 3 high volume guys shooting 38 percent or higher) and one more player that can score in iso situations. We do that and we can be “in the mix” as you say. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.