[Game] Kings vs Milwaukee Bucks - 3/12/2024 7:00PM PST/10:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn’t even necessarily have to be a star forward per se, I think you could get a guy like Mikal Bridges who is more of an elite roleplayer than a star, and still have a great lineup.

I agree, if we keep Barnes and trade for another forward, having both Lyles and Sasha would be too redundant imo. Although, one of those two likely would be included in a big trade as salary filler imo.
We're not getting Mikal without including one of our top 3, which would be dumb. Adding a first to Red Velvet won't get it done, since our pick will be reasonably low.

We might be able to pull it off by attaching other assets, but doubt it.

Since Kyle and Katie brought up Mike Brown's post-game laptop press conference moment against the Bucks on Jan. 14th -- I decided to see if my suspicions were accurate regarding the infamous pettiness of NBA referees and checked the free throw disparity in every Kings matchup since. The Kings have played 25 games since Jan. 14th and have had the advantage in free throw attempts 6 times. They've tied for FTA with their opponent twice and been disadvantaged 17 times. The overall attempts are 485 for the Kings and 590 for their opponents.

Since box scores also list the names of the officiating crew, I included those as well but didn't see any obvious patterns. I guess if I were to draw any conclusions here it would be this: If it seems like the Kings are at a frequent disadvantage in terms of trips to the free throw line, the data does back this up. The Kings have lost exactly 105 points to FTA disparity over those 25 games (-4.2 FTA per game on average). Of course it's worth noting that the Kings are also last in the league in FT % so they're not doing themselves any favors either by smoking 26% of the free throw attempts they do get.

KINGS FTA - FTA OPPONENT (Losses) Names of Officials
16 - 35 Bucks Referees: Pat Fraher, Curtis Blair, Phenizee Ransom
23 - 27 Rockets (L) Referees: Kevin Scott, Ashley Moyer-Gleich, Sha'Rae Mitchell
18 - 21 Spurs Referees: Derek Richardson, James Williams, Karl Lane
12 - 25 Lakers Referees: Derrick Collins, Kevin Cutler, Scott Twardoski
18 - 22 Bulls (L) Referees: Bill Kennedy, Gediminas Petraitis, Mousa Dagher
24 - 32 TWolves Referees: Derek Richardson, Mark Lindsay, CJ Washington
13 - 11 Nuggets (L) Referees: Curtis Blair, Brett Nansel, Aaron Smith
12 - 25 Heat (L) Referees: Tony Brothers, Andy Nagy, Tyler Ford
22 - 20 Clippers Referees: Zach Zarba, Marat Kogut, Dedric Taylor
14 - 16 Spurs Referees: Josh Tiven, Brett Nansel, John Butler
19 - 22 Nuggets Referees: David Guthrie, Nate Green, Ray Acosta
24 - 36 Suns (L) Referees: Derek Richardson, Brian Forte, Curtis Blair
13 - 27 Thunder (L) Referees: Kevin Scott, Scott Twardoski, Matt Kallio
18 - 28 Nuggets Referees: Marc Davis, J.T. Orr, Dannica Mosher
22 - 22 Pistons (L) Referees: Sean Wright, Mitchell Ervin, Danielle Scott
12 - 17 Cavs (L) Referees: Scott Wall, CJ Washington, Ben Taylor
29 - 22 Bulls Referees: Mark Lindsay, Michael Smith, Leon Wood
28 - 24 Pacers Referees: Marc Davis. Aaron Smith. Che Flores

18 - 23 Heat (L) Referees: Ed Malloy, Dedric Taylor, Brandon Adair
10 - 28 Grizzlies Referees: Jason Goldenberg, David Guthrie, Ray Acosta
30 - 18 Mavs Referees: Tony Brothers, Ashley Moyer-Gleich, Intae Hwang
19 - 23 Warriors Referees: Eric Dalen, Kevin Scott, John Butler
27 - 27 Hawks Referees: Scott Foster, J.T. Orr, Danielle Scott
32 - 19 Pacers (L) Referees: James Capers, J.B. DeRosa, Brandon Adair
12 - 20 Suns (L) Referees: James Williams, Michael Smith, Scott Twardoski

KINGS (485 FTA) - (590 FTA) KINGS OPPONENTS

20 - 32 Bucks (L) Referees: Brian Forte, David Guthrie, Intae Hwang (JAN 14th)
Holy crap. I imagine part of their rhythm issues come from barely getting to the line at all SMH good to see the percentage improving as of late, though. *knocks on wood until knuckles bleed*

May be an overreaction, but I genuinely would be OK with Keon being the starter at the SG spot next year. He’s the perfect glue guy for the team and knows his role. Plus, you can’t rule out further development and him improving his offensive game. He just rounds out the starting lineup so well.

Fox/Mitchell
Ellis/Monk
Keegan/Barnes
?/Lyles/Sasha
Sabonis

Is a very good rotation, I’d trade for a star forward to fill in next to Keegan. Huerter seems to not be the greatest fit for want Brown wants and what this team needs. Use all our future firsts and Huerter plus filler to trade for a star forward.
I have a sneaky suspicion something along these lines might be the plan. Keon at the 2 really is a perfect glue guy next to Fox/Monk being the offensive hub. My instant thought keeps going back to he's our Thabo Sefolosha that "started" ahead of Harden with Russ in the backcourt. And now that Davion is showing us signs of life; you're getting real infusion of defense into this core.

Especially if Keon keeps showing he can guard down and check some bigger wings. That changes his outlook drastically.

This also allows you to freely shop Huerter/HB as contracts (if some star does become available), along with all our FRP backs.

I would not be surprised to see Keon Ellis start at the two tonight, with Kevin Huerter at the three and Harrison Barnes at the four. We know that Mike Brown has confidence in Ellis & also know that he has performed well when called upon--six of the last ten games. He leads the team in steals per 36 minutes over that stretch.
Hey, I called it right for once. I look forward to watching the replay.

I don't think anyone is trading us a star forward for K'Von and any number of picks and we wouldn't be able to afford another max contract anyway. But I do like the general concept here and it's more or less the same guys I would keep. I still think we wind up keeping just one of Lyles or Vezenkov, not both. And we really just need a defensive role-player at that PF spot between Keegan and Sabonis. Ideally they would also be able to shoot the corner three but even if their range only goes out to 18 feet, that should be enough to keep defenders from completely sagging off them.

We would be losing some floor spacing without Huerter at SG but Keegan needs to shoot more of those movement threes going forward anyway. He was absolutely elite at it last season and the emphasis on getting him more isolation touches this year and his general tendency to defer when not directly called upon seems to have eroded his shooting efficiency. If Keegan gets all of Huerter's DHO three point attempts and Ellis can continue to make his catch and shoot threes, I think this sort of lineup has a lot of potential.
This right here. I'm really missing those games where Keegan would get 4-5 threes to go in, and that felt like the norm. Bring it back!

Well, what can we all say? Our KINGS are bipolar!

Seemingly every time they dump a game to the likes of DET, CHI, PORT, and HOU — they turnaround and beat an upper-tier playoff contender such as MIN, OKC, DEN, and LAC.

This time around it was 2nd place "MILL-E-WAH-QUE” which is Algonquin for "the good land." ;)

Nice bounce back ’W’.

I attended Sunday’s game against HOU and tonight was such a stark contrast to that game. I’ll be returning to G1C on March 29th for the back-2-back home game against Dallas. I sure hope they can put together a nice string of ‘W’s’ between now and then.

5-3 over the next 8 wouldn’t be great, but not a complete disaster either. 6-2 would be nice, but 7-1 or 8-0 is possible IF this team can find a way to remained focused and interested in beating the BAD teams as much as the good ones. I know we’ll all need to see it before we believe it.

Keon Ellis' unrelenting defense reminds me of a heat-seeking missile detonated on the F-15 Dame, Once detonated, he'll keep chasing you down to harass you all 24 seconds. And he seems to be able to play within his own world, remains calm and always makes the correct decision.

Every championship team includes someone like Keon. And we also have Davion still. The small sample size of Off-night + Keon line up seemed to have almost completely shut down Dame.

Well, what can we all say? Our KINGS are bipolar!

Seemingly every time they dump a game to the likes of DET, CHI, PORT, and HOU — they turnaround and beat an upper-tier playoff contender such as MIN, OKC, DEN, and LAC.

This time around it was 2nd place "MILL-E-WAH-QUE” which is Algonquin for "the good land." ;)

Nice bounce back ’W’.

I attended Sunday’s game against HOU and tonight was such a stark contrast to that game. I’ll be returning to G1C on March 29th for the back-2-back home game against Dallas. I sure hope they can put together a nice string of ‘W’s’ between now and then.

5-3 over the next 8 wouldn’t be great, but not a complete disaster either. 6-2 would be nice, but 7-1 or 8-0 is possible IF this team can find a way to remained focused and interested in beating the BAD teams as much as the good ones. I know we’ll all need to see it before we believe it.
This team cannot match up against long quick wings who torch us over and over. Houston has them in abundance and Mil does not. Mil has defensive role players at 2-3.

May be an overreaction, but I genuinely would be OK with Keon being the starter at the SG spot next year. He’s the perfect glue guy for the team and knows his role. Plus, you can’t rule out further development and him improving his offensive game. He just rounds out the starting lineup so well.

Fox/Mitchell
Ellis/Monk
Keegan/Barnes
?/Lyles/Sasha
Sabonis

Is a very good rotation, I’d trade for a star forward to fill in next to Keegan. Huerter seems to not be the greatest fit for want Brown wants and what this team needs. Use all our future firsts and Huerter plus filler to trade for a star forward.
I would be ok with Keon being the starter right now. Love that dude. We upgrade Barnes next season and then we will have a great balance in our starting lineup. Still hoping to slide Keegan into the “3” spot and find a more suitable running mate for Domas.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Miles Bridges isn’t very good at defense that doesn’t involve his lawyer paying settlements to people he’s abused.
Mike Brown got Wiggins to commit to playing defense, even Monk and Huerter have been giving good effort on that side. He can bring out the defense in him too I believe

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Mike Brown got Wiggins to commit to playing defense, even Monk and Huerter have been giving good effort on that side. He can bring out the defense in him too I believe
He’s played for Steve Clifford for most of his career. If he had any defensive bone in his body something would have probably shown by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.